88 replies to this topic

#1 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Update! Look at the last page. Had some issues, overcame them, decided to rewrite (or mostly reorder) the Hunchback chassis introduction script. Going to choose the best voice out of several or if there's a few good ones, I may have the chassis introductions done by different people for a bit of diversity. Maybe one to do the chassis basics and lore introductions and another to do the variant-specific details.

Rewrite of the Hunchback introduction is available here.

Thank you all, and I'm sorry for the delays. Been a lot on my plate. Some long standing issues with MWO's balancing are finally getting to me and my awesome triple AC/2 hunchback is now nerfed into the ground. :lol: My favorite Hunchback setup is now forced into being a cheese meta without the macros to weaken it while giving it gloriously awesome Dakka. That makes it worthless to me.

View PostKoniving, on 03 July 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

It would seem the order is thusly decided:
Centurion will follow the Hunchbacks, then the Awesomes, and in an undetermined order the Atlas, Cataphract, and Catapult will be after them. By then I'll know how liked or unliked the series is and may hold up another vote for order.

In the meantime, I'm currently uploading a bunch of videos so if you'd like to take a break from the PPC meta then perhaps the fun in my vids using a plethora of non-PPC weaponry, please check out my recent ones.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Koniving

Oh and btw thank you Zeprome for counting them up for me.

Founders stand tall; though you are gathering dust and you look awful in the mechbay, you still look proud on the battlefield.
Posted Image

The Golden Boy is out. Despite advertised as a brawler, it works much better as an LRM mech.
The rest of the Kintaros are nearly 18 kph faster than the fastest possible Golden Boy. Use them as brawlers instead.
Spoiler

Heavy Metal looks pretty good, when it isn't pink.
Posted Image

Interesting fact: Trial mechs use Camo Green; purchased mechs use Basic Green as shown below.

View PostWolfmech, on 03 July 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

CAT FIGHT
Spoiler

And for an update: Either I have the voice over by Friday or I find another solution; either way the first Hunchback chassis introduction goes up Saturday (Monday latest).

In the meantime, lo' and behold what greeted me when I first did this patch:
Posted Image

View PostSparks Murphey, on 01 July 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Long story short, much of the Draconis March of the Federated Suns probably has boogeymen stories they scare their kids with of a black and red Jenner murdering innocent people.

I think it found me! Can't wait to try and work on a mixed home animated and MWO-made video of the Jenner terrorizing a city for the Jenner's info and history.
----------------
Spoils for older home posts.
Spoiler

Ideas and such are welcome, too.

Btw, thank you for reading this wall and for your time.

Edited by Koniving, 09 August 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#2 Barghest Whelp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationIn a loophole

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

First the Cataphract! It has a nice backstory to it. Then do the Orio... oh wait. Yeah, never mind. Do the Awesome after the Phract.

#3 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'd really love to see something on the Atlas. It seems kinda' cliche, but it's a really big part of IS stuff, and being an IS pilot, I love it. Aside from the fact that it would just be great to hear a briefing on how badly you'll need your brown pants if you get caught alone in a tight space with one.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostBarghest Whelp, on 23 June 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

First the Cataphract! It has a nice backstory to it. Then do the Orio... oh wait. Yeah, never mind. Do the Awesome after the Phract.

I'm gonna be choosing based on how many say which, of course.

I can write it up for the Orion but I can't tell ya jack or do the video until it's out for footage and we've had some experience with it. So it's better if I wait, yeah.

Btw.
Posted Image
Awesomes are awesome. (9M's 3 mechs down the line. Shot's a little old too.)

Speaking of which I once got this video of 6 spiders completely annihilating an entire team of heavies, mediums and assaults with a stationary rotating camera (was killed but managed to hide the UI so I just kept recording while these guys jumped on the assaults and blasted them to scrap), which'll of course get used for the spiders when I get to them.

View PostDavoke, on 23 June 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'd really love to see something on the Atlas. It seems kinda' cliche, but it's a really big part of IS stuff, and being an IS pilot, I love it. Aside from the fact that it would just be great to hear a briefing on how badly you'll need your brown pants if you get caught alone in a tight space with one.

Can try it. :D She's a mean sounding woman so I'm hoping that she can get you to brown them for real. Check out the prelude on that script link if you like. I'm hoping she'll be a great character.

(Still need to get the Atlas DDC).

As said above though I'll be going by how many say which mech more often than the others.

I think over the next week or so I'll go through and count how many say this mech or that mech, and go with the top 5 to establish the 5 mechs that follow the Hunchback in the series.

God knows I can use some space (6 hard drives and I've got a little more than 2 terrabytes of video consumed in this) by getting a headstart on this.

Edited by Koniving, 23 June 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#5 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

And then maybe the Raven. Since House Liao did something right for once. :P

#6 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I hope you have some Dragon-bowling videos for the Dragon introduction. :P

#7 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Awesome!

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostModo44, on 23 June 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

I hope you have some Dragon-bowling videos for the Dragon introduction. :P

I don't, but I can either fish some or wait just long enough for collisions to return. Probably the second as it would then be accurate to the new knockdown system. But I do have this. An Atlas performing a Lariat (clothesline, running punch) to a Hunchback from MWO's closed beta.

Edited by Koniving, 24 June 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#9 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

Even though I don't use them and am allergic to Assaults in general... Atlas.

Definitely something the community could use.

#10 GTV Zeratul

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'll have to go with the 'Phract, loving my 4 Llas 1X!

#11 CasedIn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Please please please the Awesome chassis!

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Oh wow. A first timer o.o; Not every day someone posts for the first time to vote for something. :ph34r:

For you:
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 24 June 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#13 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I like my Jeager too much not to know more about it :ph34r:

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Stalking Stalker is stalking the votes.
Posted Image
Shot from Lordred. (I'm the Centurion.)

Edited by Koniving, 24 June 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

*Bumps.*

Doing Garth proud.
Went through a number of matches with the X-5 prototype to the HartfordCo Industries Hartford 300 chassis (monikered Cicada).
I must say I looked rather good, too.
Posted Image
X-5s and the multiple paintjobs = Koniving.
Screens = Lordred.
Link provided above. Enjoy!

Speaking of which, all of the hero mechs will also have their lore introductions along with this series; they'll come up in the sequential "variant" videos following the introduction to the chassis with as much detail as possible.

For miniscule examples:
  • the Muromets derives its name from a Russian Knight. It's piloted by Grigori Kovalenko of the Capellan Confederation (House Liao). His lore is purely exclusive to MWO.
  • The Heavy Metal is piloted by a mercenary unit leader named Rhonda Snord.
  • The Pretty Baby is piloted by one Danielle Peterson (? Seems to be said this is official but damn is it hard to prove) of Chisholm's Raiders. Danielle's looks are supposed to be at odds with her Awesome yet fitting with her Awesome's name (likely for the linking of Awesome and Pretty Baby to describe her as the pilot).
  • The Death's Knell as in MWO is a modified Commando 2-D (supposedly of a silver color) piloted by Captain Bono Duganmare of the 22nd Skye Rangers. No pilot pics sadly.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

I...dooded it. I got me a Phoenix pack.

I feel dirty because though I tried to buy it with paypal, it took the money out of my bank account and overdrafted me. ;)

Ah well needed an excuse to go close that account anyway.

Btw. *Bump.*

Edited by Koniving, 25 June 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#17 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

I was thinking about a pack.. but I'm guessing the premium time is "set all your days" or nothing (or, "set your 90" and "set your 30").. and I don't really want to burn it all in one lump. I'd rather the ability to use 1 day at a time. Until I can run 1 day at a time, I'm not spending real money on something that will have wastage.

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostCmdrPoopyPants, on 26 June 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

I was thinking about a pack.. but I'm guessing the premium time is "set all your days" or nothing (or, "set your 90" and "set your 30").. and I don't really want to burn it all in one lump. I'd rather the ability to use 1 day at a time. Until I can run 1 day at a time, I'm not spending real money on something that will have wastage.

Well, 4 "hero-ish" mechs with 8 additional mechs and 12 mechbays, plus the premium and such is pretty worth while. Trust me, with everything I bought (nearly 500 dollars worth), this is the cheapest thing I've seen yet. And I usually try to buy everything at their cheapest (with the exception of the heroes I bought them all right away like a fool). The 30 days would start with the next patch they do.

The 90 day you can choose when. But yes I agree it does suck that you can't pause it. My last 6 days were lost because I literally sprung a leak in my liquid coolant for the processor. But nothing says you have to start it either. There's some that still have their founder's premium time sitting and waiting on them.

Edited by Koniving, 26 June 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#19 7 Nation Army

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

I vote for awesome, if that doesn't work, then centurion!

#20 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Centurion for me please. Then afterwards, the Catapults especially the difference between the rockets and K2 (Heard K2 was Kurito's or something like that)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users