#1 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

As the title says...

Posted Image

The goal is to capture the meat-and-potatoes feeling of being a mechwarrior in the battletech universe through a variety of characters and short stories, which may eventually evolve into a persistent narrative. I would very much like this project to feature player-run units rather than established canon units in order to generate some community content/interest (and generate some new mechwarrior legends...or something).

THE PRIORITY LIST FOR UNITS
  • Extremely High Priority (I need these units for current projects)
-Mercenary Corp with Western/Cowboy/Cavalry feel (similar to the Eridani Light Horse, but much smaller and potentially less reputable)

APPLICANTS: The Wrecking Crew

-Space Pirates (Preferably operating at the borders of the Lyran Commonwealth/FRR. Outrageous characteristics are most welcome. Basically the crazier the better.)

APPLICANTS: Antares Scorpions (Their leader is a Mango. Good luck topping that)
  • High Priority (I need these units for upcoming projects)
-Lyran/Federated Commonwealth Unit (Preferably a mix of Lyrans and Davions, but a purely Lyran group would work in a pinch.)

APPLICANTS: Tamar Jagers, DHB 4th Battalion, 10th Solaris Rangers, 12th Donegal Guards

-Draconis Combine Unit (The more prestigious the better for this one. RP groups with members that can accurately translate Japanese would be AWESOME.)

APPLICANTS: 36th Dieron Regulars, 9th Sword of the Dragon, 11th Legion of Vega

-Draconis Ronin Unit (What would this comic be without some sordid Ronin wars history?

APPLICANTS:

-Hardcore Davionist Unit (The kinds of players that start tenting when they read the Stackpole novels)

APPLICANTS: DHB 4th Battalion, Head Hunters
  • Moderate Priority (nice to have these units on hand if/when I need them)
-Liao/Cappellan Unit (Actual RP Liaos would be nice)

-At least Two Marik units (Because, you know, civil war)

APPLICANTS: Marik Gunfighter Alliance, 1st Free Worlds Guards

-Other Merc Corps

APPLICANTS: ARMD, DudesClub, Night Watch, The Sea Wolves, Death's Hand Brigade

-Additional FRR units

-Clan Wolf Units

-Clan Ghost Bear Units
  • Low Priority (No plans for these factions yet)
-Other Clan Units

-Comstar/Word of Blake

Some Ground Rules For Application
  • Your unit must be lore-friendly
What I mean by this is that your unit's characteristics can't go against battletech canon in any dramatic way. Adding another regiment to an existing house unit (such as the 5th Drakøns featured in the first chapter) is fine, but a Davion/Kurita/Pirate mixed merc corp with unlimited Atlases is right out. RP units are ideal, and will have priority selection over competitive units of similar characteristics. Additionally, I would like for this comic to feature the stories of the everyman, those that have little or no contact to the power players of the BT universe, so I will be avoiding the big royal names. This is a massive universe, spanning (by my estimate) hundreds of billions of people. Not everyone is blood related to Victor Steiner Kenned- I mean Davion. In fact, for the purposes of this comic no one will be.
  • Your unit must be active
In the interest of serving an active community, I would like to feature units that can maintain an active presence either in the forums, in game, or on a third-party site. I'd also like to see at least a bit of population in your units (minimum of eight members for now). As this is a comic essentially for MWO, you should probably play the game, too.

• Your unit must allow for fair use
I would love to feature the existing visual elements (logo's, banners, in-game paint jobs) of player-run units in these comics. This means that I'll need permission from the owners of these images in order to use them. There is a small possibility that I will be able to generate revenue from this project, which would essentially mean that the original image owners would be releasing these images to me under the Creative Commons Attribution License http://creativecommo...icenses/by/3.0/ I'm going to ask you guys up front if you are okay with that.

• Your unit must allow for artistic freedom
I'm looking for player units to add some depth and richness to this comic, not to write a fanfic about Kong or DHB or The Eleventh Lyran Guards, etc. I will be making original characters and stories for these units, not depicting existing players, mechs, or exploits. I will be using player-generated names, logos, paint jobs, and unit characteristics only. I will work on the actual fiction.
  • Your unit must be amicable (unless you want to be bad guys)
I hope I don't have to make myself clear on this one. I will not use units that have a reputation for vitriol, drama, griefing, or condescension of other players.

I think that pretty much covers my expectations for applications. Feel free to ask questions if you have any, or to request an exception to a rule or two (I'll make exceptions based on the merits of the request, and the needs of the project at the time)

If you are interested in seeing your unit featured in this comic, send me a PM, or leave a comment in this thread with the details. PM's are fine.

Edited by SirDubDub, 27 August 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

REEEEMMNAAAANT

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Bishop Steiner and his Wrecking Crew would be happy for the advertisement. Be happy to provide any concept or lineart you need for basis, also.

as for "Western"
Posted Image

that's my old Siggy. Though now I finally get to drive my VTR, so I need to update it.

The Wrecking Crew is a reinforced company, Medium/Heavy with Armor support. Like own and dirty work because their leader, a certain Bishop Steiner, was a Rabid Fox before he lost a leg and took up driving mechs.

As a relatively small/new unit, spend a fair bit of time in the Periphery hunting bandits and pirates.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 August 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#4 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

The Marik Gunfighter Alliance of course! You have to do a scene with Stingr4y getting shot in the back by another Marik mech. :-)

Edited by Ed Steele, 06 August 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 06 August 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

The Marik Gunfighter Alliance of course! You have to do a scene with Stingr4y getting shot in the back by another Marik mech. :-)

marik mechs shooting other marik mechs IS sorta par for course, isn't it?

#6 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

I think Antares Scorpions would love to be in a comic! Not only are we a merc-corp we have a pirate unit too! It's like a out of the back of the store kind of feel pirate group, with all of the behind everyone's backs, hehehe.

A fond memory of our unit was during the proxis league (planetary league) Season one we ran 4 jump sniping jenners armed with 2 PPC each and 4 centurion brawlers. We were put against 6 atlas and 2 light mech teams and would win. In the end of the season we were given the weirdest drops award, awww good times! Our great leader is a Mango, did I forget to tell you that?

#7 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Pretty sure the Sea Wolves (Merc. Corp.) wouldn't mind.

Edited by Skydrive, 06 August 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 06 August 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

I think Antares Scorpions would love to be in a comic! Not only are we a merc-corp we have a pirate unit too! It's like a out of the back of the store kind of feel pirate group, with all of the behind everyone's backs, hehehe.

A fond memory of our unit was during the proxis league (planetary league) Season one we ran 4 jump sniping jenners armed with 2 PPC each and 4 centurion brawlers. We were put against 6 atlas and 2 light mech teams and would win. In the end of the season we were given the weirdest drops award, awww good times! Our great leader is a Mango, did I forget to tell you that?

Wrecking Crew ( a subsidiary of HARDCorps) would gladly be featured fighting Antares Scorpions or the Purple Dodo Bird Gunfighters Alliance!

#9 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 06 August 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

All right. You two are on the list now. I'm going to need logos and colors from the both of you.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Wrecking Crew ( a subsidiary of HARDCorps) would gladly be featured fighting Antares Scorpions or the Purple Dodo Bird Gunfighters Alliance!

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostSirDubDub, on 06 August 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

All right. You two are on the list now. I'm going to need logos and colors from the both of you.

not a problem. Should be able to shoot you both and other reference stuff this evening.

#11 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

ARMD would be interested in being involved in this.

We have a fully fleshed out unit history that complies with the BT time line all the way back to present time.

We have 50 some pages of backstory to comply with the timeline, including 1 small novel, Artwork, colour scheme (Black, Gold and Silver), At least 20 Character bio's based on current members.

We are a Star league era unit Abandoned by Kerensky when they fled the IS and forced to turn Merc. Finished of By Liao in the 3020's and reformed in 3048 by the current members. Based on New Home in the Terran corridor (Near Tikonov) we have no love for Liao or Kurita but we go where the money is. We hold Star League ideals to be true and have no intention of going clan in our make up (although we may use clan tech)

ARMD currently has 400+ members and is the largest active unit in Australasia.

Check out our web site armd.net.au or drop me a line.

Also our recruitment thread has some artwork/video and links.

http://mwomercs.com/...nt-in-progress/

Edited by slide, 06 August 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#12 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

You should be able to fin our logo on our website, as well our colors are black and red, a darker red. either color can be the primary color. Mainly though black is the primary color.
If you need anything else PM me, I'll talk to my unit leader tomorrow.
Thank you very much :(

http://antaresscorpions.co.uk/

Edited by NautilusCommand, 06 August 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#13 FearTheAmish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

If you need a davion group HHoD is largest ingame currently with active members and is lore friendly.

http://mwomercs.com/...n-rct-want-you/

#14 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 06 August 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

I second the MGA for inclusion, we're a hard drinking western themed unit of mechwarriors!

#15 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Aces Wild is a general merc unit if you still need one of those. We operate in the Outworlds Alliance, and have no love for Kurita if that'll factor into anything. http://the-aces.com

#16 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

here is the link to get the logo:
http://s1303.photobu...530121.jpg.html

#17 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,592 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

this is soooo cool,thx sir dubdub
ps, im goin to tell our friend units( all sorts liao,kurita,mercs,marik) this, maybe you get some more.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 07 August 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#18 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think you need a DCMS line unit. Here are the 36th Dieron Regulars if you wants us :lol:

Unit thread in the house Kurita subforum: http://mwomercs.com/...-line-regiment/

If you need some RPG back ground from some player chars. I am sure we can help.

#19 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,592 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

HA....COOL.... It worked i said i know some guys B) i contacted also a marik unit,liao,davion , dudes club merc unit and some mooore :lol: hope it helps for your,like we say in germany,super geiles projekt!

Edited by Mighty Spike, 07 August 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#20 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

Brenden Weaver would be a cool addition.. But I have no talent to draw him.
I apologize. Shall I describe him?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users