Community Warfare Delayed Until ***2014***?

82 replies to this topic

#1 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

From a podcast, apparently?

???

How is this even possible?

#2 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

WRONG.

Now that the short answer is out of the way, this is incorrect information. Russ Bullock specifically said during that podcast that Community Warfare would be out before Launch.

Please, listen to the podcast, get the real information from the source. Speculating on rumors and conjecture only leads to creating problems that don't exist, and riling up people that don't know better.

Here is the link to the podcast in question: https://soundcloud.c...ng-podcast-0079

Edited by Syllogy, 05 July 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#3 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Fair enough... probably too much to ask to get some dev confirmation on this.

#4 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 05 July 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Fair enough... probably too much to ask to get some dev confirmation on this.

Why do you need dev confirmation as opposed to just listening to the podcast? It's a bit long winded, but there is some good information there.

#5 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Because I am at work, where I can browse the forums while taking calls and maintaining systems and being more or less productive, but can't really devote 20 minutes to listening to a podcast.

Because all I'm seeing so far as quotes from the podcast are things like "he deferred that to Bryan" and "CW is heavily delayed."

Because I want to buy a Pheonix pack but not until I have SOME idea on what this game is going to be in the future.

I'll take a listen at lunch.

#6 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Community Warfare was definitely delayed. It was supposed to be out in May.

However, being part of the live recording itself (so nothing could be edited out), I can confirm that Russ insisted that Community Warfare would be on the public servers before launch.

He goes on to say that the reason there haven't been any major, drastic changes is two fold: On one hand, they are taking a slow, patient approach to balance. They've tried the process that involved throwing numbers back and forth, trying to dial everything in until people were happy, it didn't work out like they planned.

On the other hand, they are working on systems that people don't see. They are either sub-systems that players will never know is there (but helps make the game much easier to change), or on things that have not been released yet (like Community Warfare).

They have a limited number of programmers, and an overwhelming amount of work that needs to be done.

In my humble opinion, the underlying delay in many of the balance changes is pretty simple to understand, but also pretty elusive to most people: When they fix certain mechanics (like hit registration), it totally throws previously achieved notions balance out of the window.

By fixing underlying problems, they create new obstacles that need to be overcome. It's not just about changing a few damage and/or heat values, it's about ensuring that the mechanics behind those systems are working properly.

Edited by Syllogy, 05 July 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#7 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

"Community Warfare" in regards to "Phase 1 - We can create and join in-game units?"

Or "Community Warfare" as in "there will be something to do with Loyalty Points, actual fighting over planets, and new CW specific gameplay modes?"

As I said in another thread: Show Me ;)

#8 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

From what I understand: Every part of Community Warfare will be operational by September 17th.

#9 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Sorry but I just listened to the podcast and I didnt hear where he said Community Warfare would be functioning for launch, in fact it sounded like the only thing adding in before launch was 12 v 12 and that both UI 2.0 and CW (Phase 1 - which doesnt actually include any gameplay) would be after launch.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I literally just listened to it

Edited by jozkhan, 05 July 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#10 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

That's gonna mean there better be some mighty epic patches between now and then ;)

Also, I highly doubt that, and would not blame them for not making that specific promise.

And, again, to PGI (if they even see this): Show Me ;)

#11 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 05 July 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Because I am at work, where I can browse the forums while taking calls and maintaining systems and being more or less productive, but can't really devote 20 minutes to listening to a podcast.

Because all I'm seeing so far as quotes from the podcast are things like "he deferred that to Bryan" and "CW is heavily delayed."

Because I want to buy a Pheonix pack but not until I have SOME idea on what this game is going to be in the future.

I'll take a listen at lunch.

Take a long lunch, the podcast is over an hour long. The relevant bits are around 20 minutes-ish. I can say that I listened to it and at no time did I hear anything about CW being pushed to 2014. UI 2.0 is holding it up as the CW features are heavily dependent on UI 2.0.

#12 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 05 July 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

From what I understand: Every part of Community Warfare will be operational by September 17th.

This is contradicted by the June 20th podcast, and by Russ's. Both state that CW depends on UI 2.0 coming out first.. The June 20th states that UI 2.0 will be mid-late September.

At best, we will get CW Phase 1, and phase 1 only based off their public statements.

#13 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Just in time for school. ;)

#14 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Russ said UI2 hopefully before launch in the late summer and CW Phase 1 in the fall (meaning after launch). He basically implied little has been done or will be done until after UI2 is finished so 2014 is reasonable assumption for fully functioning CW...plus if UI2 does not make it for launch, keep pushing CW back further.

#15 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

hahahahahahahahaha...

you crack me up.

#16 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Woah now! Some part of CW will be opperational by Sept 17. We don't get to know how big it's going to be.

#17 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 05 July 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Why do you need dev confirmation as opposed to just listening to the podcast? It's a bit long winded, but there is some good information there.

It's realistic to go to a "worst case scenario" or in this case "most likely scenario" and expect a small portion of CW implemented.

Otherwise, that loyalty bonus on the Phoenix mechs would look silly.

#18 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 05 July 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

It's realistic to go to a "worst case scenario" or in this case "most likely scenario" and expect a small portion of CW implemented.

Otherwise, that loyalty bonus on the Phoenix mechs would look silly.

you're right. PGI has never looked silly before

#19 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

The Death Star II was fully operational and armed in 4 ABY, but not even that stopped it from getting blowed up. I mean, uh, what?

Edited by General Taskeen, 05 July 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#20 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

The quote in question comes @ about 28:10, where Russ says that Ekman will be on later to talk more about Community Warfare.

He goes on to say that it will come out in Phases, there will be something working by this Fall, and after that, more depth will be added.

Progress on Community Warfare will continue into 2014, and it will not be completed in 2013.

@ 29:20, he explains that Community Warfare is being held up by other features that provide necessary functions for Community Warfare to work properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users