228Th Independent Battlemech Regiment

216 replies to this topic

#101 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi ya, just finished up another season of Marik Civil War. If you're looking to get into high level competitive play, then by all means, just on MercStar teamspeak and come meet us.

#102 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

One day I WILL get the killing blow on you B33f... but until then,
Posted Image

#103 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Bump, because theb33f has teh best vids on teh interwebs

#104 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

Guess it's been a bit since we bumped our thread here....

#105 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

We are a real thing now and 4th in the world rankings...woo!

#106 cam135

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Are you still recruiting?

#107 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Always, just have to drop with us and generally work well (Personality wise, gameplay wise for competive play) with our pilots.

#108 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

So, it's the long weekend lets get some mechwarrioring done. If you need a solid competitive team to hang with, during and possibly after look us up on Mercstar's TS. (ts52.gameservers.com:9315/pass: metagame)

Edited by Deadfire, 30 August 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#109 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Our Oceanic/East Asian guys are growing (Up to 7 now!) and looking to be competing in a upcoming Lance tournament.

Now if I could only understand Aussie...

#110 GlizzyGobbler98

LeBoeuf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

Mechwarriors pls.

#111 Grimnar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationQLD, Australia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the games in the HPL last night. Good fun as always and look forward to catching yas on the battlefield o7

#112 mdmzero0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

Are you guys "228" in game? If so then I see you around a lot...

#113 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

View Postmdmzero0, on 04 October 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Are you guys "228" in game? If so then I see you around a lot...

Yea we are..... course this is why we don't reply in our threads, we are in game, playing the game :P

#114 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

I want a rematch of last night's Crimson match. Except where TheB33f doesn't explode so fast. Seriously, that was one of the best matches I've had in terms of tension and a feeling of this could go either way at any moment. I miss fights like that so much.

Good game guys.

#115 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 10 October 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

I want a rematch of last night's Crimson match. Except where TheB33f doesn't explode so fast. Seriously, that was one of the best matches I've had in terms of tension and a feeling of this could go either way at any moment. I miss fights like that so much.

Good game guys.

We can not confirm (yet) the existence of PGI's safeguards on TheB33f's 'Mechs at this time. They seem to only activate when his 'Mech is about to explode when he does epic things. We have written many support tickets with the hash tag #PGIPLS and/or #shitsbrokeyo. They've been met with answers of "Only TheB33f can kill the TheB33f, we had to balance it."

We call it the #B33fspiracy....

Edited by Deadfire, 12 October 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#116 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

October is getting colder (or warmer to our Aussie members). Warm up with some Competitive matches!

228th is always recruiting pilots that are wish to join a unit that at it's core, a family that plays as a team. This why we ask people to play with our members before joining, and expect members to be as social as possible without the need to be invited or asked. I also ask you bring with you a drive to commit and strive toward your own goals. 228th gives you the environment, tools, and experience, but it will not give you what you don't ask for or show you need. It is because of this that our unit has grown and retained our membership.

You can always find us on the MercStar TS3 (ts52.gameservers.com:9315 | PW metagame)
and our website: http://www.228ibr.com/

Edited by Deadfire, 20 October 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#117 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

Once a part of the old Star League, the 228th found themselves as a dying breed in the Inner Sphere. With no true cause to believe in and no path to follow in reforging the Star League, the 228th had to resort to hiring out their services. It was on one of these missions the 228th first met, fought, and were defeated by the clans.

Impressed with their battle prowess ROM placed the remaining 228th into their ground-based special forces unit Blake’s Wrath. There the 228th received training in piloting, conventional warfare, intelligence work, and unorthodox combat, whom answer only and directly to the Primus. The 228th have found new strength, a cause to fight for, and the fires of revenge on their mind. We the 228th, will push back Kerensky’s bastardization of our ideals called ‘Clans’ from our homes, and out of the Inner Sphere.

The 228th is founded by people that wanted to create a unique competitive group for people to have fun with. Employing the experience gained from the formation of past units in many other games, the 228th represents what an Competitive MWO unit should be about: teamwork, fun, and shooting big stompy robots.

#118 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

It's been awhile since we bumpped and updated this thread. Truth is we are playing and having fun too much to even remember we should!

228th finished up the ToP in MCW going 4-0, we will be representing DCMS with The Forsaken Few and Night Watch. Wish us luck as we pursue Victory in one of the biggest campaigns in MWO

#119 Iceman486

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFlorence

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

[Redacted] Oh and im generally on NGNG ts regularly. COme find me in the KFC channel or Teamspeak Tuesday.

Edited by John Wolf, 20 November 2014 - 07:44 AM.
Unconstructive

#120 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hello Mechwarriors,

Just stepping in here since the previous post got seriously out of hand.

Everyone, please.. remember that you are a community of people and that its fine to disagree with anyone you have to be constructive. Posts which insult others are against the TOS and not what we want on the forums or in the community. Be fair to each other, if you don't have a constructive post about the topic, don't turn it into an insult against other players.

Anyone who can't follow the rules will be moderated.

Lets be better than we have been.. I shouldn't have to redact 95% of a post to make it worth keeping.

Any questions, feel free to drop me a line.

John Wolf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users