Fps Fix For Old Computers And/or Dual Core Machines

85 replies to this topic

#1 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

original post here: http://mwomercs.com/...08632&p=2140878

for some unknown phenomenon people cant reply anymore so i am reposting.

some of my other fixes:
1. http://mwomercs.com/...llation-needed/
2. http://mwomercs.com/...s-7-preferable/

***READ THE README IMPORTANT FOLLOW ALL STEPS***
***BACKUP THE FILES BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING***

***auto .bat script provided still working on it

(For high end users open up the user.cfg file with notepad and change or remove the FPS limiter to something higher)

DO IT YOURSELF KNOW HOW
Create 2 files with notepad read the other steps for more info.

[user.cfg and auto.bat]

1. "user.cfg" <<<create this file>>>

copy and paste this in here:

Spoiler

2. "system.cfg"

Spoiler

3. "systemoverride.cfg" <<<may have to create this file>>>

Spoiler

4. "auto.bat" <<<create this file>>>

copy and paste this into here

Spoiler

5. READ ME IMPORTANT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS

Spoiler

and why i did it:

For the sake of the argument i'll use "dx" but in reality it is "cry" something.

The game hates dx11 when i tell it to use it. But when i rename it to dx10 and tell it to run it. It does, and does a great job at it too. so it actually uses dx11.

This will give you a massive fps jump if you're using a dual core machine, a laptop, or even a single core machine.

People with Quad cores will not notice anything, though you may want to do it for a smoother playback then go ahead.

Edited by DeerSpotter, 17 October 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#2 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Reserved for updates

1. Hey anybody with better performance increases with the dx11 pm me please. I want to know what the ratio of improvement is. Thank you!

12-6-13 - Still working on the shaders, figure out how to remove certain ones from rendering, seems to me its bringing back the frozen city ice glitches, :/ but frame rates are higher and i can live with that its a fair tradeoff well ill see what i can do... keep checking back for updates..

1-6-14 - Found the shader bypass, looking to see how to make it work via .cfg I dont want users modifying Files. SweetFX did nothing either.

Edited by DeerSpotter, 06 January 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#3 Shar Shoggothim

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

What about legality? I thought it was stated that only the user.cfg may be configured...so changing the system.cfg or systemoverride.cfg could lead to bans and stuff like that...?

Also, if I don't have a user.cfg and create it, are the values above under user.cfg the only ones I need to paste into it?

Thanks.

#4 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostShar Shoggothim, on 11 October 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

What about legality? I thought it was stated that only the user.cfg may be configured...so changing the system.cfg or systemoverride.cfg could lead to bans and stuff like that...?

Also, if I don't have a user.cfg and create it, are the values above under user.cfg the only ones I need to paste into it?

Thanks.

There is nothing you can put into the .cfg files that will give you an advantage over other players. With my experience with CryEngine you can only put values in there that will modify appearance. The reason you have to modify the system and systemoverride.cfg is so you will be sure that this works.

When i first released this fix, publically. They put up a systemoverride.cfg up so we wont have to touch the system.cfg file, because if you don't know what you're doing you could screw up your game through there. But i need you guys to modify both. Just so you will know that this works first. Then if you want you could revert the original system.cfg file back.

Ever since i played this game i am using this workaround. After every patch i go through the steps, this is the only thing that makes it playable for me.

Please Note:

I tested this for 2 months with players from my clan until i realised that there are so many ppl complaining about FPS so i posted it.

Oh and yeh paste the stuff into user.cfg or create it and paste...whichever way it should work..

Edited by DeerSpotter, 11 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#5 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

[coughs]

Mind if i ask you "why all the redundant settings?" More then one "sys_physics_GPU = x", for example, seems to be a mistake …

Edited by Goose, 12 October 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#6 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Thank you very much sir, this has boosted my fps by quite a margin, and also seems to have improved the stability of the game for me, far less occasions where the game locks up so far, love your work....Cheers

#7 Erik

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'll give this a try when I get out of this game. If this works, I will kiss you.

#8 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostGoose, on 12 October 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

[coughs]

Mind if i ask you "why all the redundant settings?" More then one "sys_physics_GPU = x", for example, seems to be a mistake …

because i don't know which one works so i start from one and end at 2. From my experience one of those is "enable"

regards,
deer

View PostErik, on 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

I'll give this a try when I get out of this game. If this works, I will kiss you.

any luck?

View PostPetard, on 14 October 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Thank you very much sir, this has boosted my fps by quite a margin, and also seems to have improved the stability of the game for me, far less occasions where the game locks up so far, love your work....Cheers

there's too many people that doubt this, it truly works. Thanks for the feedback!

#9 Cryptek

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for this DeerSpotter. It worked great on my dual core laptop. Frame rates are much smoother and stay around the 30 mark more often, also this did nothing on my quad core desktop just like you said.

#10 Erik

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'm not really sure. It's not worse. I am hoping it makes the game more stable. Since sometime this year, I crash like every five games.

#11 BafGandalf

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thanks!

#12 Erik

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

It seems like this has really made a difference in stopping the game from freezing. I can't see any large, noticeable FPS gains (I still lag pretty bad with thermals on ice city) but it takes care of a much more important and annoying bug.

#13 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Unfortunately, this caused constant CTD's with me, which were instant when logging into an mp game, and often when in training grounds.

#14 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Works fine, thank you.

I set the max FPS to 40 and it works good. Sometimes i go down for a sec to 24 but not very often.

#15 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postpaxmortis, on 17 October 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Works fine, thank you.

I set the max FPS to 40 and it works good. Sometimes i go down for a sec to 24 but not very often.

Glad it worked for you!

View Postsj mausgmr, on 17 October 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Unfortunately, this caused constant CTD's with me, which were instant when logging into an mp game, and often when in training grounds.

did you get CTD's before this?

View PostCryptek, on 15 October 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Thanks for this DeerSpotter. It worked great on my dual core laptop. Frame rates are much smoother and stay around the 30 mark more often, also this did nothing on my quad core desktop just like you said.

Yeah a lot of people are doing that on their laptops. :)

#16 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

I did, but not as soon as the round started, and only on occasion, not all the time, very odd.

#17 DeerSpotter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

View Postsj mausgmr, on 17 October 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

I did, but not as soon as the round started, and only on occasion, not all the time, very odd.

try this, this might fix it.

http://mwomercs.com/...s-7-preferable/

#18 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I see the trick to tell it run as DX10 is it ! OK OK..
Hell some of us have been waiting for DX11 from PGI for over a year...

I am one of those with an old cpu but a powerful GPU.. I have to try this.

#19 Shar Shoggothim

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Well, tried it and got absolutely nothing...exactly the same fps as before and i don't see any difference whatsoever...

#20 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Maybe you have a bad GPU? I have a HD 3000 and I have next to no performance gains, but I have noticed an increase in stability and smoothness. Believe me, you need all the smoothness you can get at 13-15 fps!

Maybe you could walk me through how to even out the load between my HD 3000 and my B940 @ 2 Ghz CPU DeerSpotter? I am hoping to have 100% load on both without one being unbalanced.

With DX9, I have 100% CPU load always and very low GPU usage maybe round 30%.

With DX11, I get 50-60% CPU load and always 100% GPU load except on menus.

Hopefully I can balance out the load between the two to maximize performance and keep temps in a decent range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users