• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Quick Press the Cntrl-Z!!!!
How did you feel about Suicides?
Should it be in the game?

I like to use it to see my pod go flying in the air while i was getting shot So I wouldn't lose -500 points for suicide and just to say "I get a new mech cause I ejected!"

Edited by StrataDragoon, 13 June 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#2 Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

what?

#3 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

I doubt you'd want to intentionally "suicide" your 'Mech, since as far as we know this game only has a no-respawn mode. Aside from the barely mentioned Dropship mode.

#4 Nintenja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Location2.375Mm over Texas

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

View Postpursang, on 13 June 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

I doubt you'd want to intentionally "suicide" your 'Mech, since as far as we know this game only has a no-respawn mode. Aside from the barely mentioned Dropship mode.

View Postpursang, on 13 June 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

That's a special mode. Dropship is allowing a player to use 4 of their mechs but not respawning the same one over. Unless you own clones.

#5 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostNintenja, on 13 June 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

That's a special mode. Dropship is allowing a player to use 4 of their mechs but not respawning the same one over. Unless you own clones.

I am aware.

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

If they have a "You have 3 Mechs to burn through this match" kind of gamestyle, then they should enable ejection to prevent legged players from being stuck out of combat range for the duration of the fight.

#7 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Would be interesting in Dropship mode to give you a faster drop time...

[Pilot failed to eject: 20 sec penalty while your techs scrape together enough brain matter to put back in your skull]

or some such

Edited by Corpsecandle, 13 June 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#8 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

How do I feel about it? "STAND AND FIGHT COWARD!"

unless ejecting will help me reduce the cost of fixing up my busted up mech

#9 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostCorpsecandle, on 13 June 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Would be interesting in Dropship mode to give you a faster drop time...

[Pilot failed to eject: 20 sec penalty while your techs scrape together enough brain matter to put back in your skull]

or some such

Expanding on the idea: they could add a rule that says if all pilots on the opposing team are suffering from the penalty, the round ends early and the team with Pilots in their mechs win.

#10 Rodney28021

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationRural Western North Carolina

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Need an Eject button, don't need it hardwired to an easy to press key. IF you are inmobile and useless in battle then you might as well eject out.

#11 Baron Von Bueno

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

Sounds good, but I think everyone having four is a bit much. doing dropship with two I think would keep it much shorter then four and would also force more strategy in the two you choose.

#12 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Self-destruct sequence initiated - Self-destruct sequence initiated.

Self-destruct is a must have for all House Kurita mechs.

#13 Arthwys IronHand

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

I don't think ejecting and hopping into your next mech would work for me. I think it would reduce the focus of play knowing I can just grab another mech and keep going.

#14 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm not all that much for self-destruct buttons...Or maybe if it doesn't cause explosion.

BUT, there absolutely needs to be a button to quit a match (or a mech) that has been legged and is away from battle, without loosing XP and Gold from said quitting.

#15 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostZack Delphirian, on 13 June 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

I'm not all that much for self-destruct buttons...Or maybe if it doesn't cause explosion.

BUT, there absolutely needs to be a button to quit a match (or a mech) that has been legged and is away from battle, without loosing XP and Gold from said quitting.

I'm confused as to why we'd need this feature? Given your scenario, you've essentially lost and you're trying to flee the battle, why wouldn't a player have to repair their mech in this case? (I don't believe I've seen any mention of XP loss)

I'd argue that there absolutely needs to be a penalty for leaving a match early. If there weren't any sort of restriction, there would be plenty of people who decide to leave at the first indication that their team may not be optimized (or their understanding of optimized). Most games use a queue timer, but I'd rather see some sort of damage applied to your mech (had to abandon it or dump all your weapons to evacuate or whatever)...you get 1 free match in progress quit per hour (stuff does come up and sometime you HAVE to go).

Edited by Corpsecandle, 13 June 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#16 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostCorpsecandle, on 13 June 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm confused as to why we'd need this feature? Given your scenario, you've essentially lost and you're trying to flee the battle.

Self-destructing is the honourable way to die. Fleeing is not.

But yeah, it makes no practical sense in a game with no mech-loss or perma death.

#17 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Too many assumptions on how this will work.

There are territory games that allow players to leave the map as they wish so suicide won't mean anything in terms of participation of a battle, if this game works like that. Players can drop in to check on a maps situation, then leave if they don't like what they see i.e. another faction is near the spawn area in bigger numbers. That is how some very recent games operate.

You should try Battlestar Galactica Online, just a browser game, but popular and it's concepts are popular too.

It's obvious people are going to get surprise on the mechanics of the game. The rumours I have heard, simply state that it follows modern approach to territory control which is very very free flowing. No penalties and kicks from team leaders on a power trip. Capture and hold of territory all comes down to a factions effort.

All players benefit from more territory or lose out when a faction loses territory.

The penalty in not trying is one everyone gets technically.

Edited by GHQCommander, 13 June 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#18 Dexterm

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

Would be cool to have the option if you mech was badly damaged and your not much use to be able set the core to go critical and take out another mech in the explosion.

#19 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

I don't think they have made it clear if dropship mode uses 4 different mechs or if you respawn 1 mech 4 times.

#20 oohawkoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

considering the eject system in BT univers is incredably stupid ... (has the habit of shootiong you into unyeailding objects .... floors,. trees ... rocks ... other mechs ~~) probably end up safer staying inside for anything other than a core breach =X

well anyways i dont like the idea of sucideing been an option anyways =X not in matches anyways =/ (unless ur takeing the enemy with you:Pat lest then it serves a purpose).... not to mention id rather my mech repair bill be cos i got shot not cos i did something silly like killing myself just cos i didnt want to play a particular match =P

Edited by oohawkoo, 13 June 2012 - 01:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users