[Achievements] Idea List For Possible Achievements

48 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you like these achievement ideas? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you like these achievement ideas?

1. I love your suggestions. I hope PGI will add some of these! (55 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. I don´t need achievements in MWO (10 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostBlacKcuD, on 29 August 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

I have read your post, and I like it. However, the concept you describe are not achievements as they are known to the online audience. Your suggestions are more like match rewards or prizes. I enjoy both concepts and yes, regular achievements are forgotten after a while, but if there is a way to see the top achievers it introduces a new layer of competition. Match rewards are forgotten even faster, because after the match is over, nobody cares anymore.

The best solution (in my books) would be to have both and possibly even add achievements which are something like "Be the MVP 50 times".

actually the one i posted wasn't originally mine. i just posted in it and supported it, but i wouldn't be against having long term achievements that take a while to earn or are only earned once, but i would like to have sets of achievements that can be earned repeatedly and possibly used to represent player skills more in depth than the simple KD WL numbers we have now.

#22 xXButcherBlackXx

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Before the Bell: Killing a target right before time runs out or a cap is completed.
No Pressure: Getting a headshot on an engaging target while your head or torso is critically damaged.
Have at 'em Boys: Legging a light mech from over 500m away

#23 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Achievements are for WoW and Xbox.

Yes, I know. I'm one of 'those' people. I'm old enough to have the privelege, now go away.

:)

#24 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostRandomLurker, on 10 September 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Achievements are for WoW and Xbox.

Yes, I know. I'm one of 'those' people. I'm old enough to have the privelege, now go away.

B)

Like a friend of mine used to say: the funny thing about achievements is that when you get one you actually achieved nothing :)

I like the idea though. It gives dedicated players something to work on. You have a ton of "bars" to fill up and that is what keeps many people going. It would certainly increase the duration that people stick with the game. On the other hand, if you don't like achievements, you don't need to do them. Simple as that. Everybody is happy :rolleyes:

#25 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think achievements would really help players to push themselves to try different things and go outside of their zone of comfort and perhaps discover more about the game than they would have otherwise. It's a great way to encourage players to explore the game.

Some achievements could give standard GXP, some 'Mech XP and some even MC rewards. Since each achievement can only be unlocked once, I don't see how people would abuse it to grind faster.

+1

#26 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Run Hot or Die - stay above 80% heat for 5 mins

It'll buff off - Finish a match with no armor remaining

#27 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostKaspirikay, on 11 September 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Run Hot or Die - stay above 80% heat for 5 mins

I like that one :rolleyes:

#28 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Bump

#29 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

Caught a Fly With Chopsticks - Head-shot a flying spider traveling 120kph+ with an AC/20

Grants a new cockpit statue: Spider missing its head and a large chunk of upper torso

Edited by KING PINEAPYULA, 17 September 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#30 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostKING PINEAPYULA, on 17 September 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

Caught a Fly With Chopsticks - Head-shot a flying spider traveling 120kph+ with an AC/20

Grants a new cockpit statue: Spider missing its head and a large chock of upper torso

You call an AC/20 "chopsticks"? More like a bazooka lol!

#31 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostTweaks, on 17 September 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

You call an AC/20 "chopsticks"? More like a bazooka lol!

An AC/20 has a hellava lot more bang than a bazooka.

Edited by KING PINEAPYULA, 17 September 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#32 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostKING PINEAPYULA, on 17 September 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

I know the reference, but the weapon is the wrong one. If you want to compare something with chopsticks, it'd be more like an AC/2, not an AC/20... The idea is good though!

#33 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostTweaks, on 17 September 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

I know the reference, but the weapon is the wrong one. If you want to compare something with chopsticks, it'd be more like an AC/2, not an AC/20... The idea is good though!

How about we call it:

HOLY F***N' S*** HOW THE H*** DID I DO THAT!!! - Head-shot a flying spider traveling 120kph+ with an AC/20

#34 LiegeOfThePit

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

One shot, two kills- Kill two mechs with a Gauss rifle

Desperate- Kill a mech by alpha striking, but overheat in the process

Speed run- Kill a mech while going over 129 kph

Marksmanship- Kill a mech going over 129 kph that's at least 180m away with a ballistic weapon

It goes Boom!- Kill two mechs by critically hitting their ammo in one round

Hope you like these ideas!

#35 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

HOT! HOT! HOT! - Kill an enemy Mech with an energy weapon while your heat is above 110% in override shutdown.

#36 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Nice, going to add some of these.

#37 Shrike ski

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 44 posts
  • LocationColumbus Ohio

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Cant touch this: Score 5 kills in a single match without armour breach in any location.
Up and comer: Do over 1000 points of damage in a single match.
Really guys!!!: do over 700 points of damage and not get a single kill.
Lone Wolf: Kill at least 2 enemy mechs without any assistance.
Numbers monkey: Kill any 10 pilotless mechs due to disconnect (must have been disconnected at least 10 seconds): level 1 -10%cbills ect ect.
Lacks commitment: get 12 assists in a single match.

#38 Shrike ski

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 44 posts
  • LocationColumbus Ohio

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

bump

#39 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Duck Hunt: Kill a mech that is airborn with an LB-X class Autocannon.

Chewed Clean Through: Destroy the center torso of a 'mech that has lost both arms and both side torsos by way of shooting it in the side torso.

Exploding Pants: Kill any 'Mech with Ballistic slots in multiple locations by detonating ammo stored in its leg(s).

No, I Am Spartacus: Destroy a champion 'Mech while piloting the non-champion version of the same variant of the same chassis.

Chocolate Rain: Destroy a 'Mech's center torso via rain of LRM-5s.

Go Away, Killroy: Destroy a 'Mech by shooting it at the very top of its hitbox (preferably while it is hiding behind something).

Volvo Hood of Doom: Win ten consecutive matches in a Dragon without losing your CT.

No, This Is Awesome: Win ten consecutive matches in an Awesome without losing your CT.

Kerensky Would Be Proud: Win at least one match in each C-bill purchasable Orion without taking any damage.

My Name Is Alexander: Win four matches in the Protector without taking any damage.

Swarmed: Achieve at least four kills in one match while piloting an LCT.

I Hate Umbrellas: Use a Beagle Active Probe to lock an ECM-equipped 'mech that is undamaged and retain that lock until the 'mech is destroyed.

Redline Pilot: Achieve at least three kills in one match while at over 100% heat with Override engaged.

So Shiny: Spend at least 50% of a match on Terra Therma in heat-vision and win.

Tokyo Grandfathers Like it Hot: Get at least twelve kills in one day while inside a central volcano (Terra Therma and Caustic Valley are the maps with central volcanos.)

You Sunk My Battleship: Have achieved at least one kill while in each fully-water square of each map with water (Crimson Strait, River City, Forest Colony, Forest Colony Snow).

Hollander Sauce: Win at least one game while piloting a 'mech whose only armament is a Gauss Rifle.

It Means 'Lightning War': Win at least one game while piloting a 'mech whose only armament is some form of AC/20.

Hot Sauce: Kill a 'mech by shooting it in an underwater location with an energy weapon.

Too Hot to Handle: Keep a 'mech at 90% (or more) heat for 10 seconds continuous by way of flamer.

Boomstick: Accomplish a kill by firing two LB-X class autocannon simultaneously.

Strange Advantage: Achieve a kill via a missile rack in a location with too few tubes to launch all the missiles from it simultaneously.

Slow and Steady: Participate in the capture of the enemy base in an Assault match while piloting a 'mech with a top speed (after speed tweak) under 60 KPH.

Red Bubbly Water: Lose both your legs to lava damage.

Faceplant: Die from falling damage.

Supreme Faceplant: Die from falling and detonating your own ammo in a leg bin.

Yes Sir!: Get four kills in one match in a COM.

Slap Happy: Win a match in a Blackjack with an AC/20 with no ammo remaining.

Zot: At least twice in one match, have temporarily disabled an enemy 'mech's ECM with your PPC or ERPPC and have that 'mech die before ECM comes back online.

Can't Hide From Me: Spend at least 90% of a match with your ECM turned to Counter and win.

Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost: Score at least four kills by AC/2 damage in a match while using three AC/2s.

Fastest Draw in the West: Score the first damage in a match while piloting a Quickdraw.

Enter the Dragon: Score the most kills in a match while piloting a Dragon.

Atlas Shrugged: Kill someone with collision damage while piloting an AS7.

Victorious!: Survive and win a match where all players alive at the end of the match are piloting Victors.

Steiner Scout Lance: Participate in a match where you and at least three others on your side are piloting Atlases and one of the Atlas pilots was the first to lock an enemy target.

Kurita Forever: Participate in a match where you and at least three others on your side are piloting some combination of Jenners and Dragons and all pilots in Jenners or Dragons survive the match.

The Master: Be the last person standing in a match while piloting a BLR.

Master of Disaster: Deal the most damage in a match while piloting a BLR.

Bolt From The Blue: Kill an enemy who has dealt no damage to you, while you were piloting a Thunderbolt.

Ever Spinning: Kill an enemy on whom you have damaged all front locations while piloting a Cataphract.

Front And Center: Survive a match in a Cataphract with no armor remaining on your Center Torso front facing.

Laughingstock: Win a match in a Catapult with only energy weapons.

Legend Cat: Win a match in a Catapult without taking any Center Torso front facing damage.

Hunter From Afar: Win a match in a Jaegermech without being hit by any weapons whose optimal range is less than 700m and while scoring at least one kill.

You Thought Wrong: Survive a match in a Jaegermech while missing at least one side torso at the end of the match.

Shad Attack: Score at least one kill while midair in a Shadowhawk.

Gun Slinger: Score at least one kill with a Quickdraw's arm weapon and be without that arm weapon at the end of the same match.

Slender Man: Win a match while missing both side torsos in a Shadowhawk.

Golden: Win a match in a Kintaro with at least 3 kills while taking no damage.

Dedicated: Kill at least three enemy light 'mechs in one match while piloting a Kintaro.

Trench Hunch: Win a match while piloting a Trebuchet with an AC/20.

Catch the Wind: Launch over 300 damage by LRM in one match while piloting a Trebuchet.

Stealth Hunch: Score at least two kills in one match in a Hunchback while only taking damage to your Right Torso.

Sway To Go: Score over 600 damage in one match with a HBK-4SP.

Hunch With Punch: Score at least five kills in one match with an AC/20 mounted in a Hunchback.

Braaaaaains: Score two kills in one match with a Centurion while missing both side torsos.

Where's My Shield?: Win a match in a Centurion while missing only your Left Arm section.

Roman Infantry: Win a match where your side includes at least ten Centurions.

Surprisingly Durable: Win a match in a Blackjack while missing a side torso.

You Scratch My Blackjack...: Score at least one kill by rear damage while piloting a Blackjack and end the same match while missing all rear armor from at least one torso location.

Super Locust: Kill two Locusts in one match while piloting a Cicada.

Ninja Beetle: Kill two enemies who have not locked you as a target in the same match while piloting a Cicada.

Nevermore: Score the most kills in a match while piloting a Raven.

Obsolete: Win and survive to the end of a match while piloting a Raven 2X.

Dead Bird: Die within 4 seconds of killing an enemy while piloting a Raven.

For Sarah: Win a match with at least 2 kills while piloting a Jenner that has no jump jets and at least one Streak missile rack.

Extreme Close-Up: Score at least two kills in one match with a Jenner by way of Small Pulse Laser damage.

They Said It Couldn't Be Done: Score three kills in one match and win the same match while piloting a Jenner with a Large Laser or PPC installed.

Does What Only a Spider Can: Survive at less than 30% while piloting a Spider.

Catches Thieves: Score at least two defensive kills in one match while piloting a Spider.

Bug Zapper: Kill at least two Locusts, Cicadas, or enemy Spiders in the same match while piloting a Spider.

No-Fly Zone: Kill at least three enemy 'Mechs that are in midair in the same match.

Nose Bled: Kill at least three enemy 'Mechs in one match with torso weapons while piloting a Stalker.

Obscenity: Score the most damage in a match while piloting a Stalker.

Backwards: While piloting a 'mech typically mounted with machineguns in a location, score the most kills or damage in the match while using autocannon in the same location (most relevant to Raven 4X, Battlemaster, Thunderbolt, etc.)

Top of the World: Stand at the highest point of a map (central volcano spires on Terra Therma, top of the central mountain in Crimson Strait, top of the Citadel in River City, etc.).

King of the Hill: Achieve 'Top of the World' on every map available before Community Warfare's release.

Ankle Biter: Score at least two kills by legging while piloting a Light 'mech.

Unarmed: Score at least two kills in the same match after losing your only remaining arm.

Unknown Soldier: End a match without ever having been target-locked by an enemy pilot.

Mystery Meat: Be killed by loss of Center Torso such that your after-match paper doll includes only one leg and the head of your 'mech.

Half-Pint: Survive a match in which you have scored at least two kills but also lost one side torso.

Just Won't Die: Survive a match with 5 points or less of internal structure in your Center Torso.

Barrel Roll: Survive a match with no armor on your torso or arms at all, but all locations still present.

World's Biggest Cane: Survive and win a match in an Atlas with one leg missing.

Not In The Face: Survive and win a match with no armor left on your head.

It's All Right: Survive and win at least three matches while missing your left torso and left leg.

I Can't Hear You Over How Awesome I Am: Win at least one match with no damage to your 'mech while piloting each C-bill purchasable Awesome variant.

Death From Above: Score at least three kills in one match while -you- are airborne.

Lead Shoes: Win a match in which you scored at least one kill but did not leave the square you started the match in.

Made For Walkin': Win a match in which you entered the capture zone for the enemy starting point and subsequently entered the capture zone in your starting point.

Dubstep: Score at least three kills in one match with a Heavy or Assault 'mech armed entirely with Pulse Lasers.

ERmageddon: Score at least six kills in one match while piloting a 'mech armed entirely with ER lasers and/or ER PPC's.

ERmagerd: Score at least three kills in one match while piloting a 'mech armed entirely with ER weapons.

Ultra is Super: Score at least six kills in one match while piloting a 'mech armed exclusively with Ultra-class autocannon.

Papercuts: Score 1000 hits on enemy 'mechs with Small Lasers and deal 3000 damage with Small Lasers.

Long Jump: Span at least 60 meters horizontally with a single jump.

Hi Mom: Have 10 dead people from your team observe through you simultaneously.

#40 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Friend in Me: Score assists on all kills made by the same ally in a game where that ally scores at least six kills.

They Call Me Mr. Pig: Score the first damage in a match while piloting a Boar's Head and survive to the end of the match.

Tiny: Win and survive a match while piloting an Atlas that has none of the following weapons equipped: AC/20 (any kind), Gauss Rifle, Large Laser (any kind), PPC (any kind), LRM-20, SRM-6 (any kind), MRM-40 (any kind).

Zeus' Little Helper: While piloting a Thunderbolt, score the second-most kills in a match where someone piloting a ZEU chassis scores the most kills.

Greased Lightning: While piloting a Thunderbolt, score the first damage in a match and survive while using the largest engine rating available to that variant.

Thunderstruck: Score a kill via collision damage while driving a Thunderbolt.

Healing Factor: Survive a match in a Wolverine while at 20% or lower.

Strongest Animal: Kill a 100-ton 'mech that only you have damaged while piloting a Wolverine.

Majestic: Score the most damage in a match while piloting a Griffon.

Brave: Score a kill in a Griffon while at 30% or lower.

You're a Wizard: Score at least seven kills in one match while piloting a Griffon.

Bub: Score over 1000 damage in one match while piloting a Wolverine.

Overbalanced: Win a match and score at least five kills with a 'mech that has no weapons in one arm, no weapons in the corresponding side torso, no weapons in the corresponding leg, no weapons in the head, and no weapons in the center torso.

Boot to the Head: Destroy an enemy 'mech via collision damage to the head caused by Death From Above or standing on it.

Boo!: Score at least three kills in one match on enemy 'mechs that have not locked target on you.

I See Everything: Win a match in which you have locked target on all enemy 'mechs.

Tonsure: Behead at least four 'mechs in one match.

Like Chicken Tonight: Destroy at least one leg each on four 'chicken walker' type 'mechs in the same match. (Current 'chicken walkers' are Locust, Raven, Cicada, Catapult, Cataphract.)

Marauding: Score at least one kill each with an AC/5 and two standard PPCs in the same match.

Venomous: Score four or more kills in one match with an SDR chassis that has only Medium Pulse Lasers for armament. (especially relevant when the Venom comes along)

The following achievements are all themed after Notable Mechwarriors from the original 3025 Technical Readout.

Dance Baby Dance: Avoid damage from at least three volleys of missiles fired while locked on to you while you are piloting an Awesome. (It's what Danielle and the Pretty Baby became famous for, after all.)

Banger Mash: Score a total of 56 kills in an Awesome while in a team that includes at least three other Awesomes.

Sylvan Phoenix: Win and survive at least ten matches in the same Orion chassis while at 50% or less.

Dan Ingram Seal of Approval: Win at least five matches in the same Jaegermech chassis with only one leg functional while under the Lone Wolf banner.

Abermann's Grace: Win five consecutive matches in the same Catapult where you jumped in all five matches and did not ever overheat.

Ivy IV-Four: Score thirty kills while piloting the same Quickdraw against enemy pilots who were only damaged by you during the relevant match.

Orator's Wisdom: Score four or more Savior Kills in a Dragon in the same match.

Argust Winner: Score top damage in five matches where you were the first to lock an enemy target while piloting a Wolverine.

Dead Head Instructor: Win at least two matches where you and an enemy in a 100-ton assault 'mech were the only ones to damage each other.

Dropkick Brigade: Survive at least twelve matches in a Griffin where you dealt collision damage to enemy 'mechs while you were in midair.

Hold a Candle: Kill a Thunderbolt that only you have dealt damage to while piloting a Trebuchet.

Head In The Clouds: Score 22 kills and take head damage at least once in 30 consecutive matches while piloting a Hunchback.

Grimm Tidings: Kill 20 Heavy 'mechs in one day while piloting the same Centurion.

Swift Arrow: Score the most damage in a match as the only pilot in the match using a Blackjack.

John2: Score at least two kills per match in ten matches in one day while piloting a Cicada.

Cat's Grace: Survive at least two matches in one day while piloting a Jenner at 40% or less.

Silver Spider: Win at least two matches in one day while piloting a Spider and scoring at least one kill per match, but never manually targeting an enemy.

Underwater Miladue: Score two kills in one day while piloting a Commando and at least partially submerged in water.

McPhearson Siblings: Score four or more kills in one match while piloting a Locust.

Tammie Wins: Score three light 'mech kills in one match while piloting a Victor.

Circling Circi: Win at least four matches in a Battlemaster with head damage.

Elliot Smash: Win at least four matches in a Stalker that has taken damage to all four limbs, all three front torsos, and all three rear torsos.

Vasily Oversized: Win four matches in an Atlas without consuming any ammunition.

Swift Sarton: Win a match and survive alone with at least five kills while piloting a Thunderbolt.

Edited by Elli Gujar, 11 November 2013 - 07:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users