Community Warfare Delayed Until ***2014***?

82 replies to this topic

#41 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

Just wish the NGNG guys would let the developers actually talk....80% of the time spent is listening to those guys rather than the person getting interviewed. Perhaps some of the confusion about different issues would be cleared up if we could hear non-NGNG people...

#42 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I wish you could turn off that damn back ground music

#43 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 July 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

The reason no one listens to the NGNG podcasts is because it's the same thing over and over again.

Russ: big things in the works. Video games are hard and you guys just don't get me.

NGNG: sweet!! We totally appreciate you guys

Garth: big things in the works. BTW the community sucks.

NGNG: sweet!! We totally appreciate you guys, shall we wash your feet now?

Paul: Duh! Which way did they go, which way did they go, George?

NGNG: sweet!! We totally appreciate you guys, we are not worthy to be in your presence and without you guys, the universe would not exist!

Just sniveling "yes" men asking stupid questions and repeating themselves.
Surprisingly accurate. You should take a drink each time the hosts apologize.

View PostCoolant, on 07 July 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Just wish the NGNG guys would let the developers actually talk....80% of the time spent is listening to those guys rather than the person getting interviewed. Perhaps some of the confusion about different issues would be cleared up if we could hear non-NGNG people...
You can't bite the hand that feeds you. If they have an open mic night for the community, voice your opinion. Then again that would require you to attend the recordings.

View PostChemie, on 07 July 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

I wish you could turn off that damn back ground music
I can't concentrate on the show over the music.

#44 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostCoolant, on 07 July 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

This is why I stopped listening, they would interrupt the devs to try and talk for them. I felt their interviewing skills were lacking... :D

#45 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostInconspicuous, on 07 July 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

This is why I stopped listening, they would interrupt the devs to try and talk for them. I felt their interviewing skills were lacking... ;)

NGNG: “Hi we’re here with Russ, the game director. So, Russ, tell us about your game”
Russ: “Well there’s ganna be-“
NGNG: “I totally agree”
Russ: “… ganna be commu-“
NGNG: “Oh yeah community warefare how is that going? It’s coming out in like phases right?
Russ: “Yeah , and we’re working real hard, it’s ganna come out in 201-“
NGNG: “That’s totally awesome, can you go into more detail about how you guys are getting there?”
Russ: “I think I’ll get Paul to do a Command Chair Post, but yea like I was saying Community Warfare is heavily dependent on UI 2.-“
NGNG: “Right, right. Right! Go on.”
Russ: “OMAGAWD” *deskfli-*
NGNG: "So our next question is, Do you like kittens?"
Russ: "Well my roommate had a k-"
NGNG: " ROFL I just scored this wicked kill. A spider was jump jetting through the air and all 9 of my PPC's when straight into his head and I was covered by a shower of sparks. Please, continue."

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 08 July 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#46 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 08 July 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

NGNG: “Hi we’re here with Russ, the game director. So, Russ, tell us about your game”
Russ: “Well there’s ganna be-“
NGNG: “I totally agree”
Russ: “… ganna be commu-“
NGNG: “Oh yeah community warefare how is that going? It’s coming out in like phases right?
Russ: “Yeah , and we’re working real hard, it’s ganna come out in 201-“
NGNG: “That’s totally awesome, can you go into more detail about how you guys are getting there?”
Russ: “I think I’ll get Paul to do a Command Chair Post, but yea like I was saying Community Warfare is heavily dependent on UI 2.-“
NGNG: “Right, right. Right! Go on.”
Russ: “OMAGAWD” *deskfli-*
NGNG: "So our next question is, Do you like kittens?"
Russ: "Well my roommate had a k-"
NGNG: " ROFL I just scored this wicked kill. A spider was jump jetting through the air and all 9 of my PPC's when straight into his head and I was covered by a shower of sparks. Please, continue."

Lol. That's why the podcast was over an hour long. If they would just let their guest speak, it would only take about 20-30 minutes.

#47 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I missed one:

Bryan: sayinglotsofwordsbutneveractuallysaysanything

NGNG: Oh man! That sounds totally like the game I've been dreaming of since I was a kid. You guys deserve the rights to my first born child!

#48 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

I hope the game launches with enough features, because reviews (especially on F2P games) can be very harsh lately.
And God knows we need the new players.

Also sad about not going with 1:1 timeline anymore. <_<

#49 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

Russ states that it's possible clan mechs will be introduced similarly to the project Phoenix program "We've thought about it. We don't know for sure. There is a reasonable chance. We have a process now right? We did it with founders, we did it with Phoenix. It's a great way for the community to say 'we want a top notch mechwarrior product'...it's feasible. Right now, there is no plan cooking, brewing."

Hahahaha - good to see they have their next money grab all lined up. Russ needs a new yacht!! <_<

#50 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostGhost Rider LSOV, on 08 July 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

I hope the game launches with enough features, because reviews (especially on F2P games) can be very harsh lately.
And God knows we need the new players.

Also sad about not going with 1:1 timeline anymore. :D

Eh, the timeline thing sounded neat, but I'm not going to cry over it.

Although, honestly, "this deal gets worse every minute" for me, going by what was pitched to the founders, what we hoped, and what we are actually getting. I don't mean to say that all emotional or "PGI Sucks!" but the situation most certainly sucks for those of us that were thinking "we'd get to play through the clan invasion" via Community Warfare.

#51 Angelos Sanguinum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationRuss

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

PGI STOP MAKING WORLD OF MECHS damn it ! As WoT beta-tester I know exactly how devs hypno-toaded people an year for "global warfare" (map with territories).
There is no point to play this game without Community warfare, and to hell with UI2.0, which is months late too.

#52 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm actually excited about UI 2.0, if only because the current UI is lackluster at best - and that is not intended as a jab or insult.

But we need details on Community Warfare, like, yesterday. Last Month. Last Year.

#53 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Russ admitted that CW can't be worked on fully until UI 2.0 is finished "Community warfare is heavily reliant on UI 2.0. If you think about all the things we are going to be doing with factions, and everything else - it's one thing to spend all the time building those into a user interface that we have currently that is going to be completely rewritten or is incapable of doing it properly...so it's added some extra time before we can get these features into people's hands. But we are just trying to do everything the right way."

UI 2.0 hopefully before launch (Late August, Early September) "Really trying to get that out before our late summer launch."

CW will come out in phases and more depth will be added as they go along "Community Warfare is definitely going to come out in phases. It would be best to let Bryan speak to it, because I can't speak to it as well as he can. It's going to come out in several phases so you will have stuff this fall for sure, and then more depth will be added."

UI 2.0 won't be finished until near end of summer. CW cannot be done until UI 2.0 is finished. Therefore CW won't come out until after late summer.

So they are going to miss another deadline.

If they are smart about PR. they would add 2months to the date they think something will be done.

Edited by Tennex, 09 July 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#54 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

And if they are smart about retaining customers, they will show us SOMETHING of what we can expect CW to be.

#55 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

I predict that the only functioning part of community warfare we have going into launch is the ability to choose a faction nothing more.

Possibly nothing more than that until 2014...

View PostTennex, on 09 July 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

If they are smart about PR. they would add 2months to the date they think something will be done.

I think that they should add a year instead of 2 months.

#56 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

People are forgetting, the game only started closed beta a few months over a year ago. AAA type games tend to take at least 2-3 years to make.

#57 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postjakucha, on 10 July 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

People are forgetting, the game only started closed beta a few months over a year ago. AAA type games tend to take at least 2-3 years to make.

And I will happily continue to be patient so long as they show us something regarding what we can expect from CW.

#58 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

This isnt a Tripple A title thought so your argument is mute... theres no single player, no campaign, no lengthy story with voiceovers etc. etc. nothing that really eats up lots of time. Its an arena shooter and the most basic of basic ones to boot.

This game currently is the equivalent of the tacked on multyplayer mode for a game which solely relied on its single player before the publisher demanded a multiplayer mode because "that sells",

#59 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not a single customer forced them to commit to any timeline. If they fail to meet a date it is not our fault and it does not make (all) of us bad people for asking or wondering why the plan changed. Because PGI is bad at communication they will often create their own mess when things do not proceed as they originally advertise. Sure things are tough, things change etc but unless the customers are told in no uncertain terms then we have every right to hold them accountable for their claims - even if the claims and timelines PGI presents are unrealistic - we didn't make them set those timelines.

#60 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostRiptor, on 10 July 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

This isnt a Tripple A title thought so your argument is mute... theres no single player, no campaign, no lengthy story with voiceovers etc. etc. nothing that really eats up lots of time. Its an arena shooter and the most basic of basic ones to boot.

This game currently is the equivalent of the tacked on multyplayer mode for a game which solely relied on its single player before the publisher demanded a multiplayer mode because "that sells",

Actually it is. Of course there isn't singleplayer, it's a f2p game.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users