Willing To Pay Mc For Pgi To Remove My Pants

85 replies to this topic

Poll: Would You Pay MC For PGI To Remove Your Pants? (177 member(s) have cast votes)

Would You Pay MC For PGI To Remove Your Pants?

1. Voted Yes, I would like for PGI to remove my pants (144 votes [81.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.36%

2. No, I enjoy sweating in dirty green trowsers (33 votes [18.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

This game has a critical glaring flaw which I hope the devs will address soon.. In my cockpit I am wearing pants. PANTS!

An InnerSphere MechWarrior wears a neuro helmet, a cooling vest, boxers or briefs, and combat boots... Not pants. Cooling suits are lostech and used by the Clans at this point.

So I ask you, PGI, to take off my pants so I can pretend to be a "real" InnerSphere MechWarrior. I will even pay you to do it.

Just think of the possibilities.. Like various boxer/brief colors and patterns (i.e. plain, hearts, plaid, etc..).. Varying levels of hairiness (i.e. Smooth, normal, Italian, etc..)... Size and weight differences.. And of course different looks for different genders.

Back in November 2012 I created a thread about this, which was archived for whatever reason in early July 2013:

http://mwomercs.com/...emove-my-pants/

Needless to say there is support for PGI to take off our pants for MC.

So please PGI, take off my pants so I can share more disposable income with you.

Thanks!

#2 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'd pay even more MC for a Star League era cooling suit like Jeremiah Rose. The Clan combat thong worn by the dude being electrocuted or something would be a great release for when the Clans invade for player customizability!

Posted Image

#3 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hell yeah !

#4 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

They don't have UnderArmor Garments in the 31st century?

#5 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

http://youtu.be/nys0i_FRjTI
I wear no pants

Commando 1B 4life

Edited by Timuroslav, 11 September 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#6 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 11 September 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

They do, but not in 'Mechs. It's just too hot in there. If you read any of the novels, they always strip down to underwears and even thongs, and they get all sweaty after firing just a few of their weapons. They often described how they have to contort in order to dress/undress in their cramped cockpits.

#7 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 11 September 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

under armor is not fire retardant so it's a no go for missions

#8 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Posted Image

#9 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

This simple thing - the fact PIG has put us in pants - It really drives home how little they bothered to research the IP.

#10 Xanquil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I'm thinking that the thought was we were well paid mercs/mechwarriors and could afford a combat suit. http://www.sarna.net...ior_Combat_Suit I would love to have more options to customize my pilot though, green just isn't my color. :lol:

#11 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostDocBach, on 11 September 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

under armor is not fire retardant so it's a no go for missions

http://www.botachtac...arfiremodl.html ..This must be LosTech

#12 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

thats just an under armour brand flash shirt, it won't keep you cool just keep you from being flash burned

#13 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

The naked in a cockpit lore is the worst of all the lore in Battletech.

Being naked doesn't keep you cooler. That's just a plot device designed to get people naked. This is one place where stepping away from lore is a good idea. Anyone who wants to expose naked flesh to a heat source deserves to roast like a weenie in their cockpit.

#14 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostAsakara, on 12 September 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

Actually that is an accountant.

#15 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

i dunno all those novels where the chick pilots always were captured and came out naked, that was in no way a plot device or a blatant sex appeal to the supposedly mostly teenage young adult male fan audience at all right.... right?

#16 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well, Pilots aren't being exposed directly to a heat source, like a stove. Instead, the AMBIENT heat goes up. The cooling vest makes sense. I've also read about how some pilots shave their heads. It is implied it helps with the nuero-link helmet, but it would also help in keepin you cool. The body loses heat through the extremities.
In order to be wearing clothing in such a hot enviroment, the clothing would have to be designed for it. People bring up the fact that muslims wear clothing over every inch of their body, and live in the desert, but this is actually just to keep the sun off. If it were say, 110 degrees and OVERCAST, you would be much more comfrotable running around naked. Just look at jungle tribes.
Now, since the full body cooling suit is lostech, it would make more sense if the pilots were wearing less clothing. Yes, I know the idea of a flight suit wouldn't be that hard to make, but since it is clearly stated as being lostech, then lostech it is. While it is true that the females jumping naked out of a captured mech seems like titilation, I always found it to be treated as something of a necessaity. The males characters don't react to the nakedness in a lewd way. Because Mech combat is supposed to ebe conducted in a civilized manner, it s no more strange that defeating a swahili warrior. Sure, they're naked, but that don't mean they don't deserve respect. Censorship has made the issue a lot more complicated than it needs to be.
The Scottish Highlanders used to fight completely naked. I doubt they british were being turned on by the sight of blue-painted men charging them with nothing but a claymore and a fierce grin.
Anyway, Since so much has already been sacrificed, lore wise, I really think the option - READ OPTION! to depants your pilot should be a big deal to PGI. Personally, I am hoping for some avatar creation options. I'd like my pilot to reflect my piloting. And since they have hinted at bring about ejection options, I think it would be cool to see a little pilot go shooting up out of the top of the mech in not much besides his boots, some briefs, and an embarrased look because he got his ride all shot up.
At the very least, us Founders ought to be given the option, right?

#17 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostThe Shredder, on 14 September 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

At the very least, us Founders ought to be given the option, right?

I'm off to start a petition for Founders tag booty shorts!

#18 Deadmeat313

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationPreston - UK

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

I sit at my computer playing in my boxer shorts. Sometimes a vest too.

I've made a helmet by cutting a small octagonally-shaped hole in a large wastepaper basket and attaching wires at the back.

#19 Lishta

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMy Living Room

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

I don't mind this idea at all, so long as i have female legs, and not great big hairy man legs.

#20 samuel2213

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Couldn't they just invest in a fan and call it a day?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users