Clan Wolf Recruitment - Www.clan-Wolf.info

638 replies to this topic

#261 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:30 AM

A new tournament is looming on the horison. I know I am going to fight in it... Are you?

If you are looking for a Clan Wolf lorebased group to drop with, look no further. Why not drop into our Teamspeak, get yourself some Sibko tags and get a feel of how it is?

Edited by Vincent V Kerensky, 20 March 2014 - 01:31 AM.

#262 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

I will be dropping as a warrior of Clan Wolf once I get my clan mechs. I unfortunately inadvertently chose a Clan Coyote bloodname when naming my pilot, but I will change it to something more appropriate as soon as I am able to. I mostly play after 9PM PST, so I will be looking for a group that is active around that time. For now I will be dropping as a Lone Wolf (no pun intended).

#263 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 26 March 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I will be dropping as a warrior of Clan Wolf once I get my clan mechs. I unfortunately inadvertently chose a Clan Coyote bloodname when naming my pilot, but I will change it to something more appropriate as soon as I am able to. I mostly play after 9PM PST, so I will be looking for a group that is active around that time. For now I will be dropping as a Lone Wolf (no pun intended).

Well, we are waiting for you. A potential new warrior is always welcome.

I have lost Jaroth Corbett's list of bloodnames, is Steele a Coyote-exclusive Bloodname? If not, you could just say you have been taken as a Bondsman by Clan Wolf from the Coyotes :lol: And, after all, the Coyotes were allied of the Wolves.

#264 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 March 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

I have lost Jaroth Corbett's list of bloodnames, is Steele a Coyote-exclusive Bloodname? If not, you could just say you have been taken as a Bondsman by Clan Wolf from the Coyotes :lol: And, after all, the Coyotes were allied of the Wolves.

Steele is a Coyote exclusive bloodname according to Sarna, true I could be abtakha.

Edited by Ed Steele, 26 March 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#265 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Abtakha is a honored rite.

#266 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 March 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Abtakha is a honored rite.

And what is to say that I would not win a trial to earn that honor?

#267 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

I mean to say that it is a honor to be abtakha, not that your could not aspire to one, or are one. I was meaning that in a posative note, but I feel you took it as negative, quiaff?

#268 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 March 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Here you go trothkin.

https://www.dropbox....20complete.xlsx

View PostEd Steele, on 26 March 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Steele is a Coyote exclusive bloodname according to Sarna, true I could be abtakha.

Do not rely on Sarna for your lore, but in this case yes, Steele in a Coyote exclusive.

View PostEd Steele, on 26 March 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

And what is to say that I would not win a trial to earn that honor?

You do not win a trial to become abtakha. The Clan Council votes on it or the individual that took you as a bondsman can make the call himself.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 March 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#269 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 26 March 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Heresy,

The Bloodname Steele is one you can rightly be proud of, a history of great deeds and exceptional warriors.

Why else would the Wolves claim you as bonsdman to reinforce their own touman.

Hold your head high mechwarrior, and show the Wolves how a real warrior can fight.

:lol:

EDIT: Besides, Wolf and Coyote go way back together. They BFF :huh:

Edited by Craig Steele, 26 March 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#270 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Indeed. They share Kerensky genes as do us Ghost Bears.

#271 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 26 March 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Indeed. They share Kerensky genes as do us Ghost Bears.

? How so?

#272 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Please elaborate. I thought the wolves guarded the Kerensky genes sacred. I was under the impression only the gene of Andery Kerensky and Dana Kufahl and only Wolf can have the Kerensky as gene mother.

#273 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

True but it still means the Coyotes have warriors with Kerensky genes in them even if they cannot claim the Kerensky Bloodname, as do us Ghost Bears. We did a genetic exchange with the Wolves. Our warriors have the genes of the Founder himself.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 March 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#274 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

I am interested in the source of this information Jaroth. Some small snippet from somewhere, quiaff?

#275 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 26 March 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

True but it still means the Coyotes have warriors with Kerensky genes in them even if they cannot claim the Kerensky Bloodname, as do us Ghost Bears. We did a genetic exchange with the Wolves. Our warriors have the genes of the Founder himself.

I knew the Coyotes and Wolves had some sharing of Kerensky genes (although the Coyotes cannot contest the bloodname) but its the first I heard about the ghost Bears.

In the Warden Clan Source book which is up to 3061 I cannot see Clan Ghost Bear making any claim to Kerensky DNA linkage.

Is it post that? Wars of Reaving or something?

EDIT: I guess the reason I ask is that afaik, Ghost Bear and Wolf are more or less feuding over the whole Wolverine saga, so for about 250 years or so. I don't understand how it could be a consent thing in that background.

Edited by Craig Steele, 26 March 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#276 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Funny you should mention that Craig. It is in fact from the Warden Clan Field Manual, Pg.99 :lol:

Posted Image

Come now Coffi. I did say in the Training Theory manual that "our genetic legacies are constantly sought after by the other Clans because we produce the finest warriors."

Did you think it was just embellishment? :huh:

The Wolves, Coyotes & Ghost Bears all have warriors with Kerensky DNA in them.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 March 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#277 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

I am embarrassed that I forgot about sigma Galaxy' write up. I remember how awesome it was to read about that. It would sound like this Sibko would have been 3020-3035. This is why I not only enjoy Jaroth' friendship, but also respect his knowledge of Battletech Lore.

#278 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 26 March 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Funny you should mention that Craig. It is in fact from the Warden Clan Field Manual, Pg.99 :lol:

Posted Image

Come now Coffi. I did say in the Training Theory manual that "our genetic legacies are constantly sought after by the other Clans because we produce the finest warriors."

Did you think it was just embellishment? :huh:

The Wolves, Coyotes & Ghost Bears all have warriors with Kerensky DNA in them.

Well there you go. I did stop after the history and military section of the Clan expecting something so major would be in those sections but it is quite clearly there in the deployments / toumans.

So in canon, Ghost Bear did have one 'Kerensky' left from a single sibko who failed his Trial of Position and now serves as a Galaxy Commander from an armoured vehicle after being given a second chance at being a warrior. Do Ghost Bears commonly grant a second chance at Warrior?

EDIT, Didn't the Jade Falcons scientists combine Keresky DNA with JF to create all those young warriors that joined the touman after teh refusal war. I remember the book talking about their Clan Wolf physical appearances? They did graduate as mechwarriors if I recall correctly, and fought at Coventry. I wonder how many "Kerensky's" Clan Jade Falcon has?

Edited by Craig Steele, 26 March 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#279 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

We do but not in the same field. For example, Khan Bjorn Jorgensson failed his initial ToP as a mechwarrior but passed his second one as a pilot for the aerospace wing.

Additionally, who is to say we did not make more sibkos with the Kerensky DNA? :lol: It is not like it is a one time deal.

As far as Ed goes, he could be one of the warriors that has Andery Kerensky's DNA in his genetic makeup which would make him an ideal candidate as abtakha for the Wolves. See how it all works out? :huh:

EDIT: Added the Khan's name.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 March 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#280 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 March 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

I mean to say that it is a honor to be abtakha, not that your could not aspire to one, or are one. I was meaning that in a posative note, but I feel you took it as negative, quiaff?

Aff, I misunderstood your intention. If Clan Wolf were to take me as a bondsman and then accept me into their warrior caste, that would indeed make me abtakha. The backstory would be quite interesting, a bloodnamed Clan Coyote warrior taken by Clan Wolf as isorla, yet still respected enough to be allowed into the warrior caste, quiaff?

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 26 March 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

We do but not in the same field. For example, Khan Bjorn Jorgensson failed his initial ToP as a mechwarrior but passed his second one as a pilot for the aerospace wing.

Additionally, who is to say we did not make more sibkos with the Kerensky DNA? :lol: It is not like it is a one time deal.

As far as Ed goes, he could be one of the warriors that has Andery Kerensky's DNA in his genetic makeup which would make him an ideal candidate as abtakha for the Wolves. See how it all works out? :huh:

EDIT: Added the Khan's name.

A Kerensky / Steele sibko?

Edited by Ed Steele, 26 March 2014 - 07:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users