Need Volunteers For Video!

48 replies to this topic

#1 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationThere... No not there. Yeah, over there!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

So... I need help in filming my series titled: MerckWerrier. I'm looking for some mature folks willing and available to drop in a sync'd 8vs8 at around 8-10pm EST.

ADULTS ONLY! Participants must be 18 or older due to adult content, and as this will be posted to YouTube, and I don't want mommies and daddies mad at me...

Preference will be given to dedicated clans/groups that can coordinate and will not grief during filming. Details and dates can be worked out in this thread, if you're interested.

There are no additional speaking parts in this first video, but there are ten other scripts written that will require a few voices if interested and willing.

Please note: Due to the nature of these videos, all players must be willing to sacrifice themselves (mechs), and not be concerned about c-bills, exp, or W/L records. I hope to get this teaser video done in two drops, however more may be required. The rest of the scripts will follow at later dates if all goes well.

In the first spoiler is the script for the teaser vid in question, censored of course to comply with forum rules. The second spoiler is the videos I've made in the meantime as there hasn't been enough support for the larger script(s)... yet.

SCRIPT FOR AD:
Spoiler

Video's so far...
Spoiler

Edited by Hennessey, 02 July 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

The character Lucy is a guy BTW and Rho is a girl... Just in case there was confusion ^

#3 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

As an idea to throw your way and if interested perhaps spending some time to do a parody of the Black Knight scene for Monty Python and presented in a MechWarrior Machinima style could be considered? (Another potential could be the bridge of death scene)

#4 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

LOL! Both would be very funny! I probably should have mentioned that I'm using in-game footage for all of this, and don't have the skills/programs to render and animate effects that might be needed for something like that (or I probably would have already done it XD).

However, if there's a convincing way to do it in game, I'm all for it!

I definitely want to get my original material out there ASAP though. Because once private matches are implemented Mech-Machinema will probably be a dime a dozen to 'coin' a phrase... Ugh... Bad pun. I need to get some sleep!

#5 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Had an idea for a song.

#6 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

LOL!^ I'm surprised that nobody else has offered their services... Nobody interested? Nobody over 18?

#7 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

BLARGH!!! Let's make this happen! Someone has got to have a good group to do this with?

#8 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

bump

#9 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Over 100 people have viewed this thread, and I only need 12 or so people to drop with (on top of who I already have)...

Posted Image

Edited by Hennessey, 20 April 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#10 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I can see about setting up our unit to help you out. At any one time I can get 2-6 people on. I host my own teamspeak server which you can use for this as well.

Most of us don't really care about any of your requirements (CB, XP, KD, WL) as we're just having fun playing the game. Most of us have a decent selection of mechs across classes to provide good variety. All of us are over 18 (although one guy sounds like he's 14 :)).

Edited by CompproB237, 21 April 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#11 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostCompproB237, on 20 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

I can see about setting up our unit to help you out. At any one time I can get 2-6 people on. I host my own teamspeak server which you can use for this as well.

Most of us don't really care about any of your requirements (CB, XP, KD, WL) as we're just having fun playin the game. Most of us have a decent selections of mechs across classes to provide goot variety. All of us are over 18 (although one guy sounds like he's 14 :)).

Sounds great! Not too concerned with mech types, there's nothing hard written into the scripts except for some are "scouts", but that could be a trial mech for all I care.

Did you have a chance to read the script for the teaser in the OP? It's very short compared to the actual episodes (the longest of which will probably be about 15 minutes).

Having to do 8v8, and soon 12v12 drops to get film time is only a temporary requirement until private matches come online, but even then we're going to need other folks to pilot and play bit parts.

Let me know if you want any more details, or send me your TS info in a PM, and I'll get on and chat with ya'll.

Great start! Still need more people! Let me know if you're interested!

#12 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

BTW, I have this whole week off from work, and I'd like to get the first vid edited and posted sometime next week.

#13 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostHennessey, on 20 April 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Sounds great! Not too concerned with mech types, there's nothing hard written into the scripts except for some are "scouts", but that could be a trial mech for all I care.

Did you have a chance to read the script for the teaser in the OP?

I've still got all the mechs I've mastered so it wont be hard for me to fit any needed role. I did read the teaser script and that was part of why I was interested. Most of us are fine with, essentially, being "extras" and want to help you record this. We can at least provide people to fill in holes in the other groups.

EDIT: Oh and my TS info is actually in my team thread. Feel free to hop on. :)

Edited by CompproB237, 20 April 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#14 Trawgy Burninator

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

This is such a fun and funny project to be working on and it will be much easier to do with all the help we can get. we do need the community to help with this and create something much like RvB with mechwarrior.

#15 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

I can understand you want to act out your scripts you dreamed up. It may though, be a good warmup to do something like the Holy Grail bit. It doesn't take many people(minimum 2, more for band and first defeated knight if wanted). It's doable because arms do fly off. It could also be a micro clip on a gag reel as another option.

#16 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostThomas Covenant, on 21 April 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

I can understand you want to act out your scripts you dreamed up. It may though, be a good warmup to do something like the Holy Grail bit. It doesn't take many people(minimum 2, more for band and first defeated knight if wanted). It's doable because arms do fly off. It could also be a micro clip on a gag reel as another option.

Absolutely. We just need to get more volunteers, this would be a good way to warm up and work out the difficulties we discover.

#17 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Your doing the hard word, your the leader.

#18 Hennessey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Up to 258 views. Still need more volunteers. Please note, you don't have to say anything (if you're shy). I just need bodies at this point to lock in an 8v8 match so that I can film!

#19 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

After getting some insight on this project I'm really excited to be a part of it! We could really use more people. Like Hennessey said, you will not need to say anything.

#20 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostNoesis, on 17 April 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

As an idea to throw your way and if interested perhaps spending some time to do a parody of the Black Knight scene for Monty Python and presented in a MechWarrior Machinima style could be considered? (Another potential could be the bridge of death scene)

Can I make a guest appearance as the Black Knight? Can I, can I, can I?

Back to the point, I'd love to help, but I can't guarantee any regular hours around that time unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users