• LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

+1 Qman :ph34r:

#42 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

i posted this, may be useful as a tool to show our numbers http://mwomercs.com/...-aussie-aussie/

#43 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

After playing on the new swtor aussie based servers i can really notice the difference in game play. WOT i get around 200ms which is not to bad but still its not the 12ms i dream off :ph34r:

#44 Black Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

I would love an Aussie server too but remember, even SWTOR did not have Oceanic servers at launch and they have one of the biggest publishers backing them up.

#45 Lance2500

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Yeah an Aussie server or two would be great.

#46 Krammer

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

+1
Posted Image

Edited by Krammer, 04 March 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#47 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

I positively support this! Many hardcore BattleTech fans and groups are actually from outside of the US and the biggest problem playing with them is finding a server that's somewhat central to both groups. Oceanic servers are absoultely great for a large portion of them.

#48 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for the support guys. keep it up!

if worse comes to worse i will just have to use a tunnel service. have in the past for many games, DOAC, WoW, DCUO, RIFT etc dont like haveing to but if you want to be competivie in pvp then its the only way.

WoT is not to bad at 200ms but i cannot count how many times i got frag due to a lat spike...yeah that's it...i blame lag >.> not skill <.< :)

#49 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

WoT is quite a slow game with very good net code where +200ms doesn't make any great difference.

MWO seems like it will be quite a bit faster, so as an Australian I fully support Australian or Asian servers.

#50 Das Wudone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

+1 i support having oceanic servers as well. lag is a game killer and i know a TON of people in my region who still play mechwarrior just to ease their nostalgia. :)

Edited by Das Wudone, 05 March 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#51 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

I don't think the player base will be big enough to allow a split into different regions.

#52 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

I'm from hawaii and this would be super helpful lag wise for me.

#53 Alexander Becker

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

+1 From me, let's hope the devs will think of us from down under.

#54 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

I see no reason to split the populations. Merely make the individual matches (rather than the metagame) pick a server that is optimal for the majority of players involved in the drop itself.

That's how Left 4 Dead, for example, works. You can end up on an overseas server or vice versa, but it at least allows people to play with each other, even if it's not optimal. Some of the best guys I've played with in previous MechWarrior games have been German, Russian, British, etc. and I'd hate to lose the ability to play with them.

#55 Alexander Becker

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well I would rather have less people to play with and have 20-50 ping than 300-400 ping just to be able to play with america and europe.
MW is a mostly fast paced game so ping and lag is a big factor in gameplay value.

#56 Knoxville

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

The only problem I can see is that Merc matches when fighting for control of a planet will likely require a fight with players spanning continents. So in the end your most important match might still be played on a US server. That aside, I vote for a match server in Singapore: fantastic IT infrastructure, English as primary language, good connections to the rest of Southeast Asia and Oceania... what's not to love about throwing a server in Singapore? ;-)

#57 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostAlexander Becker, on 06 March 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Well I would rather have less people to play with and have 20-50 ping than 300-400 ping just to be able to play with america and europe.
MW is a mostly fast paced game so ping and lag is a big factor in gameplay value.

Unless your privy to information the rest of us are not, that may not be the case for MWO (the fast paced bit).

#58 Alexander Becker

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostDV^McKenna, on 07 March 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Unless your privy to information the rest of us are not, that may not be the case for MWO (the fast paced bit).

By fast paced I don't mean CoD fast, however I do think mechs running around and shooting as fast as in previous MW games that the game can be considered quiet "fast".

#59 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

+1 Another Hawaii player here. Been playing Tribes: Ascend and the oceanic servers have been treating me nicer then the west coasts. If T:A can have server choice as a easily changeable option in settings, then why not MWO? Both are F2P, team based, instanced matches. MWO has the metagame above that, so that could be an issue if the metagame is not global.

#60 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Just allow folks which server to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users