Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#301 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

View Postbravetoss, on 09 February 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

Hello, great program, but i encountered one issue. I bind key to Weapon toggle f.e. "T", but when i push T ingame, TAG or MGs are working well, but it also change my target! (I use Left shift for target lock). How can I fix that without changing target lock key?

You need to use lowercase 't'. If you use T, the macro will do SHIFT+t

#302 bravetoss

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

I'm actually using "t", "T" is only shown in program. In ini file is correct "t".

#303 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

Gaulwa is correct - it *should* behave like that.
Do you use CAPS LOCK for anything?
This behavior may occur if you send lowercase t whilst CAPS was on.

Also, it may be worth trying this test build of Fire Control.

I will see what I can come up with guys, but to be honest I was in the process of trying to write an app to replace Fire Control, so I am reluctant to make major architectural changes to the old code. If we can find a one-size-fits-all solution that is fairly simple though, that wouldn't be too much of an issue.

This post contains the current method that I think *should* work. If someone can test and verify, that would be great.

Edited by evilC, 09 February 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#304 bravetoss

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

I bind just simple "t", without shift, caps etc:-) and in game i also push simple "t" without shift or caps. Tried with new build, issue is still here.

Where I should put that code for test?

update: I find out, that when I change keyboard layout to US qwerty, macro is working properly. Issue appears when I use my standard keyboard layout (Czech qwertz)

Edited by bravetoss, 09 February 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#305 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

That code for test was not for you, it was for Gaulwa with his AZERTY keyboard issue.

However, it now appears that your problem is most likely similar as you said it only occurs on QWERTZ layout.

To use these test scripts, you need to install Autohotkey.

Create a text file, name it something.ahk, edit it, paste in the code.

To run it, double-click the file.

This is strange though, the t key is not like Gaulwa's AZERTY issue with the 1 key, as the t key on a QWERTZ keyboard does not have any second character on it.

If you hit the T key normally (Say in a text editor, or replying to this post), without shift held or CAPS LOCK on, do you get t or T?

Out of interest... what keys / buttons are you guys using to trigger these macros?
If the thing you are using to trigger the sending of 1 / t (eg F11, F12) holds shift (eg dumb example, but if you hit shift to send t) then this may well cause the issue.

One thing that also springs to mind is: What kind of keyboard do you guys actually have?
You have QWERTZ / AZERTY keyboards I take it, so when you switch to english layout and the problems go, you are just working out what key should be what by position? ie on a QWERTZ, Y and Z are switched, on an AZERTY, Q and A are switched...

May have to start trying to replicate it myself I spose.

#306 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

OK, it's been a while since I messed with MWO macros, and it's coming back to me now.

I am having problems getting script snippets to actually trigger, I forget what I did to sort that out in Fire Control, gonna have to dig a little deeper.

Until then, be aware that the reason some of the tests may not work is that the hotkey is not actually triggering.
If you use the SoundBeep command like so:

F11::
   soundbeep
   Send {1}
   return

If it doesn't beep, it didn't even try to send. eg for me, that above script does not work.
Also, in general, you need the line

SetKeyDelay, 0, 50

At the start of any script, else the macro will not hold the key for long enough for MWO to recognize it.

I have been mucking around with foreign keyboards - but due to above issues have not been able to replicate the issue properly.
Also, How do you guys test when you swap languages? Can you swap language mid-game, or do you have to quit out?
If you have to quit out, at what point does it set the language? ie can you log in using normal language, then switch and click login?

#307 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Yes, my problem only appear on a AZERTY layout. If I switch to QWERTY, without even restarting the client or leaving the battle, it get fixed.
However, doing so also prevent me from using the chat, keys on screen don't correspond to my layout (duh!) and I need to switch layout each time I start the game.

Also:
SetKeyDelay, 0, 50

#SingleInstance force
#NoEnv
key := GetKeyVK("1")
key := Format("{:x}",key)

F12::
	Send {vk%key%}
	return

THIS WORKS!
It trigger '&' in a chatbox, and also trigger my first weapon group in-game.

PS: EvilC, I sent you my skype in PM, if you want to talk more directly to work on this.

Edited by Gaulwa, 10 February 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#308 bravetoss

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostevilC, on 10 February 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

If you hit the T key normally (Say in a text editor, or replying to this post), without shift held or CAPS LOCK on, do you get t or T?

This is what i get in notepad:
t6tt6tt6tt6t

I have set weapon group 6 for weapon toggle. Ingame when i want to fire weapon group six, i hit ž key (Shift + ž= 6 on my layout)

Strangely, i get same results with US layout
t6tt6tt6tt6t

#309 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

So you do have the same issue I have.
You press 't', to activate the script.

but the script, to send '6' actually send 'Shift + ž'

I have the exact same issue on my layout, except on mine it require to press 'Shift + -'

The workarounds at the moment are to either unbind Shift (and never use it), make your own script, or use a different key than '6' for your weapon group. maybe a numpad key, or some letter.
... or praise the lord evilC and beg for a new FireCtrl version :P

#310 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

Fire control? I don't need no stinkin' fire control! :lol:

Seriously though, if this helps folks, then great. However, I prefer to pit my own skill against the skill of other pilots without needing to resort to such crutches.

#311 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

I wouldn't call that crutches. It's more of a fix for the flawed chain firing system.

#312 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

Please test this version of Fire Control:

http://evilc.com/fil...rl/firectrl.exe

This seems to work for me with any keyboard layout.
You can also preview a taste of things to come - slightly less boring GUI styles.

Edited by evilC, 13 February 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#313 bravetoss

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

yep, this version is working, great, thx!

#314 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostevilC, on 13 February 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

Please test this version of Fire Control:

Is there any plan to add a "toggle weapon profile" key(s) in future versions? I'm thinking 2 buttons for "previous" & "next" profile, or allow specific profile to have a specific user-bound key to activate.

It's a drag in Community Warfare to alt+tab each time I switch mechs, since 2 use Fire Control. It wouldn't be a problem in *any* other game, except MWO seems to get less stable each time I do it. I know many people are running dual monitors, so confirmation of what profile is active would only require for the previous/next keys (automatically switch view to the "Profiles" tab).

#315 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

I am currently in the process of re-writing all my apps (UJR, Fire Control etc) into one much more powerful plugin-based app.

Therefore, I am quite reluctant to go back and start making changed to the older apps, as the code is pretty clunky, and I would just be diverting valuable development time away from the new project.

Hotkey-based profile switching is something I would like to include in the new app.

Things are moving along pretty nicely now, yesterday we got a proof-of-concept working for the final piece of the puzzle, so now I just have to finish off the various bits and bolt them together to make the new app.
No ETA yet, I have already sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours into it, and there is probably still a bunch more work to do.

In the meantime, you could try this:
Run TWO copies of Fire Control, and set each copy to one of the profiles.
Then use the ?same? "Functionality Toggle" hotkey for each to turn it on/off.
This would allow you to effectively switch between FC profiles with a hotkey.

#316 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

Thanks a lot EvilC, the latest version is perfect.

#317 Dvorak

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

This is kind of a weird/dumb question, but does anyone have a working download link for the gauss-specific variant of FC called "Gauss Control"?

I downloaded it a while back, but a system restore ate my install and it no longer appears to be posted on the site I originally got it from. It was handy. Thanks in advance for any help anyone's able to provide.

#318 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Someone wrote a variant?
News to me.

#319 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Hey all! I'm having an issue here. I set up a TAG toggle as decribed, but when I try to run FireCntrl.ahk, I get the following error:

Error at line 556

Line text: #Include <ADHDLib>
Error: Function Library not found

The Program Will Exit[/color]

What do I do?

Edited by Night Thastus, 20 August 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#320 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

slack jawed macro running *******

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users