Arm Lock And Throttle Decay

3 replies to this topic

#1 coolcook007

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Arm Lock and Throttle Decay should NOT be set on "on" by default. New players won´t like the game because of the bad controls.
Btw, noone really uses it. I´d definitely say these 2 options shouldn´t be on by default.

#2 Captain Teft

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Couldn't agree more. The "default" option should be... the default! How things have been for forever, and how they're meant to be played (IE armlock). Throttle decay and arm lock should be seen as options and/or crutches to be used if you don't mesh with the default/main/primary/intended controls for some reason.

Having them be default makes no sense.

#3 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

i think throttle decay is great for joystick users, not so great for keyboarding.. the arm lock good for A1 catapults, and stalkers, ravens, jenners, other mechs with no arms.. although, i will say i have not given the key pad version of throttle decay a try..

#4 Nexus Omega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, I turned them off after the first match too.
However new players (New to Mechwarrioir) Already have enough trouble getting the mech to move around.

I would like a toggle for Arm-lock though, the "Arm Lock Toggle" binding isn't a toggle atm. (have to hold it.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users