Hammer Needs Your Help To Make 3050 Weekend Data Collection Weekend!

123 replies to this topic

#61 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Thanks!

Here's your results:

Spoiler

Here's my second set of data:

Spoiler

And the combined so far (I'm A and B, Rigotoni C, Jay35 D):

Spoiler

#62 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Question, could we link you to our steam profile that has the screenshots? Or would you rather still have the links in a spoiler tag format on an external site?

#63 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Interesting, thanks for the data. So it looks like every match I played the enemy team had significantly more tonnage than my team?

#64 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postjay35, on 05 April 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Interesting, thanks for the data. So it looks like every match I played the enemy team had significantly more tonnage than my team?

Not really, average was 37.5 tons for the 6 matches. I don't think a Jenner is too big of a difference. That 80 swing was the biggest outlier.

View PostShazarad, on 05 April 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Question, could we link you to our steam profile that has the screenshots? Or would you rather still have the links in a spoiler tag format on an external site?

You can try steam, if it works ill use it if it doesn't try the other method.

#65 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 05 April 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

You can try steam, if it works ill use it if it doesn't try the other method.

Righto, expect some screenies from me once I finish the matches! Happy to help

#66 Kasiagora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 620 posts
  • LocationIf not the mechbay then the battlefield!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

...And my Jenner!

I just ran four matches in Assault mode in my founder's mech to gather some data for you, but reviewing the screen shots there's a couple of guys that were in more than one match with me. Pretty well expected since it's non-peak hours right now, but I thought I'd ask you if you thought that would skew the results. Looking at it right now, the couple of repeats kept their mechs the same in both of the matches they were in and they were on different teams and games from one another, so they weren't a premade... Idle thoughts. Also I assume I count as 1 in my matches? As I would be the control variable in my collections, or should I not count as my decision would seem biased given that I know about the collection... I think I should be 1 because my choice in mech was decided before I knew about the test based on that it's my only founder/hero mech and I want to make some c-bills...
Anyway, I'll have time to play more tomorrow when I get off work, so it's no biggie either way for me if you would care to use my non-peak data from tonight or not. Right now I'm pretty tired and rambling.

Oh yeah! One last thing that I noticed for myself is that aside from one match where I did 299 damage, my other three matches tonight I did between 323 and 327 points of damage with my Jenner. That is some unexpected consistency so far! I'm interested to see if it stays consistent tomorrow or if this is a fluke.

#67 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Great idea Hammer! I'll take some tomorrow for you.

P.S. Why haven't you thought of this sooner? :) I had just assumed you liked running 80 pugs in a row piloting an Atlas....

Edited by Lance425, 06 April 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#68 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostKasiagora, on 05 April 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

...And my Jenner!

I just ran four matches in Assault mode in my founder's mech to gather some data for you, but reviewing the screen shots there's a couple of guys that were in more than one match with me. Pretty well expected since it's non-peak hours right now, but I thought I'd ask you if you thought that would skew the results. Looking at it right now, the couple of repeats kept their mechs the same in both of the matches they were in and they were on different teams and games from one another, so they weren't a premade... Idle thoughts. Also I assume I count as 1 in my matches? As I would be the control variable in my collections, or should I not count as my decision would seem biased given that I know about the collection... I think I should be 1 because my choice in mech was decided before I knew about the test based on that it's my only founder/hero mech and I want to make some c-bills...
Anyway, I'll have time to play more tomorrow when I get off work, so it's no biggie either way for me if you would care to use my non-peak data from tonight or not. Right now I'm pretty tired and rambling.

Oh yeah! One last thing that I noticed for myself is that aside from one match where I did 299 damage, my other three matches tonight I did between 323 and 327 points of damage with my Jenner. That is some unexpected consistency so far! I'm interested to see if it stays consistent tomorrow or if this is a fluke.

As long as it isn't too prevalent don't worry about it. If its 4-5 matches seeing the same guys I'd try to get other matches. It is a long weekend after all :).

Also, not really interested in damage numbers, just which mechs and for side info who wins.

Keep on jennering!

View PostLance425, on 06 April 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

Great idea Hammer! I'll take some tomorrow for you.

P.S. Why haven't you thought of this sooner? :rolleyes: I had just assumed you liked running 80 pugs in a row piloting an Atlas....

Well it was 20 in each, and I did it for the reasons mentioned in the first two pages, that the results could be manipulated, and also I wasn't sure how interested people would be.

I also didn't really mind the first 60 matches, it was just playing in the atlas that I hated with a passion

#69 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Bump for great justice (and because the search function seems borked)

#70 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

First game of the day - more to come later.
Spoiler

Edited by TruePoindexter, 06 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#71 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Awww, I only get 10 games this time? ;)

Didn't notice you wanted assault, at first. After cutting out all the conquest games and ones with discos:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by MuonNeutrino, 06 April 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#72 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

You are beyond our help.

#73 Rigatoni

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

10 more

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#74 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ten games in a new Jager mech. Watch me fail.

Spoiler

edit:

They work. At last!

edit: Noticed two got discos. Two more then

edit:

Four more. Should be 10 good ones now.

Spoiler

edit:

I also noticed these are my first matches in a heavy since stats tracking. Elo is definitly working. Games are very different from those in the HBK-4P. More arm locked players. Joystick aimers. Suboptimal builds.

Edited by Hauser, 06 April 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#75 Lord Psycho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Can you do this for a couple weeks? I liked to see what kind of data that comes out of a "normal " MWO weekend. Thosespecial torunament ones and stuff just incite aggro builds.

and I wish I saw this Friday instead of today and specifically tonight..would've been screenies all day....

#76 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 05 April 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

First you have to play in either full windowed or windowed mode, full screen wont work.

At the EoR screen, hit print screen.

Works fine for me in fullscreen mode, maybe it's related to video card? I have an ATI HD7850. <shrug>

#77 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Fraps can also be used to take screenshots. Doesn't slow you down when it's not recording.

#78 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostMuonNeutrino, on 06 April 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Awww, I only get 10 games this time? ;)

Didn't notice you wanted assault, at first. After cutting out all the conquest games and ones with discos:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

More data is always appreciated. I prefer to have a bunch of people submit 10 than a few submit more, but I'd really like to get at least 200 matches gathered irregardless. And lets face it, I trust your data after your help with the last ones =P

#79 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostHauser, on 06 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Ten games in a new Jager mech. Watch me fail.

Spoiler

edit:

They work. At last!

edit: Noticed two got discos. Two more then

edit:

Four more. Should be 10 good ones now.

Spoiler

edit:

I also noticed these are my first matches in a heavy since stats tracking. Elo is definitly working. Games are very different from those in the HBK-4P. More arm locked players. Joystick aimers. Suboptimal builds.

THANK YOU!

View PostLord Psycho, on 06 April 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Can you do this for a couple weeks? I liked to see what kind of data that comes out of a "normal " MWO weekend. Thosespecial torunament ones and stuff just incite aggro builds.

and I wish I saw this Friday instead of today and specifically tonight..would've been screenies all day....

The problem with doing multiple weeks is that there's always "something" occuring, wether it be special weekends, or new mech releases (seeing they are releasing a "new" mech (either hero or regular) on a biweekly basis lately).

I may try an off week data gathering but seeing what people are using in different tournaments can be just as interesting.

#80 Kasiagora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 620 posts
  • LocationIf not the mechbay then the battlefield!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Okay. Got my 10 screenshots. Now to upload and figure out spoiler tags for the first time.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users