• Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

I hope not I really dont want to hear 10,000 screaming 4 year olds cussing up a storm on chat...The Mechwarrior Community is the best ive ever seen as far as maturity yet there are some 50 year olds that act like 12 year olds but all in all everyone is really cool..

If Xbox runs MWO on its system then I think I will play another game as I play to have fun not to babysit or hear as I said 4 year olds cussing up a storm on chat...

#102 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostGoufCustom02, on 27 September 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

i dont think you got what i said. when one is willing to invest in the console gaming community, one opens the doors to millions of gamers, which leads to a concept called "new resources", which includeds human resources that causes less time to be elapsed. thereby expanding the game long term.

I feel you missed my point.

It's irrelevent. It's taken PGI years to get to this point. It took PGI years to implement DX11 poorly.
It would take PGI years to poorly port the game to console.
And if it was a poor port console gamers wouldn't give it a second look; with its complex systems terrible UI and performance.

The Dev team just isn't up to it.

#103 GoufCustom02

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 27 September 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

I feel you missed my point.

It's irrelevent. It's taken PGI years to get to this point. It took PGI years to implement DX11 poorly.
It would take PGI years to poorly port the game to console.
And if it was a poor port console gamers wouldn't give it a second look; with its complex systems terrible UI and performance.

The Dev team just isn't up to it.

your speaking on the bases of a company not taking risks and using their avalible resources to cross over to the consoles. they would have to take out an investment. then yes their would be a risk of tanking, thats my point. MWO burns out over the next few years or it takes the gamble as other free to plays have and hit it big, and thereby breath new life into the game.

Edited by GoufCustom02, 28 September 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#104 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

Why is this tread still going? <_<

#105 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

Because of thread necromancy?

#106 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostGoufCustom02, on 28 September 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

your speaking on the bases of a company not taking risks and using their avalible resources to cross over to the consoles. they would have to take out an investment. then yes their would be a risk of tanking, thats my point. MWO burns out over the next few years or it takes the gamble as other free to plays have and hit it big, and thereby breath new life into the game.

Again no.

I'm speaking about a development team that had no idea what they were getting themselves into using Cryengine. And that shows in the current PC version.

The game is horribly optimised (still) and isn't favourable towards AMD hardware in a desktop. let alone weaker AMD hardware in a console.

it isn't about money; it isn't about risk. It's about current time and resources and ability.
They barely manage to complete features as it is. Let alone make a full working port to console.

#107 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostMorhadel, on 12 August 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

god i hope not, 50,000 cursing screaming whining 10 year olds [...]the rest is censored.

Instead we got 100,000 cursing screaming whining 40 year olds yelling that PGI should convert fully to TT rules and 50,000 screaming 30 year olds saying clans ruined TT and it ruined MW: O.

#108 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

I hope this day never ever comes. It's bad enough that we have COD idiots on Xbox Live; I don't need a whining 12-year-old moron screaming at me as to why his arm blew off when his Atlas walks into an enemy lance's ambush while he's on point, can't jump, can't rotate-360-no-scope-up-yer-ass from across the map, and has to actually have a degree of intelligence to win a match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users