#41 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostC0VVB3LL, on 16 October 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

But, PGI cant sell maps like they do mechs though... or can they?

So with the currently high cost of Hero and special MC only mechs, a new map would be $50? Once you pay for it then it gets added to your rotation? Sounds like adding new tracks on iRacing. I'd stop playing this game over that kind of insanity.

#42 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Sellings maps is a dumb idea, thats just divides the player base and creates enormous negativity. You remember the last time some IGP **** tried to force third person... tho they suceeded it created quite a shatstorm for months! You should burn in hell COVVB3LL.

Edited by ManDaisy, 03 November 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#43 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'd like to see new maps as well. There's a thread floating around here that has a number of decent ideas.

I would imagine that the reason we don't see all that many new maps is the amount of work involved.

View PostManDaisy, on 03 November 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

You should burn in hell COVVB3LL.

That seems unnecessarily aggressive.

#44 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

All I can say is how come they keep releasing new maps if they haven't fixed River City yet?

#45 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostXPH Aku, on 03 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

All I can say is how come they keep releasing new maps if they haven't fixed River City yet?

What's the issue with River City? I haven't known of one since they fixed the dreaded 5fps bug around a year ago.

#46 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostXPH Aku, on 03 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the smaller maps get either removed or revamped for CW.

#47 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

They could always give us night version of some of the maps like alpine , canyon, crimson, and caustic. Mayeb a heavy fog version or heavy rain. Something to change the battle. Would love to login and drop and find the damn on river city has burst and everything has been flooded and some thing washed away, some place now impassable. Though they could flood the map and make use of the out of bounds area on top of the mountain were those building are would really be nice...

#48 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostBront, on 03 November 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the smaller maps get either removed or revamped for CW.

Frozen City, River City, and Forest Colony all desperately need to be revamped and enlarged. They are the by far worst maps in the rotation right now.

Edited by mwhighlander, 03 November 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#49 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

plz give light or total darkness to my eyes not twilight.

http://en.wikipedia....Purkinje_effect

#50 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Nothing wrong with River City in my eyes.

Yes, I would like to see varied conditions on all maps really. An ash storm on Terra Derpa. Night time in Caustic Valley. Heavy snow at night on Alpine Peaks. Canyon Network flooded with torrential rains and slippery sides. Heck, burst the dam on River City causing lost bridges and collapsed buildings in low town. Blinding daylight on Frozen city.

Lots of options.

Most of all, it'd be nice to have varied drop points and cap points too of the same maps so you never quite know what to do right away.

#51 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

There is a glitch in the map where you can go inside a building on Citadel and hide. Had an Atlas do it one match and since he had no JJ's he was stuck. So I left him and helped my team kill the other 11, then returned and poked through the building enough to kill him. To which he then started asking how.....please....like that's a new thing.

#52 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

*BUMP

Hey Devs, any map news to tease us with? Working on any variants of existing maps?

#53 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Here are a few map concepts for inspiration... :rolleyes:

http://mwomercs.com/...pts-1200-votes/

#54 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

IMO it would help, when PGI starts implementing more map variations like weather, dust, temperatur, time ...

Or making this effects dynamic for example changing weather or a map starting at night and the sun rises or wind has an effect on projectiles.

TBH, i dont believe to see something like this in MWO.

A suggestion for a new map: Underwatermap.

#55 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm going to keep bumping this one. I think we have a good mix of mechs right now (well, okay a LOT of people are running championship Centurions, for some odd reason...), not that I wouldn't mind seeing a Zeus, Hatchetman, and/or King Crab, but I'd much rather see a glut of maps make their way into this game.

A true city map; an underwater map where everyone's slowed down, jump jets and autocannons don't work, etc; how about any of these map designs:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mapsheet

And far lower priority, but it would be nice to at least be able to knock over trees or stomp cars.

#56 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

We were told back when Crimson Straits was released, that we would get a new map every 2 months or so. Well we're at the 'or so' portion, so I'm hopingn we get a surprise map in the next 2 patches or they're punching out lots of maps and stockpiling them for CW for a huge release.

I'm hoping that's the case... but upon hearing nothing since HPG Manifold on the next map.... I'm wondering if that will be stuck to.

#57 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

New maps will be restricted to night versions of Tourmaline, Crimson Straight, Forest Colony, and Terra Therma! Look forward to using Night Vision on all these new maps coming in 2014!

#58 Alexander Fury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada, So expect permanent winter camo.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I would like to see a full on desert. Rolling hills of sand to break up the terrain a bit but bassically to big open desert. Could be fun.

#59 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

I think a jungle could be made from the canyon network, made shallow with swamp water and mud.

#60 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 October 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

That didn't actually happen.

Making commitments and not meeting them ... seems to be a familiar occurrence with PGI.

View PostAlexander Fury, on 24 March 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

I would like to see a full on desert. Rolling hills of sand to break up the terrain a bit but bassically to big open desert.

MWLL's Sandblasted was a great map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users