Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#341 Wraithlord77

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

I spent most of the afternoon try'n to get this dam thing to work for my uac5 dire , no matter what i tried it would either fire all at once or weapons 4,5,6 on chain and not fire 1,2 or 3 at all and even then the rof was same as normal no matter what cooldown value i entered (and yea i had the instructions and whatshisface's youtube vid open and did what they said) in the end i just gave up .

#342 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

To work out the timing, use the weapon speeds as a guide: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment

So AC5 is 1.66 (1660ms)
You may have quirks etc that would lower that, but in practice it is generally easier to work it out from the base fire rate, then adjust down.
So, divide the base fire rate by the number of weapons, so 1660 / 3 = 554

Then start tweaking it down, I generally do it in chunks of 10ms.
Also it's often best to leave a bit of "slack" in there, ie dont be too aggressive in finding the lowest possible value, as it will vary sometimes, so best to have it fire a tiny bit slower but be more reliable.

View PostWraithlord77, on 22 February 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

I spent most of the afternoon try'n to get this dam thing to work for my uac5 dire , no matter what i tried it would either fire all at once or weapons 4,5,6 on chain and not fire 1,2 or 3 at all and even then the rof was same as normal no matter what cooldown value i entered (and yea i had the instructions and whatshisface's youtube vid open and did what they said) in the end i just gave up .

Are the keys 1, 2 and 3 bound to weapon groups 1,2 and 3 in MWO?

#343 Naryck

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:17 AM

well, it's all fun and games with 6xLB2x direwhale, but too little damage Posted Image otherwise really fun

Edited by Naryck, 23 February 2016 - 03:17 AM.

#344 Wraithlord77

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

Well i tried the IS ac2 this time just like video , i did everything im told in the vid , weapons 1,2,3 bound to groups 3,4,5 set at 160ms and bound to my right mouse button, i hit it in game and only weapon 3 bound to group 5 fires and at the normal rate of fire Posted Image

#345 Moldycheese

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBehind you in an ECM Jenner. Bwahaha!

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

ok, i love this tool. Just one question. I'm trying to use a mech with 6 medium lasers and i want to have the option to alpha strike so i used the group mode modifier but it doesn't work.

here's my setup: each laser is in it's own group, unfortunately there is no 7th group so i cant have that as my alpha and if i put all the lasers in one of the other groups at some point during chain fire i always alpha. Do you have a solution?

#346 Calvyr

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 49 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostMoldycheese, on 23 February 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

ok, i love this tool. Just one question. I'm trying to use a mech with 6 medium lasers and i want to have the option to alpha strike so i used the group mode modifier but it doesn't work.

here's my setup: each laser is in it's own group, unfortunately there is no 7th group so i cant have that as my alpha and if i put all the lasers in one of the other groups at some point during chain fire i always alpha. Do you have a solution?

Don't you have a keybind for alpha strike?

#347 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

Put all 6 lasers in groups 4,5 and 6 and enable chain fire for groups 4,5,6
Put all lasers in group 3 and disable chain for group 3
Use the following Fire Sequence: 4,5,6,groupmode(3)

ie, to do chain for 6 weapons, you do not need 6 groups, you can use 3 groups and loop through the 3 groups twice.

It can be done with 2 groups instead of 3, but it tends to be more reliable with more groups.

Edited by evilC, 24 February 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#348 shidageki

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:20 AM

I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but I have been wading through this until page 8 without finding an answer.

Group 1 appears not to be recognized by the macro fire.
Fire sequence 1,2,3,4,5,6, 6 ac/2 King Crab, Group 1 never fires.

Is this by design, and/or is there any way around it?

#349 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

View Postshidageki, on 27 February 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but I have been wading through this until page 8 without finding an answer.

Group 1 appears not to be recognized by the macro fire.
Fire sequence 1,2,3,4,5,6, 6 ac/2 King Crab, Group 1 never fires.

Is this by design, and/or is there any way around it?

The default MWO key bindings do not map the 1 key to fire group 1 AFAIK. Check your settings.

#350 Born Avenger

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:16 AM

I've been tweaking around with it and its all working great so far, im trying to get consistent fire on my Dragon 5N with triple ac2's, but there's always a solid delay between the end of the sequence and the begining of the next one, so its firing burst fire, but i cant get it to fire at a consistent rate.

#351 JMuss

Rookie

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 9 posts
  • LocationArkab

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

Didn't want to read through everything but I have a quick questions. I have quad AC/5's chained to shoot when I press LMB. I've found that when I shift tab to message someone on steam is types 1,2,3, or 4 (sequence is 1,2,3,4). Is there a way to prevent this?

#352 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostJMuss, on 07 March 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Didn't want to read through everything but I have a quick questions. I have quad AC/5's chained to shoot when I press LMB. I've found that when I shift tab to message someone on steam is types 1,2,3, or 4 (sequence is 1,2,3,4). Is there a way to prevent this?

Strange.
Have you enabled "limit to application" mode? On the Bindings tab at the bottom, tick the box and make sure the text box contains CryENGINE (case is IMPORTANT!).

#353 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostBorn Avenger, on 05 March 2016 - 02:16 AM, said:

I've been tweaking around with it and its all working great so far, im trying to get consistent fire on my Dragon 5N with triple ac2's, but there's always a solid delay between the end of the sequence and the begining of the next one, so its firing burst fire, but i cant get it to fire at a consistent rate.

Could be a million things, you havent really given me anything to go on. Not how your groups are set up, what the fire rate is, etc.
When there is a missing shot, is there a weapon available (not on cooldown)? Is it maybe hitting a fire group that no weapon is in?

#354 MechHammerTime

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

Fire Control doesn't seem to work unless I put my MWO client into a certain video mode: Full Window or Full Screen. It doesn't seem to interact with MWO if MWO is in Windowed mode.

Make sure you have the keyboard numbers assigned (Binded) to the corresponding group numbers of your weapons. Leaving it blank won't work as the FC utilizes the keyboard assignment to trigger each weapon in a group.

Still working out the kinks but will be experimenting with the firing rates to see how useful it is.

Edited by MechHammerTime, 16 March 2016 - 11:34 AM.

#355 M15cr3ant

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

evilC thank you for your great program. I have a question. Is there a list somewhere that I can look at showing the "sub commands" that you mentioned a few pages back with documentation on what they do?

ie stagger and groupmode

Again thank you sir!!

#356 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:15 AM

The subcommands are detailed in the Wiki
https://github.com/e...ons#subcommands

View PostMechHammerTime, on 16 March 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

Fire Control doesn't seem to work unless I put my MWO client into a certain video mode: Full Window or Full Screen. It doesn't seem to interact with MWO if MWO is in Windowed mode.

Make sure you have the keyboard numbers assigned (Binded) to the corresponding group numbers of your weapons. Leaving it blank won't work as the FC utilizes the keyboard assignment to trigger each weapon in a group.

Still working out the kinks but will be experimenting with the firing rates to see how useful it is.

Strange that it doesn't work in normal windowed mode. Try disabling UAC and / or disabling Aero

#357 Akenatum Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

okay my dragon 5n i have it set up to mouse button 4 groups 3,4,5 with the keyboard numbers coresponding to those weapon groups 160 for the fire rate, I hold the button down fires the 3 weapons waits, then fires again.

edit: at a guess my fire rate is too high?

Edited by Akenatum Malthus, 26 March 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#358 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:36 PM

I skimmed through the posts and i didn't see anything pertaining to my issue. i can't even get fire control to start. i properly unzipped the file and i made sure i didn't get some janky out of date version or something to no avail. whenever i double click on it the little circle spins next my mouse like its trying to work and it will flash and go crazy and im not sure how to fix it.

#359 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

Very strange.
You are running firectrl.exe yeah?

What OS?

#360 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

yeah, indeed. I'm running windows seven. I'm going to check if its admin permissions momentarily but i doubt that's the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users