Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#361 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:45 PM

okay so it is admin issues. sorry to bother you, thanks for the speedy response tho Posted Image

Edit: okay maybe it's not, well it ran perfectly fine when i was logged in as admin and i gave full permissions to my user on the entire folder it was in but it continues to rapidly flash on my toolbar and fail to appear.

Edited by cowcatcherer, 06 April 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#362 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:53 PM

I am a proud and honorable warrior of the Devil Dogs merc unit. We do not condone nor take part in such a practice. We are an extension of our mechanical brothers. We have honed our mental and physical reflex's within the boundries put in place by PGI

1.) Has this program been approved by PGI?
2.) Does it conflict with the rules and guidelines set forth by PGI?
3.) Is it a dishonorable act and an unfair practice?

#363 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

okay if your going to play it like this let me give you a little spiel. If i were a real mechwarrior and i had six AC2's would i sit there and bind them all to one button or a set of buttons? i think a resourceful and mechwarrior would have his technicians set up a way to fire his auto cannons like a minigun. as far as im away for the rules it doesn't modify the game therefore its not against the rules (don't quote me on that though). I wouldn't consider it unfair or dishonorable since anyone can do this if they feel like it and as i just explained it fits in the cannon of the universe.

Edit: Im not using this for faction play or anything meaningful, tier five mayhem and on one ridiculous build of my king crab. this is a game, games are made to have fun.

Edited by cowcatcherer, 06 April 2016 - 02:10 PM.

#364 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

Okay but the same goes for those "aimbot" programs. They both alter the outcome and the use of an aimbot is a bannable practice.

#365 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

okay ill give you that, but this doesn't play the game for you. all it is, is an improvement on the in-game chain-fire and a toggle for things like tags

#366 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:37 PM

this is a video of a test done by "The Beef". This is also an improvement on chainfire:

Unfair in the extreme.

#367 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

omfg lmfao yeah that's over powered, but this doesn't modify anything in game it simply spaces out your weapons fire so you get a consistent fire rate, it doesn't literally make it spew lead like that

#368 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:36 PM

heh yeah this was a hoot to watch but it does modify the cooldown of missiles....which shortens the span between weapons fire which is exactly like a macro.

#369 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostDarbbo, on 06 April 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

this is a video of a test done by "The Beef". This is also an improvement on chainfire:

Unfair in the extreme.

Not at all. This video is from a public test server where for a short period, a typo by PGI moved the decimal place on the cool down several places.

#370 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostDarbbo, on 06 April 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

heh yeah this was a hoot to watch but it does modify the cooldown of missiles....which shortens the span between weapons fire which is exactly like a macro.

oh man, umm the urge to rip on you is so strong but i recommend you google before talking like you know about something. . "Many programs allow you to create macros so that you can enter a single character or word to perform a whole series of actions." that's exactly what this program does. you can have it set up so that right clicking will fire group 1, wait a quarter of a second then fire group two, wait a quarter of a second, fire group three and loop. This program does not modify any part of the game. it simply tell the computer to press keys that you tell it to. read up on something before you go calling people hackers and make a fool of yourself alright?

Edit: you can fire the ac2's as fast as he shows in the video by hand but thats very cumbersome to do while trying to pilot and aim at the same time

Edited by cowcatcherer, 06 April 2016 - 09:18 PM.

#371 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:15 PM

Wow not once did I call anyone a hacker.

regardless of whether this was a typo on a test server....which I clearly mentioned about a test...it still allowed missiles to fire with zero cooldown.

Yes I do know what the macro does. I did not say I didn't read up on it. you all are adlibing as you go.

Yup no fool here.

#372 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostDarbbo, on 06 April 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

1.) Has this program been approved by PGI?
2.) Does it conflict with the rules and guidelines set forth by PGI?
3.) Is it a dishonorable act and an unfair practice?

FC has been reported to PGI many, many times and every time they approved it.
Look at the view count of this thread. It is second in views only to the pinned "ALL JOYSTICK USERS" thread, and has more views than the other 2 pinned threads put together. Do you really think PGI would let something they consider a cheat remain at the top of the thread listings for years?

View PostDarbbo, on 06 April 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

which shortens the span between weapons fire which is exactly like a macro.

Did you even pass elementary maths?
As I have stated, NUMEROUS times before, fire control actually means you fire LESS shots.

With 4 weapons with a 1s fire rate and you can see your target for 1 second, with fire control set to spread the shots evenly (0.25s Fire Rate)

Alpha: You can get 8 shots off (T:0 and T:1)

Chain: You can get 5 shots off (T:0, T:0.25, T:0.50, T:0.75, T:1)

If you are gonna sling accusations around, get your facts straight.

Edited by evilC, 07 April 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#373 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostDarbbo, on 06 April 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Okay but the same goes for those "aimbot" programs. They both alter the outcome and the use of an aimbot is a bannable practice.

Aimbot <> Macros. Aimbots are expressly forbidden. Marcos are expressly allowed. I don't know why people still insist on tying the two together other than to troll or instigate trouble.

View PostDarbbo, on 06 April 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Unfair in the extreme.

Sigh! Which part of PTS did you not get? Or are you purposefully ignoring it to suit your ends, whatever they may be?

Edited by Mystere, 07 April 2016 - 07:39 AM.

#374 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

Ok so while I have downloaded the fire control module and for my dakka dakka autocannon builds I can see the obvious advantage if you want to keep a target shaking around and optimize the chain fire speed to the ballistic cooldown quirk of a particular mech, but a few days ago I discovered that the game can already be tricked into performing like the rapid chain macro function with inner sphere autocannons on its own. I do not know if this is something they intended or if its been covered already in another topic but... this could work for anyone without needing to bind groups and macros, and also works if you have most of your firing groups already filled with different weapon types. If you start firing a group of autocannons on chain fire, and then hit the backspace to go back to group fire, you'll end up with the firing sequences out of sync as it were as they cooldown seperately. On my battlemaster with triple AC2s that I discovered this on, I ended up basically having one fire and then the next and the third very close together. With practice you can basically hit the group / chain toggle and have them cycling at exactly their respectively cooldown rates but firing in group mode until you release the firing button for that weapons group. I don't have any mechs with 4 or more ballistic mounts to try with more AC2s and I don't run AC5s at all so I don't know how it would work on them, but I'm sure someone else reading this thread has a mauler to give it a whirl with. ;)

#375 cowcatcherer

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

Evilc, do you have any tips on what to do to solve my issue? I already tried giving myself full permissions on all the files, is there anything else i might need to do?

#376 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

View Postcowcatcherer, on 07 April 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

Evilc, do you have any tips on what to do to solve my issue? I already tried giving myself full permissions on all the files, is there anything else i might need to do?

What issue?

#377 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 07 April 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

I can see the obvious advantage if you want to keep a target shaking around and optimize the chain fire speed to the ballistic cooldown quirk of a particular mech,

For inexperienced pilots,yeah it can be scary.
For experienced pilots, it usually only takes them a split sec to realize they are not getting focused on by 3 dakka whales, and it is just some troll running a macro. No big deal.

#378 laviticus

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

Norton will not let me download this because it has a bad virus.

#379 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:32 AM

View Postlaviticus, on 12 April 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

Norton will not let me download this because it has a bad virus.

If you ever see this, run a check against many virus detection engines using a site such as virustotal:

https://virustotal.c...sis/1460546848/

According to that scan, Norton (Symantec) says it is clean. 3 AV engines that I have never heard of flag it as malware, but 52 others say it is clean.
So by balance of probability, it is a false positive.

Many AV engines falsely flag AHK scripts as viruses - at work if I compile an empty script, it thinks it is malware.

#380 Drifting

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

This is totally fun!
1 Issue I had while playing in the testing grounds,
Dire Wolf with 6 Ultra Ac2's assigned to 1-6 fire groups.
The firing is perfect but if I move & fire (with some turning) & then stop firing I stop walking forward.
I need to release the forward key & press it again to start walking again.
I am on version 3.2.1, it says there is an update 3.3.3 but I can't seem to find it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users