November is Reboot Month

116 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

It's all about the Reboot

First off, what a week! The response to the MechWarrior® Online™ announcement has been overwhelming! Thanks to everyone who has registered their pilot name and visit our forums! Over 22,000 posts in 7 days! If you haven't already done so, make sure to register now!

Now it's time to roll out some plans we've been brewing here at Piranha. There are so many exciting features to discuss, that we've come up with a schedule designed to reveal everything there is to know about MechWarrior® Online™. We are delivering content using a series of blogs, interviews, and Q&A sessions as follows:

First Wednesday - Developer Blog

We kick off the month with a major reveal about the game and its features. Blogs will take form of written articles or video diaries.

Second Wednesday - Developer Interview

Step behind the curtain and get to know the team behind MechWarrior® Online™.

Third Wednesday - Community Update

Community Update is a forum for players to ask questions and get answers directly from the developers.

Fourth Wednesday - A Big Surprise.

At the end of each month, we plan to reveal something really cool!

During the month of November, Piranha will be discussing Rebooting the franchise and what that means for MechWarrior® Online™. Here's a preview from November's Developer Interview with concept artist, Alexi Iglesias.

Are there any Mechs that you are scared of rebooting?

Probably the Timber Wolf, I know that if I mess that one up, I will never hear the end of it, and will probably have to try to outrun a few pitchfork wielding mobs.

Are there any Mechs you can't wait to redesign? Why?

I really want to redesign the mechs with bizarre legs that seem to defy physics in some sense, like the Stalker or Black Python, in order to fix the problem. Aside from that, basically any historically awkward or generic looking mech that has usually been overlooked in favour of the cool looking ones, I'd love to polish them up, and bring out the cool factor for them.

The full interview will be posted right here at www.mwomercs.com on Wednesday at 10AM PST.

#2 phelanjkell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Flying Debris, I will never chase you with a pitchfork if you mess up the Timber Wolf... but I can't promise the others will not!!!

Amazing work brother, glad your talent is getting its rightly deserved credit! And thank you so much for creating this amazing images, let us hope the modelers can do your work justice!!

#3 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Looking forward to what you guys have in store!

#4 Thom Larsen

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

As long as an Urbanmech shows up, we'll be cool.

#5 Strajen Marez

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNortheast Alabama

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hell. Yes.

Edited by strajen marez, 07 November 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#6 Galaxy613

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA, VA

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

Why again do ALL mechs need to be rebooted? :|

I sorta see why they redid the Jenner, but why the Hunchback? And the Atlas?

Not saying they don't look GOOD, they just aren't like ALL THE OTHER FRIGGIN' Battletech & Mechwarrior material out there!

Edited by Galaxy613, 07 November 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#7 Night Hawk

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

Sweet can't wait till Wednesday. :)

#8 CWolf

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Great schedule... can't wait!

#9 Night Hawk

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

View PostGalaxy613, on 07 November 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Why again do ALL mechs need to be rebooted? :|

I sorta see why they redid the Jenner, but why the Hunchback? And the Atlas?

Not saying they don't look GOOD, they just aren't like ALL THE OTHER FRIGGIN' Battletech & Mechwarrior material out there!

Probably because they are trying to update them for a new generation of Mech Warrior's out there. And make them more up to date with today's standards. Basically give them more a futuristic look by today's standards. Also more realistic I would say too.. Like he said some mechs just look like they should not be able to stand on there own two feet. There is a few like that.

#10 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

¿awkwards walking mechs? I always thought it would be funny to left a Scorpion disarmed, and then blow it's legs one by one... Slowly...

... I guess i forgot my pills again :)

Anyway, i guess a game like Mechwarrior wouldn't need the perfect physics of a driving simulator, but yes, there are some mechs around which seem like floating at some part of their walking sequence.

...it's tuesday yet... just 24 more hours.

Edited by Caballo, 07 November 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#11 caioaf

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

can we start the questions for the third wednesday already? or will have to wait till next week?

anyway, FD's works are amazing! I really want to see more of his work!

#12 FaydeShift

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

I will hand you my wallet to see Urbenmech, Legacy (or any other Comstar/WoB mech), Axman (with a functional axe of course), Anubis, Barghest (quad mechs would be awesome!)...
I don't think any of the above mechs have been featured in any other mechwarrior games... I do know that many of the above is out-of-canon from the timeline that you are projecting right now though...

Looking forward to Wednesday, my new favorite day!

#13 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

There may be hope for the King Crab.

#14 Long Tom

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, US

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Can't wait for Wednesdays! It has been a long time since a game has got me this excited. I practically grew up with the Battletech universe and the 3025 time period was where I got started. It has a special place in my heart.

#15 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Keep it comin'. We're all hungry for news.

#16 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

So, Wednesdays are the days to watch. Thanks, guys. Can't wait to see what you've all got planned.

#17 Night Hawk

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

I personally hope they add the shadow cat into the mix. Mad cat is ok. But the scat is and always will be my favorite.

#18 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Can't wait for more updates. I'm really pumped for this game, but the release date is sooooooooooo far away.

And what's up with the OP? Is that html code?

#19 Dragonlord

• 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

This sounds very exiting and I cant wait for more info on the game.

Dont want to derail the thread, but feels this bears mentioning.
Dont know if others have noticed it, but the OP seems to me like it was supposed to show something, but instead just shows me some weird code making the post rather cluttered and unreadable to me.
Its not my web browser in general thats the problem, as I tried it in Internet Explorer and got the same there.
I wonder if maybe there is a plugin or something that I need to see it properly, or does everyone see it this way?

#20 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 November 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

Are there any Mechs you can't wait to redesign? Why?

I really want to redesign the mechs with bizarre legs that seem to defy physics in some sense, like the Stalker or Black Python, in order to fix the problem. Aside from that, basically any historically awkward or generic looking mech that has usually been overlooked in favour of the cool looking ones, I'd love to polish them up, and bring out the cool factor for them

...Marauders, Warhammers and Riflemen are historically awkward or generic looking 'mechs that have usually been overlooked in favor of others, and maybe you'd love to polish them up and bring out the cool factor for them, too? I hope?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users