134 replies to this topic

#1 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hi guys,

Just noticed that I stopped getting credits and xp after disconnecting AFTER dying in match. Is it just me or is anyone else getting this?

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Ouch, that sucks. Explains why my winnings have been sub-par despite going in and doing lots of fighting, getting kills, loads of damage, and quitting early to customize the next of 59 mechs to run in the next round.

#3 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Ooh ... I like the change, but when did this happen?

Did we miss something the patch notes somewhere?

Does it count the same for intentional "leave the match" choices and "my interwebs sux" disconnects?

#4 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Wow, that sucks. Why was such an important change not announced to the players? This severely impacts the income of all those players who do not wish to sit around for minutes after dying, but wish to play again as soon as possible. I'd be very interested in the reasoning behind this change.

#5 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

I've not been playing for quite a while.. but that will totally suck.. I tend to die early often times, and quite often I don't feel like sitting around watching (especially with a sucky team). Gonna be a pain if I don't get rewards in those matches.

#6 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Wait, what? For real? Malformed packets have been robbing me of more than just a good time.... Oh no. No reconnect option. Oh man.

#7 Othello

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 29 May 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

You will only receive rewards obtained before you disconnected. To earn match rewards, you must observe the match.

Niko:

Thanks for all that you do for the MWO community. I believe you may have mistyped or misunderstood the question. The OP's question is very specific about match reward after your BattleMech was destroyed in battle. Can you take a look at this again and/or check with a developer as well?

Thanks again and much appreciated!

#8 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

While I like this change, I don't recall seeing it being documented in any of the patch notes...

#9 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 29 May 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

No confusion ;) Same answer still applies when disconnecting before the match end results screen appears. This was done to stem a group of players who had abused the previous rewards for DC farming purposes.

While noting that I have never that such a person, the question still stands: Why has such an important change not been communicated to the player until now? This severely impacts the income of ALL players, not just a small group, and has now been active for at least 9 days. Why is there no official announcement on that topic? Why does it take a player to notice and post that his earning have gone down notably for the player base to get knowledge of that fact? And wouldn't sanctioning the group of abusers have been a better strategy than impairing all of your players?

Edited by Genewen, 29 May 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I hate this change to be honest. I fight til I die, usually take out 1 to 6 enemies, and rather than watch the fight get turned around for a loss or both sides play "zomg this is gears of war, let's pop-an'-shoot for the last 9 minutes!" I prefer to drop out and jump to my next match.

I mean heck, I usually get good scores. Even occasionally get great scores such this one with 4 machine guns and 4 flamers in a Jagermech JM6-S, which was before the MG and flamer buffs! (Was the first to die, fought solo and far from the group against an Atlas and Dragon). With ELO and pugging I am thrown into good matches on occasion but more frequently I find myself thrown in to offset some poor team average by having my presence buff the average my team rates at. Yes, I confess that it makes me look awesome but...sometimes it leaves me with little faith in my allies at times. I can't fathom the bruises I'd get with the face-palming I'd be doing if I had to sit and wait through some of the matches I see.

This makes me a very sad panda.

Edit: I just sat through 6 matches all the way to the end. ...I'm reminded that no matter how many people I help out on the player help threads, there are some that are just beyond any form of help at all. In one match I was abandoned by my allies who then went for the enemy base while we were winning with only two enemies left. Somehow they all died; picked off one by one since none of them had similar speeds.

Sometimes it makes you want to...
Spoiler

At least there's a highlight; here's an unmodified Atlas RS with no unlocks, no changes, standard heatsinks. Check this score out.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 29 May 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#11 Othello

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Updated summary

This appears to have been a misunderstanding. Much ado about nothing. Life goes on.

View PostNiko Snow, on 30 May 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Edited my post on Page 2 to clarify my response:
Disconnecting before being destroyed should result in no rewards beyond those earned at the point of disconnection.
Mechs destroyed after disconnection should not affect the above.
Disconnecting after being destroyed should result in match rewards being earned.
In-Battle Awards such as Assists will be awarded after death, though this is not confirmed final.
In-Battle Awards such as Assists will not be awarded after disconnection.

hidden, original post
Spoiler

hidden, Mechwarrior reports
Spoiler

Edited by Othello, 30 May 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#12 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

This makes me a sad panda.

#13 Darokin Korin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wow, had no idea this was implemented. While I understand the reasoning behind it, it's a tough pill to swallow. I've got a pretty big stable of mechs to choose from when playing and I want to be constantly in game and playing a match. This 'feature' drastically slows down my in game time if I want to be rewarded for my effort. Again, I get why this was put it, I just don't like it.

#14 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yea, currently what is the point of having more than one mech?

#15 Tor6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

I don't like this change, especially with friends of mine constantly crashing before/after dying. People get really frustrated when they get DCed through no fault of their own and then have their match rewards destroyed. It's understandable if you take them away if they leave prematurely, but it makes NO sense to punish players who have fought and died and then want to leave the game if it's taking too long for your last atlas to chase down the enemy jenner who is capping the map and running out the clock. I think this change should be reverted.

#16 Othello

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Can we move this thread into another forum? Maybe Metagame or patch feedback...

#17 Darkkalen

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

If this is true.. Why wasn't a note added to quit match button when clicked to say something along the lines of "You will get nothing from this game if you quit"?

This should of been in the patch notes...

I understand why it was done though..

P.s.. Going to love those Trolls even more that power down and hide in a match or run after the light for 10 mins ;) And not cap.

Edited by Darkkalen, 29 May 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#18 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Not sure which I dislike more, the change or not being told about it.

#19 KAOS 1

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

What .

I cant belive we werent told about this , 80% of ppl quit as soon as they die to reque or do something else.

Those patch notes realy need to mean something we can rely on, i advise taking a hint from Blizzard's notes very tidy and doesent miss a thing.

Edited by KAOS 1, 29 May 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#20 Typatty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

Would it be possible to fix disconnect farming without hurting the income of every MWO player in the process? That'd be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users