#61 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:01 AM

You reboot the clan mechs into ridiculousness and there will be at least one Clan that will never ever let you hear the end of it. Mess with the Summoner and there will be Hell (and a Smoke Jaguar) to pay!

Aside from that glad to hear we will be getting some standardization of updates. Looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

As for mechs that need to be rebooted...crazy legs on the Crab anyone? I mean was it just me?

Edited by Amarus Cameron, 08 November 2011 - 05:01 AM.

#62 Jack Dandy

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

If there's one part of this project I have confidence about, it's FD's skill as an artist. Go get 'em, man!

#63 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

I'm really looking forward to these regular updates... it should be enough to keep all us crazy fans.. even more excited for the release! :)

#64 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

Really excited about the mechs mentioned in the OP.

Stalker...out of the rotation since MW2?

Black Python!...Never in the rotation that I recall. Gives me hope for quite a few of the less well known designs. YEAH!

#65 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

... Is it SOOOO hard to not just copy and paste on your own board announcements and actually format it correcly? :)

That being said, the more official content is appreciated.

#66 Von Ryan

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:47 AM

Please just make sure that the Sasquatch is in there and the Awesome. :)

#67 Steevo

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationSalisbury(centre of the universe) UK

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

Thanks folks.

Been waiting for this for a looooong while.

#68 Thoth

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

I have to agree, the fan boys will "kill you" if you mess that mech up! LOL.

Keep up the good work. It is looking interesting.

#69 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

Just make the scat the baddest, fastest, meanest, sneakiest mech, and I will leave the pitchforking to the timber wolve geeks!. Sincerely excited for this new iteration to come to fruition, thank you for the opportunity to once again pilot a lumbering behemoth with death riding on either arm (or shoulder) this brings me back to my formative years of MW3 running in the clans, killing things indiscriminently, drinking beer late at night and Meching until dawn!!!

#70 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

Lets face it--some 'Mechs are just downright ugly. I'm all for holding true to the original designs, but to a degree. If the Atlas, Jenner, and Hunchback they have shown are any clue as to what lies in store, then I say let them have free reign.

#71 Captain Nice HD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTaurian Concordat

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

Just don't make the armor panels on the Timber Wolf too flat and angular, or else it will be almost indistinguishable from the Rakshasa.

#72 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Other way around. The Rakshasa is the Inner Sphere designed Timberwolf derivative. They're supposed to look very similar.

#73 Captain Nice HD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTaurian Concordat

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

View PostGlare, on 08 November 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Other way around. The Rakshasa is the Inner Sphere designed Timberwolf derivative. They're supposed to look very similar.

Yes, but the Rakshasa is supposed to look a bit more primitive. I seem to recall Cray once mentioning something about Inner Sphere Ferro-Fibrous being more difficult to craft into curved armor (as opposed to flat panels) than the Clan equivalent. Hence, why the Rakshasa is all boxy and lacks the Timber Wolf's shapely lines.

They're similar, but they're also supposed to be a bit different.

#74 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

Well, first, let me reiterate what so many others already have in this thread... I am super-excited to see some updates, can't wait for tomorrow's blog.

Second, I think re-designing the 'Mechs is a fantastic idea, especially if FD is at the helm. Again, I really love what you did with the Jenner, it actually looks as though it could be somewhat intimidating rather than a squishy; I'm no fan of Jenner's, but that one is simply amazing, as are the Atlas and the Hunchie. I have to agree that the Atlas should have a death's head, though, a skull-face; despite that one bit, it is out of this world.

Now, I don't know if the following two 'Mechs are going to make it in or not, the Wolverine and the Catapult, but I would ask you, for the love of all that's holy, to make the Wolverine look like it's supposed to, please? I've never had the opportunity to pilot my favorite 'Mech in the whole of the BattleTech universe and lineage, but if I am able to have that opportunity, I would surely love it if it does look right, please? The Catapult I have also loved, generally because I'm a stand-off missile firing type -the Timberwolf, despite it's superiority in almost every way to the Catapult, is not my old girl-, and I'd love it if that one looked astounding, as well.

Posted Image

#75 Gascogne

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Are there any Mechs that you are scared of rebooting?
Probably the Timber Wolf, I know that if I mess that one up, I will never hear the end of it, and will probably have to try to outrun a few pitchfork wielding mobs.

Should I get my pitchfork ready? :)
I love the Timber Wolf, one of my favorite mechs for sure. :D

#76 Jhereg KnT

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 08 November 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

Well, first, let me reiterate what so many others already have in this thread... I am super-excited to see some updates, can't wait for tomorrow's blog.

Second, I think re-designing the 'Mechs is a fantastic idea, especially if FD is at the helm. Again, I really love what you did with the Jenner, it actually looks as though it could be somewhat intimidating rather than a squishy; I'm no fan of Jenner's, but that one is simply amazing, as are the Atlas and the Hunchie. I have to agree that the Atlas should have a death's head, though, a skull-face; despite that one bit, it is out of this world.

Now, I don't know if the following two 'Mechs are going to make it in or not, the Wolverine and the Catapult, but I would ask you, for the love of all that's holy, to make the Wolverine look like it's supposed to, please? I've never had the opportunity to pilot my favorite 'Mech in the whole of the BattleTech universe and lineage, but if I am able to have that opportunity, I would surely love it if it does look right, please? The Catapult I have also loved, generally because I'm a stand-off missile firing type -the Timberwolf, despite it's superiority in almost every way to the Catapult, is not my old girl-, and I'd love it if that one looked astounding, as well.

Posted Image

You should have played MPBT ... I piloted Wolvies all the time WVR-6M was my favorite.

Edited by Jhereg_KnT, 08 November 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#77 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 November 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

<p>Probably the Timber Wolf, I know that if I mess that one up, I will never hear the end of it, and will probably have to try to outrun a few pitchfork wielding mobs.</p>

We are not running to early? In 3049 there is no Timber Wolf in the Inner Sphere. And until now, as i aware, the game are placed in the Inner Sphere...
So they won't need to put Timber Wolf in the game at least until 3050 (in our time: 2013).

#78 ELHImp

Com Guard

• 1,846 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Did I missed something?

First Wednesday - Developer Blog
We kick off the month with a major reveal about the game and its features. Blogs will take form of written articles or video diaries.

Ok, there allready was first wednesday, but in this november we have five of it at all, and all was clear for me. So I waiting for some details of a game. And now I see this in twitter:

russ_bullock Russ Bullock
Remember to check out the interview tomorrow with our concept artist on mwomercs.com
1 h ago

So, what I need to expect?

Edited by ELH_Imp, 08 November 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#79 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostJhereg_KnT, on 08 November 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

You should have played MPBT ... I piloted Wolvies all the time WVR-6M was my favorite.
I truly regret never having been able to play. From all accounts, MPBT 3025 and Solaris were the best for their time, a truly great deal of fun, and I'm sorry I missed it.

#80 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

If I don't have a pitchfork, is it okay if I bring a torch instead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users