Oceanic based servers

163 replies to this topic

#1 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hello,

As a Oceanic based player (Australia) i would like to ask if it is possible to have a server or two within the Oceanic region.

I am a officer in a large clan of FPS / MMO players who regularly hire servers for such games as the battlefield series etc. Our clan has members located in Australia, New Zealand, Japan.

We would like the opportunity to play on server that is ping / lag friendly to us and we are very keen to prove our clans ability to wreck havoc in the Mecwarrior Universe

In Service

Q

#2 lichbane

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

+1 ... even if it is a little early to say so.

#3 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

+1

#4 UncleKulikov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

I don't see why not.

Having a broad net of servers would encourage community growth around the globe and bring different communities together under the umbrella of incredible mechs beating the snot out of each other.

And lag would kill this kind of game for those customers, additional servers are the way to go.

#5 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the bump's guys. hopefully some more Oceanic boyz and girlz will add their voice.

Q

#6 Draco Argentum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

This +1000000

Shooters are unplayable with 200ms lag and I'd be very lucky to get even that to a US server.

#7 Dunwich Child

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

I used to play on US servers in MW4: Mercenaries and the game was still quite playable at 250 ping. That being said, lag is still lag so count me in. Oceanic servers please!

#8 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

View PostDunwich Child, on 10 November 2011 - 01:30 AM, said:

I used to play on US servers in MW4: Mercenaries and the game was still quite playable at 250 ping. That being said, lag is still lag so count me in. Oceanic servers please!

I found playing wot was ok but there were issues with lag which at the least is annoying. When i play MMO's based in the US i have to pay for a tunnel service to stay competive in PVP etc.

#9 Boagsy007

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTasmania

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

+1 NBT had a fairly big contingent of aussie players,including me.
I am now a member of a clan that also hires servers for the more popular games [if they can be]
though i will [not] miss "lag shooting" cause it gives great pleasure hitting empty space :)

#10 anglomanii

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Location=]DI[= Brisbane Australia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

yeah have to agree, lag is what killed WoT in my clan, started out with 20+ players now down to 4, nobody is willing to play a game that does not provide decent pings to it's player base and requires reliative low laytency be competitive in game... to ask people to pay for a game, even if its F2P and then not provide the servers is throwing dirt in the overseas gamers face. there has to be some way of intergrating local servers into the overall game system.

#11 Choronzon

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

Another Aussie here.

#12 Webclaw

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Waikato, New Zealand

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

+1

#13 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:10 AM

If technically viable with the hosting solution PGI has in mind, totally +1! Might depend on how big MWO grows though, if continental server dispersion would be worth it. Wouldn't expect it right at launch probably.

Considering how shafted downunder and NZ get with many other games, serious potential there for MWO if they offer better access.

Edited by Dlardrageth, 17 January 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#14 Nav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

Yes, I defintely add to this motion. I guess its been on all our minds down under, if we would be catered for.

After making plans and organising teams aorund MWO, it would be a shame, at the end of the day to be let down by lag.

I would even request at least one to be available at launch if at all possible. Please... :)

#15 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, put 'em together with the Koreans! :)

#16 Hellinabarrel

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPerth Western Australia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostDlardrageth, on 17 January 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

If technically viable with the hosting solution PGI has in mind, totally +1! Might depend on how big MWO grows though, if continental server dispersion would be worth it. Wouldn't expect it right at launch probably.

Considering how shafted downunder and NZ get with many other games, serious potential there for MWO if they offer better access.

if it doesnt happen at launch it may as well not happen at all.

no-ones going to want to spend all that time leveling a character then have to start again on a new server from zero.

WOT is losing soo many players from oceania they obvously don't need the money and/or don't care about the player base.

#17 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

A please yes from me too. Dev must see MWO as a potential global contender in the mmo world and MWO has every right to be! :) Yes to support for players outside North America.

#18 Alexander Becker

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Another australian here, so it definitly got my support.
I hope they are going to care about the oceanic players unlike WOT, 400 ping is not fun.

Edited by Alexander Becker, 11 February 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#19 Dimmizer

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'll support this because I don't want the US West servers being flooded with Asia/Other parts of Europe people who can't speak English. I don't have anything aginst them or anything it just sucks when your trying to communicate with someone and you can't understand a word they are saying.

If MWO is gonna be an MMO then it would be good to be able to communicate with people but can't really do that if they don't speak your language so with that I feel it'd be best to make an Oceanic Realm or servers.

#20 autogyro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

I don't mind if it's not implemented right away, but at least please give us the option to free-transfer to the oceanic server once it's ready without needing to start a new account, thanks :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users