1105 replies to this topic

#641 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostRiptor, on 28 August 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

snip

SWOTOR.

This entire "forums are the minority" thing reminds me of the movie Lucky Number Slevin.

"When a man calls you a horse, you punch him in the nose"
"When another man calls you a horse, you call him a jerk"
"When the third man calls you a horse, well it mite be time to go shopping for a saddle"

Edited by 3rdworld, 28 August 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#642 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostRiptor, on 28 August 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Oh for hells sake...

Its warhammer online all over again...

"The forums are a loud minority"

"We have our metrics so we know what we are doing"

"The game is doing great with lots of new users comming in"

"We know what our players want because things"

REALLY?

You dont happen to have alot of ex-mythic people in your dev studio? Or have you hired the same PR guys mythic had back in the day?

Because WARHAMMER online, a stronger IP then battletech will ever be was on Life support after half a year! The game was so badly balanced and the players who spoke up against that where so blatantly flipped off that people just gave up on the game.

Oh and if theres new players comming in like crazy and registrations are at an all time high then why the bajeebus do i keep encountering the same guys over and over and over in my drops?

And that math is all fine and dandy but 12 people in a match will have to cope with around 50k or less whenever they loose.

This game has a winning side and a loosing side... dont make it sound like "everyone" making 75k a match in general when the truth is that only 12 of 24 is making that amount because they belong to the winning side.

wrong...

it´s no matter if you win or lose, both earns the same, as long as you perform well, you earn our c-bills... most of my matches are between 75,000 (bad) and 175.000 (good), sometimes more,without any bonuses like prem or hero...

#643 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostNgamok, on 28 August 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Ghost Heat was the Communities Idea. How many threads were there asking the devs to do something about giving 6 PPC Stalkers heat penalties. So what did they do, they included almost every weapon system int he game instead of just the PPCs. So don't for a second think that Ghost Heat was not our doing.

Ghost Heat was indeed a community idea along with Ghost Delay, but the funny thing is that both ideas were flamed to the ground when they appeared and were labeled as horrible at best, yet PGI choose to use them instead of many ideas which got overall positive feedback.

#644 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 28 August 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

wrong...

it´s no matter if you win or lose, both earns the same, as long as you perform well, you earn our c-bills... most of my matches are between 75,000 (bad) and 175.000 (good), sometimes more,without any bonuses like prem or hero...

Did you read the September update? They said the average is 76k per match.

#645 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostJeremyCrow, on 28 August 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

I've been monitoring these threads and I haven't seen a single threat to anyone. Do you have proof of this? If you do, please link the post... If not, please leave the lying to PGI.

I think the threats weren't in the forums, I think they might have been angry emails asking for a Phoenix Refund or similar. That's what Bryan's post seems to indicate. Anyway, there should be zero tolerance for any sort of personal threats, all that does is discredit the 'vocal minority' (PGI's words not mine) that just want's PGI to stop moving in the wrong direction.

#646 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Is it me, or is PGI/IGP acting more and more like EA?

It's easy to fix this, Remove 3PV, admit you are wrong and have a sincere apology to your community.

Why is this so damn hard to figure out?

#647 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

View Post3rdworld, on 28 August 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Did you read the September update? They said the average is 76k per match.

i was refering to your assumption that you would be on the 50k side if you lose...that´s just not true...and really, 50K is a very very very bad result...

#648 Chris Ihao

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorway

View PostDragonsFire, on 28 August 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

Those posts have not shown up in this thread but did happen more than once in the 3rd Person feedback thread. As is the case with anything of that nature, they were promptly removed, and posting a screenshot of them here would be a terrible idea given that they were removed in the first place.

Regardless, it has happened, both in public and in private and it's completely inexcusable.

This. I was about to make a new thread the other day, linking to articles about the COD and Bioware developers who received death threats after respectively making minute changes to weapon stats and making a statement about game mechanics, and giving examples here. However, I decided that this would only fuel the hatred even more, and to give the offenders even more exposure on these forums.

This must stop for crying out loud. While frustration about not being heard is understandable, this kind of behavior is unacceptable and would result in jail time if this was in the real world. Its a game people! No reason to threaten the lives of people, or to wish death upon people (suicide and etc) just because of a game. This tells me, as somewhat experienced in working with mentally ill people, that some of you should really go seek out some professional help.

And to doubt that these kind of threats are being put out on these forums is naive, for those of you that do this. Who are you defending? I bet you have more common sense than these threat makers, and while you are frustrated about the direction of the game, you would not stoop down to this level. Neither should you defend those who do.

Edit: Ps: All research show that a majority of those who complain about a given game keeps playing it no matter how loud they shout about stopping playing it. Also, personally I see SO many different players each time I drop to the battlefield, so some of the doomsday prophecies presented on these forums seems to be rather exaggerated.

Edited by Chris Ihao, 28 August 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#649 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

I wish people would stop quoting the different queues thing. So many games that are constantly changing have changed what they originally said. Nothing is set in stone jeez.

#650 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostChris Ihao, on 28 August 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

This. I was about to make a new thread the other day, linking to articles about the COD and Bioware developers who received death threats after respectively making minute changes to weapon stats and making a statement about game mechanics, and giving examples here. However, I decided that this would only fuel the hatred even more, and to give the offenders even more exposure on these forums.

This must stop for crying out loud. While frustration about not being heard is understandable, this kind of behavior is unacceptable and would result in jail time if this was in the real world. Its a game people! No reason to threaten the lives of people, or to wish death upon people (suicide and etc) just because of a game. This tells me, as somewhat experienced in working with mentally ill people, that some of you should really go seek out some professional help.

And to doubt that these kind of threats are being put out on these forums is naive, for those of you that do this. Who are you defending? I bet you have more common sense than these threat makers, and while you are frustrated about the direction of the game, you would not stoop down to this level. Neither should you defend those who do.

You have no evidence that it happened, so why would you believe them? Might they are just saying it happened to gather some sympathy from the community. At this point, I'll believe anything.

#651 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostKhanCipher, on 27 August 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

[/font]

is it just me or is pgi sending the message that's it's totally ok to go around doing "assist farming" thus ruining the game experience for others, nice to know... also it seems that grouping up slows you down on making money...

Like Garth said, you don't have to stay till the end and you can go onto a new match in a deifferent mech. I like to stay till the end if I died sometime during the match. Just so I can say GG at the end win or lose.

#652 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 28 August 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

wrong...

Rrrrright...

Its not like most games are a complete steamroll of one team to the other because some tactical genius rushed the enemy leeroy jenkins style or just wanted to take a quick shot over the ridge and suddenly the enemy team jumps down your throat all at once while your team is scattered to all directions.

Sorry but "performing well" in a team game means jack squat if your team is allergic to said teamplay. And as most PUG games have zero teamplay in them all you need most often is one or 2 four mans on the enemy team and the score is more akin to the winning team loosing 2-4 mechs against the enemys 12 mechs being destroyed.

Also loosing teams dont get salvage wich was nerfed to hell now but is still a nice bonus to have.

Loosing teams do not make 75k+ cbills "in general" or "average"

The fact you lost means that you didnt do all to well in the first place. Also it was a horrible change for the new player experience if something like that even exists in this game.

Ontop of that now assault mechs all of a sudden are counted towards the late game content (in an arena shooter.. picture if you will) when back in the day they once again falsly promised that they would make all weight classes equally viable to avoid the "arms race"

And what do we have now? PGI promoting the arms race in saying assaults are so special that they should be the end game content and makes them even harder to aquire when all it takes to lay an atlas on its *** is a light mech + a good connection. (or a bad one if you want to cheat a bit) thus making them everything but special.

But nooooo... we want people to get frustrated in their assault mech grind so they might instead buy them with MC. Because frustrating your players in a f2p game is such a surefire way to make them spend money....

#653 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 28 August 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Posted Image

If you think the cbill nerf is bad when your a winner, try grinding when your losing :angry: (For those new, thats not even enough cbills to buy a single medium laser.)

This pic....hurts.

#654 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 August 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

September Creative Developer Update

Some economic math from our telemetry data:
  • Average match time is 8.4 minutes.
  • Average CB/match is 79,069Posted Image.
  • Average CB/hour is 564,778Posted Image if you only have 1 BattleMech to use.
  • New players can earn 7,981,686Posted Image in cadet bonuses during their first 3.5 hours in addition to between 1-3 million Posted Image in regular game earnings.

If players so wish, they can even increase C-Bill earnings substantially by exiting matches if they are destroyed early, and jumping into a new one.

Cheers,
Bryan Ekman

Ok, i will say i found the rest of the post amusing err to say the least. Anyway i will only comment on 2 points, hoping you see it as legit feedback for the communication.
Your answer is wrong in the economic math, your calculations are correct, when i ran them throu the calculator we got same numbers. If your economy is going to be corect with those numbers, then you need to add variables to get the correct answer.
Target demographic for any large game, and your stated demographic, is the casual player. Lets look at stated player DEMO(graphic), has a set number of hours available a day. Lets for a variable say 150 minutes (2.5 hrs seem reasonable?). So DEMO fires up MWO, maybe even TS, the 150 minutes have started, so check out your mech, maybe chat to mates blah blah blah time ticking down, launch, matchmaker time drop. Out of game chat?, mechlab??....you see what im getting at.
During that 150 mins play time DEMO is probably go P, Drink, pat his ***** or putch maybe even the wife, eat... again you see where im going..
So how long is DEMO in actual drops?, im sure you can get figures, but it wont be 150 mins. So when you say a week/ month thats Drop time not gaming time. So to DEMO its not a week its 10 days, month is 6 weeks.

Beware of bot/farming opportunities in your game, having or condoning a system where this can happen is not a good thing.

Edited by N0MAD, 28 August 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#655 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

View Postzorak ramone, on 28 August 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

The problem is that PGI did lie about 3PV and this lie about 3PV was abosolutly critical for getting so much support from the founders. I'd wager that a large percentage of the founders were coming from NBT and other forced 1PV leagues/servers.

Are you trying to troll me with that response? I laughed out loud when I just read that and everyone @ work was like......whats wrong with you :-)

#656 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

Lets for the sake of argument assume that a winning player makes 110000 cbills per match (not so bad a number)

And the loosing side through the bank makes 50.000 cbills per match (not a nice number)

Now you take these numbers and take them by 12 each because there are 24 players.

That makes 1.320.000 cbills for the winning side

and and 600.000 for the loosing side

Throw them together and divide by 24

And suddenly the "average" earnings in that one game are 80.000 cbills wich looks alot better then 50.000 doesnt it?

But in truth 12 people only got 50.000 cbillsnot 80.000

That is why the "average" score is so deceiving.

And lo and behold.. according to PGI the average earnings per match are 79k cbills.. wich is a little less then my example.

So where are the suposed 75k "average" for a loosing player comming from?

Edited by Riptor, 28 August 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#657 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

The cbill nerf was a terrible idea. Please take it out. If anything, double the cbill rewards. People hate grinding. They want to get new mechs and try new things. New are pigeon-holed into crappy mechs because they cant afford anything else and they dont want to play anymore because their mechs blow. If PGI doubled cbills per match they would make much more selling mechbays and colors and camos to outfit their new mechs (camos especially because theyre not global unlocks :angry: ) and XP conversion to make their new rides usable.

Hell, leave 3rd person in for all I care. People will get used to it.

But the game is FAR TOO GRINDY AND UNFUN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF THE CBILL NERF.

Edited by Team Leader, 28 August 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#658 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

I got to say with this new economy I am really looking forward to the clans and grinding out that 29,350,000 c-bills for one stock Dire Wolf. :angry:

Edited by WarHippy, 28 August 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#659 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

I think it's pretty fascinating to see how poorly PGI is handling PR. What impression are they giving to new fans where they make such a public announcement devoted primarily to scolding their "vocal minority" for their unfair criticism and death threats. With that approach to PR, they might as well change their company slogan to this:

PGI - Shut up, we're doing the best we can! :angry:

It's not changing the opinions or the views among the "vocal minority", and it only makes the company look bad in the eyes of journalists and new players. It's like running a restaurant with a sign outside that says "Don't listen to the rumours, there's nothing wrong with our food." It doesn't have the intended effect.

#660 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

For you guys who don't understand who this unnamed "vocal minority" is I'll offer the following.

Long time Mechwarrior and BT fans that flocked to this game in great numbers and funded it via MC purchases and the Founders program are it. I've been playing Mechwarrior since MW for DOS in 1989 for the record. I would propose that many fans like myself came to MWO to play an immersive, in depth, team based, Mechwarrior Combat Simulator. I mean the back story is already there and there are several successful MW video games in the past that could be used as a guideline, how hard can it be right?

Here's the kicker.

MWO isn't a "team based, Mechwarrior Combat Simulator", it's a single player arcade game that puts x-number of players on each side and says "have at it". An average game time of 8 minutes lends credibility to that hypothesis in my opinion.

The "vocal minority" are the MW/BT fans on these forums, the "target demographic" is the twitch fps/console player with a credit card that's going to get frustrated with the grind and lack of success and slap down $$$ on champion mechs and premium time. They bought the IP not because they were long time MW/BT fans but because it was an available cash cow. The MW fans vision of what MWO is going to be and the Devs vision are two entirely different things. It seems like they don't want, or need, any input from MW/BT fans.

I think that's where the bitterness comes in, just come to grips with the fact that it's not going to be a combat sim and any reference to team based play is lip service and it starts to come into perspective.

TL:DR
lower your expectations and you wont be disappointed as much.

As for myself, I still enjoy the game but like others I get frustrated at parts of the game play that have seemingly simple fixes based on previous games. Whats sad is that while I can still get a group together I cruised by our dedicated TS server last night and we had 2 or 3 dropships running, all playing MWLL...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users