23 replies to this topic

#1 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Anyone know if SLI is coming anytime soon? I was hoping this new patch would add support but it doesn't... and I didn't notice any FPS improvement on my FX-4100 and GTX 550Ti sli.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

It will be announced when it's coming.

There was no announcement yet, so we all know as much as you do.

#3 crimson66

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ugh, I have the exact same SLI card setup as OP and i'd love to run SLI because I know it'll munch it.
I've tried forcing other cryengine games SLI profiles on MWO and it doesnt like it, or makes it worse.
:rolleyes:

#4 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

It's not up to game developers to really support sli and crossfire, amd and nvidia do that stuff in the driver. Both are probably waiting for dx11 before implementing it officially but you might be able to get it sortof working with nvidia inspector if you're up to doing a lot of testing.

#5 crimson66

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostFlapdrol, on 17 February 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

It's not up to game developers to really support sli and crossfire, amd and nvidia do that stuff in the driver. Both are probably waiting for dx11 before implementing it officially but you might be able to get it sortof working with nvidia inspector if you're up to doing a lot of testing.

I had been using inspector and it didnt amount to any performance boost with cryengine based SLI compatibility bits and whatnot.

#6 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postcrimson66, on 17 February 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

I had been using inspector and it didnt amount to any performance boost with cryengine based SLI compatibility bits and whatnot.

k, guess you'll have to wait for official support then. "generic" afr1 or afr2 don't work either?

#7 Silpher K

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

no known combo of any forced compatibility settings or bits work properly for MWO currently.

i have mentioned this in another post, but the closest thing to sli working is using 313.96 beta and crysis3 compat bits.
this will however introduce the infamous black flickering present in a other cryengine games, but those have been patched.
the flickering goes away when using night vision or heat vision. and performance hits a brick wall once battle gets heated up. so while the drivers and engine "work" with sli, whatever the developers have customized or modified with the engine is far from optimized.

this is really upto the game developer to probably patch the game or use a more updated version of the engine.

#8 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Performance hits a brick wall regardless of multigpu scaling, this game is cpu limited in a brawl, unless you run an overclocked ivy bridge with a relatively slow gpu.

#9 Silpher K

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

no, but im running a overclocked ivy with 2x 670s

#10 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostSilpher K, on 18 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

no, but im running a overclocked ivy with 2x 670s

drool, just a Radeon 6870 here want to go 670 this summer

#11 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I just upgraded from a Q9550@3.4Ghz, 8GB RAM and one GTX680 to a 3770K@stock, 1600-32GB-RAM@stock and two GTX680.

With the Q9550 I got at high settings (and shadows on medium, no AA) around 30-60FPS (depending on action).
With the 3770K I get at very high settings (plus all the bells and whistles) around 60-90FPS (depending on action).

The 2nd GTX shouldn't make a big difference at the moment, since SLI is not supported (yet) in this game. Only effect could be that PhysX may be running on the 2nd GTX (but not sure whether that's actually supported by MWO).

Conclusion: This game really seems to be heavy on the CPU. Would never have guessed, because with the Q9550 CPU utilisation rarely exceeded 60-70% (over all cores).

#12 Goodfella SOG

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

With the release of the last "GeForce Experience" optimizer less than a month ago,
which includes settings for MWO... http://www.geforce.c...rience/download

PERHAPS ...SLI support is not too far behind.

#13 roastpuff

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostGoodfella SOG, on 21 February 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

With the release of the last "GeForce Experience" optimizer less than a month ago,
which includes settings for MWO... http://www.geforce.c...rience/download

PERHAPS ...SLI support is not too far behind.

Let's hope so. It's very frustrating to see that the 2nd 560Ti in my rig does not get loaded beyond 5%... meaning that it is pretty much useless!

#14 Dirty Old Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

That is why I am deciding to upgrade to Single GPU card w/dual Core rather than SLI, from what I have seen, its always the SLI version of the game support that gets the bucket everytime........

"Someday, someone has to say Enough !"

#15 roastpuff

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostDirty Old Man, on 26 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

That is why I am deciding to upgrade to Single GPU card w/dual Core rather than SLI, from what I have seen, its always the SLI version of the game support that gets the bucket everytime........

I think that the dual card solutions such as a 690 or 7990 still suffer from the same issue as they are still using a form of SLI. I'm thinking about a single 660Ti or 670 myself. It should run at 1080p quite well.

#16 Silpher K

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostDirty Old Man, on 26 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

View Postroastpuff, on 26 February 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

I think that the dual card solutions such as a 690 or 7990 still suffer from the same issue as they are still using a form of SLI. I'm thinking about a single 660Ti or 670 myself. It should run at 1080p quite well.

this is correct,

a single card dual gpu solution like the 690 or 7990 is literally just sli/cf on 1 board. it still runs the sli/cf configuration and will inherit all the sli/cf issues if the game doesn't support it correctly, same with scaling. even the ARES II is just asus's super custom overclocked version of the 7990 which is a 2x 7970 on 1 board. a 690 is 2x 680 on 1 board.

#17 roastpuff

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostSilpher K, on 27 February 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

this is correct,

a single card dual gpu solution like the 690 or 7990 is literally just sli/cf on 1 board. it still runs the sli/cf configuration and will inherit all the sli/cf issues if the game doesn't support it correctly, same with scaling. even the ARES II is just asus's super custom overclocked version of the 7990 which is a 2x 7970 on 1 board. a 690 is 2x 680 on 1 board.

Therefore the correct solution is the nVidia Titan for the best single-card solution available! :)

#18 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

View Postroastpuff, on 27 February 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Therefore the correct solution is the nVidia Titan for the best single-card solution available! :)

My 560 died today and I am really considering the Titan but I'm not sure if I can justify a grand on a video card. That and no one has them in stock yet which means either no MWO or integrated graphics MWO. Neither choice being very appetizing.

#19 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

View Postsaintchuck, on 27 February 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

My 560 died today and I am really considering the Titan but I'm not sure if I can justify a grand on a video card. That and no one has them in stock yet which means either no MWO or integrated graphics MWO. Neither choice being very appetizing.

I don't know if I would bother with the Titan. It's a very expensive piece, and in 1 1/2 - 2 years or less time a card at $300-400 will perform just as well. Especially now that they are tinkering with multi-gpu's per card and what not.....

Also, for anyone interested in helping the cause for SLI support please contact NVidia as I have and ask for an SLI enhancement request. This is the e-mail I have sent to them, you are more than welcome to copy and paste mind and just change things to your name and rig setup. REMEMBER IF YOU DON'T EMAIL NVIDIA HOW DO THEY KNOW?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom this may concern:

I hope that this will be fowarded to the correct department, specifically whomever handles SLI enhancements for games. As a gamer I have an SLI rig, and although most games run fine, a new popular one that is emerging is Mechwarrior Online, that is being developed by Piranha Games. Currently the game is very heavy on just a single GPU and I can barely stay at a decent playable framerate (25fps min) with my single GTX460 on low graphics at 1920x1080. Alot of other people are having the same issue and concern with the game. There is a huge topic on the Mechwarrior Forums which has recieved over 100 replies for requesting SLI support.

The community is aware that Piranha doesn't handle SLI support for the game, but that NVidia does. By sending this e-mail myself and the community and hoping the great people at NVidia would be nice enough to handle an SLI support enhancement in your upcoming drivers so that we can enjoy this great game even more, and on our NVidia rigs!

Thank you

Chris Schmidt

#20 Biruke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

My SLI GFX 560 Ti set up runs pretty well even without SLI support.

How do I check if only one of them works?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users