"a Version Of Mechwarrior Online Is Already Installed.

25 replies to this topic

#1 Spacey

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi,

I just uninstalled MWO to reinstall it on another drive, however I get the following error when trying to do so:

"A version of Mechwarrior Online is already installed. Please uninstall any other versions before attempting to use this installer"

0x80070643

I googled around and tried the Microsoft Fixit program suggested however nothing pertaining to MWO was listed at all. Used CCleaner and removed all the registry entries left over. and there now seems to be nothing left on the computer related to MWO, however I still get the error.

Any options? Reformatting seems a bit of a stretch at the moment.

Edited by Spacey, 19 April 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#2 Spacey

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

If anyone else has this same issue I fixed it by finding a single leftover set of keys under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha Games

I deleted this key and its subset and I was then allowed to install once again. Odd that it wasn't picked up by the MS Fixit or CCleaner but all's well that ends well.

#3 BreakTheWind

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks! You just saved me a whole lot of trouble looking through the registry.

#4 PrimeHunterH01

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Is that in the Registry

#5 Jiglipuf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thank you!

#6 DarthBrom

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

I have read all these known issues, and I am still unable to reinstall my version of Mechwarrior Online. During the reinstall, it says that I already have a copy, even though I uninstalled everything properly the first time around before I upgraded my hard drive. Even tried installing the repair tool and I cannot even install that.

#7 L0CUST

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

How do I find this?

#8 Lewshizz

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Where can I find this?

#9 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostStooge3, on 15 June 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

How do I find this?

View PostLewshizz, on 26 July 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Where can I find this?

If you mean where can you find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha Games it will be in your registry. Windows Key + R type regedit. From there HKEY_CURRENT_USER is a top level node in the tree on the left. Careful what you delete in your registry.

#10 2raw4u

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postwarner2, on 26 July 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

If you mean where can you find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha Games it will be in your registry. Windows Key + R type regedit. From there HKEY_CURRENT_USER is a top level node in the tree on the left. Careful what you delete in your registry.

I did the windows key and R when it came up I typed in exactly: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha. but when I hit ok is says Windows cannot find ' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. how do I do it?

#11 LethalRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

If you guys are still having trouble with this process I can put up a video on it. Let me know...

#12 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Post2raw4u, on 15 August 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

I did the windows key and R when it came up I typed in exactly: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha. but when I hit ok is says Windows cannot find ' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. how do I do it?

Windows key + R brings up the run dialog. You type regedit into that and hit OK. That brings up the registry editor. You can navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha Games using the tree on the left.

The fact that you asked this question suggests you're not that computer literate so be careful! You can screw you're computer up with the registry editor. Make sure you're just deleting that one entry if you're having trouble with it being left around. You can import/export (i.e. backup/restore) your registry from within the registry editor so if you're not 100% sure what you're doing you can always do an export first (file >> export).

#13 Eamonn

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationSouthampton, UK.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostSpacey, on 19 April 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

If anyone else has this same issue I fixed it by finding a single leftover set of keys under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha Games

I deleted this key and its subset and I was then allowed to install once again. Odd that it wasn't picked up by the MS Fixit or CCleaner but all's well that ends well.

+1 Worked for me.

#14 Lotan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

didnt work for me ;)

#15 Wolfcub

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Good fix, tyvm. I had a feeling there was some registry hangover.

#16 T0NKA

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

I did the same as above but had to do a bit extra as well.

The log file attached with your error will have 2 registry keys in it at the bottom. I didn't save it but it's along the lines of "registry dependency" {Then a long key of numbers}. Open up your registry and go to Find under edit and search for both those keys and delete them.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piranha Games <-- I deleted the whole folder with subkeys

Next do another search for "Piranha" and delete any keys associated with it. You can tell what the key is for in the right window as it will say MechWarrior Online. Don't delete anything that has C++ or anything else, only MechWarrior stuff.

The last thing is you will need to go to your user profile.
C:\Users\"profile name"\AppData\Local\Package Cache

In this folder there are two more folders with the same name as the registry dependency keys you deleted earlier. Delete both of these folders.

You can now go to Control Panel and uninstall your previous version and install a new copy of MechWarrior Online

#17 Putgore

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostLewshizz, on 26 July 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Where can I find this?

example:
tuneup registry editor ( or other editor) = open registry windows
go HKEY_CURRENT_USER (open it)
go software (open it)
search Piranha Games (delete it)

finish ... installer install and updated :lol:

sorry for ma bad english... hope i have help...:-)

#18 Crazy Billy Joe Bob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

This proves the absolute garbage that PGI put out there. They do not even have the decency to provide the public a clean uninstall of the garbage they installed with the game .. what files to delete, where the would be, what registry edits, nothing, nada.. zip.

Edited by Crazy Billy Joe Bob, 16 October 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#19 Dewey Quinn

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I have checked my registry and my AppData directory. I see no remnants of MWO yet it still gives me the message that the brand new folder I am trying to install into already has stuff in it. I am desperately trying to clear up the ongoing fatal error of "FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read." Using the repair tool failed to clear it up. Reinstalling into a new folder didn't work. Now I have to ignore the warning that I am installing into an occupied directory which I know is not true. I don't have much hope that the problem will be resolved.

EDIT: When I used the "New Folder" button instead of typing the new folder name in the field, it seemed to work. Installing now with no warning.

EDIT 2: No luck. Went through all the CHKDSK checking and prep to be sure my hard drive was perfect (it was) and it took three tries to download without an MD5 error. The same FRead error showed up. And the repair tool shows:

Checking file: game\bumpers.pak
Caught an exception while processing that file (likely corrupted). Marked for repair.
CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted. Expected 0x9624B426, Actual 0xE0BEAA5B

Checking file: game\objects.pak
Caught an exception while processing that file (likely corrupted). Marked for repair.
CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted. Expected 0x1B86D1A0, Actual 0x2ACDE004

Checking file: game\textures.pak
bad read of entry Textures/terrain/details/snow_fluffy_a_dif.dds from compressed archive.

Good grief.

EDIT 3: Played one game on Canyon and it worked okay in default windowed mode. Tried to bump up settings to take advantage of my 7970 graphics card and it failed on Forest Colony Snow. "You know nothing, Forestcolony Snow."

EDIT 4: Even though all memtests came back clean, I replace my RAM and haven't had a problem since.

Edited by Dewey Quinn, 19 October 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#20 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

ccleaner is a program that will help clean our redundant registry entries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users