November is Reboot Month

116 replies to this topic

#21 xezat

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Can't wait to see what the Mad Cat looks like, hopefully nothing that different since I liked the original design.

#22 Wil Scarlet

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Let's get this straight.. it's a Mad Cat... secondly I wont chase you down.... I'll just wait for you at your car :)

Please Please Please don't mess with my Panther!!!! I would like to see the Urbie get a cooler up to date make over tho... darn thing looks like a trashcan with legs.

#23 minobu tetsuharu

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to these Wednesday reports.

#24 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostDragonlord, on 07 November 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

This sounds very exiting and I cant wait for more info on the game.

Dont want to derail the thread, but feels this bears mentioning.
Dont know if others have noticed it, but the OP seems to me like it was supposed to show something, but instead just shows me some weird code making the post rather cluttered and unreadable to me.
Its not my web browser in general thats the problem, as I tried it in Internet Explorer and got the same there.
I wonder if maybe there is a plugin or something that I need to see it properly, or does everyone see it this way?
I'm almost certain it's HTML code, but why it's in the OP I have no idea at all.

#25 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

The news aggregator is still posting raw HTML.

#26 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Exciting stuff! Can't wait to see the first video :)

#27 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 07 November 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

*Looks up from sharpening his pitchfork*

Say what now?

:)

You treat that Timber Wolf nice now, ya hear! She's a good workhorse! I'm sure you guys will make me proud to be back and piloting my favorite chassis again. I love the art style I've seen and hope the Wolf gets a nice sinister, aggressive looking remake.

Rest assured on this. . . I'll be one of those with the pitchfork. :D

#28 Colaessus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Now we really get to see who game play is better, Mechassault or old phart MW 4 players.

End of November will settle it.

MECH ASSAULT and you all know it.

#29 Mr T

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostGalaxy613, on 07 November 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Why again do ALL mechs need to be rebooted? :|

I sorta see why they redid the Jenner, but why the Hunchback? And the Atlas?

Not saying they don't look GOOD, they just aren't like ALL THE OTHER FRIGGIN' Battletech & Mechwarrior material out there!

Personally I think the new Hunchback look is killer. I've always had a love for it and will definitely be piloting one of these.
As long as they remain recognizeable I think it's a good thing, life changes, time passes, etc, eveyrhting must evolve with it.

Typically most people don't stick with the clothes they wore in elementary/high school, neither should our mechs :)

#30 taxman

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWirral Cheshire England

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Excellent I cannot wait to see the 'Improved Mechs'. All Timberwolf pilots should be clambering and begging for you to reduce the profile of the ears.... Allways liked shooting them of , bit like tin cans on a fencepost. :)

Realy excited to see what the mechs will look like and more importantly how they 'Feel' when you boot up and take the first few steps.

#31 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

View PostAmro_One, on 07 November 2011 - 05:18 PM, said:

Now we really get to see who game play is better, Mechassault or old phart MW 4 players.

End of November will settle it.

MECH ASSAULT and you all know it.

Mech Assault would have been much better with a Mech Lab, the gameplay was fun though, I really enjoyed those games except for the one for the DS.

*Shivers.

#32 Nightstick

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Glad to see the constant stream of info coming. nothing worse than a build up then nothing. Trying to get all my old posse back together again is fun too.

#33 Grei

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Personally I don't mind refreshing the mech looks, since that'll only lead to better realism with the modelling in the game.

I do take exception to the fact that the Atlas seems to have lost it's dish though. That's almost as much a fundamental part of the look at the SRMs on the hip.

Grei

#34 Akido Smith

Rookie

• The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Is it Wednesday yet? Wating for 10 yrs should have made a 2 day wait easy but it does not.

#35 Phytochrome

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Given what we've seen so far, I'd say the reboot designs are in safe hands.

I just hope we get more concept art in the Wednesday update!

#36 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

I'm glad you guys are going to reboot all the 'Mechs because after MW3 and MW4 the 'Mechs became very "boxy" and too "clean."

One thing you need to watch about that I have yet to see that needs fixed is that when the Timber Wolf is twisted to the side that the back of the chicken leg goes into the arm every time that 'Mech is in a run.

#37 ilion

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I would love to see a redesign of the timber wolf.

#38 terminator

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

Mmm This will be interesting to see how they fix walking on some of these mechs.

#39 Smiffy

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hell to pay if you mess up my cougar, shadow cat, bushwacker, and vulture.

the kodiac could use some love though.

Edited by Smiffy, 07 November 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#40 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA, Terra, SOL System, Inner Sphere

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Dear lord, yaknow I understand the whole 'redesign' thing, But we have certainly reached a point graphically where we can actually depict the arms on the Timberwolf correctly. The mini went through a redesign already, and is a fine looking warmachine in it's current incarnation. So *hint* copy the existing ART!

I think it is going to be best to stick close to the source material for a change. We have plenty of miniatures to look at for honest inspiration. some things need to be altered, certainly.

But, it can go south quickly; I can just imagine all the armor plate x's all over designs that used to have nice smooth surfaces, *** forbid we should actually honor a couple decades of history rather than make it look dark and gritty for the easily excited little kiddies out there.

- I started sharpening MY pitchfork the second the word "reboot" got tottered out. among film geeks that word is essentially a curse, it has negative connotations (mostly of betrayal). So pardon me if I expect the absolute worst when it is put forth proudly as if it were something to be excited about. I can only hope the design aesthetic doesn't go anywhere near the abominable look of MW4, oversimplified designs with a few surface details to distract from how badly botched the models really were. and stays closer to the ideas of the actual miniatures. (* hint* the Dragon has a complex torso shape... it is not simply a long box with some roundish shoulder things.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users