Posting This Every Patch - Please Fix Srms!

30 replies to this topic

#1 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Title says it all. Please either give us an update to your plans in a Command Chair post, or please just fix the hit registration for SRMs already.

It's frustrating because I really want to use them, but right now it's kind of pointless!

As I said in the Patch Feedback thread, either fix them or make them shoot puppies and rainbows at our opponents. At least them they'd be fun to use and/or look at.

Posted Image

Other than that I love the game. Still needs some work, and still a lot to look forward to, but SRMs have seriously been broken forever.

*pardon my horrible MS Paint skills*

Edited by NuclearPanda, 30 October 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#2 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

Not only srms works good, also several shots of gauss, ac20 and AC5s shot on static targets fail miserably to get registered without painting the crosshair red. Also sometimes even the PPCs, hit registration isn't properly working by a long time.

#3 Father Tork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

Out of curiosity what is your Ping?
I ask cause I've had no problems with SRMs hit registery

#4 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostFather Tork, on 30 October 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

My ping is a consistent 35ms or less. Even if I decide to stream live on Twitch I only shoot up to maybe 45-50ish? The one constant is the fact that SRMs have been borked for a long time.

Even running in a Battlemaster 1S (4xML and 4xSRM6+Artemis) I rarely hit with them. It's not my aim at all. I can be POINT BLANK, unleash a salvo of 24 SRMs (with Artemis targeting) directly into someone's back and watch the paper doll either not register or hardly do any damage at all. This should not happen.

#5 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostFather Tork, on 30 October 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

I would suggest playing closer attention to your damage at the end of the match, its been acknowledged as a known issue with srm hit detection.

The target will certainly flash all over the place, but a lot of missiles simply deal no damage. It looks like they made some incremental progress on this based on the notes in the patch log.

#6 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 30 October 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

I would suggest playing closer attention to your damage at the end of the match, its been acknowledged as a known issue with srm hit detection.

The target will certainly flash all over the place, but a lot of missiles simply deal no damage. It looks like they made some incremental progress on this based on the notes in the patch log.

Yeah, I've tested it by only running with SRMs and not firing my lasers or anything. The damage done at the end of the match is grossly off from what it should actually be.

(No, I don't expect to be having 1000+ damage rounds. I just want my SRMs to register as hitting. I wouldn't mind if they lowered damage back to what it was supposed to be as long as they actually HIT targets especially when I'm using Artemis!)

#7 LCRacerX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

I feel like chain firing helps some. This is totally unscientific, but I feel like more missiles register when there are fewer hitting at once. In any case, it'd be nice to have effective SRM loadouts.

Walking up behind an unmoving Blackjack, unleashing 20+ SRMS into their rear armor to only see the left leg & arm flash is pretty frustrating. Sold my C4 Cat because it didn't seem like SRMs would be fixed any time soon.

#8 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostLCRacerX, on 30 October 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

I feel like chain firing helps some. This is totally unscientific, but I feel like more missiles register when there are fewer hitting at once. In any case, it'd be nice to have effective SRM loadouts.

Walking up behind an unmoving Blackjack, unleashing 20+ SRMS into their rear armor to only see the left leg & arm flash is pretty frustrating. Sold my C4 Cat because it didn't seem like SRMs would be fixed any time soon.

I can confirm that chainfiring does NOT help as far as I can tell. I've used multiple loadouts and multiple builds. SRMs are wrecked to use at the moment.

#9 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostLCRacerX, on 30 October 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

I also suspect that unintended "invincibility frames" exist when a target gets hit with lots of things at once. It would explain the horrible hit detection on SRM's, probably some of the LRM's problems, and why the LBX-10 sometimes seems to do nothing.

I've given up on SRM's and I once did about 290 damage to a Shadowhawk with a pair of LBX-10's. That was basically all I did that match - I walked over to a cap point, engaged that mech, noticed that he just wouldn't die, so I just kept shooting him until I died as an experiment. End of match = 290 damage, no kills. No idea how that's even possible, though I guess those shots in theory hit if they counted as damage, but the mech didn't die, which makes no sense - I was close enough that every shot should have been hitting something other than legs.

Edited by oldradagast, 30 October 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#10 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 30 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I also suspect that unintended "invincibility frames" exist when a target gets hit with lots of things at once. It would explain the horrible hit detection on SRM's, probably some of the LRM's problems, and why the LBX-10 sometimes seems to do nothing.

I've given up on SRM's and I once did about 290 damage to a Shadowhawk with a pair of LBX-10's. That was basically all I did that match - I walked over to a cap point, engaged that mech, noticed that he just wouldn't die, so I just kept shooting him until I died as an experiment. End of match = 290 damage, no kills. No idea how that's even possible, though I guess those shots in theory hit if they counted as damage, but the mech didn't die, which makes no sense - I was close enough that every shot should have been hitting something other than legs.

Exactly. I can walk up behind an Atlas with my SRMs, circle strafe him and unload every.... single.... SRM blast.... into...his....back....

.....and barely do any damage. It's borked.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 30 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I've noticed that part of the HSR oddity is that the damage really doesn't match up with how much damage you'd think you have dealt. When PPCs+Gauss were at its height, I believe lots of the alphas that were pretty much point blank on the target registered a hit through the red crosshair, but the paperdoll did not update or update by much. It tells me that the game records the damage you dealt much differently than what the server saw it to be, and awarded you as such (you benefit in the rewards... instead of needing to do 600 damage or so to win, you'd have to do something like 800-900 damage instead).

Edited by Deathlike, 30 October 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#12 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

PGI really needs to consider making SRMs into a lock on weapon that hits like SSRMs but turns much slower and with a chance for some of the missiles to lose target (like in TT) then if/when they fix HSR for SRMs they can add dumbfire ammo with a slight damage bonus.

Easy fix to complex problem and it helps balance SRMs vs clan SSRMs.

#13 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

No, they really don't need to do that at all. They need to fix what they have.

#14 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostBanditman, on 30 October 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

No, they really don't need to do that at all. They need to fix what they have.

Exactly. Just fix the hit detection!!!! I don't see why it's such a ridiculously difficult thing for them to accomplish.

#15 Father Tork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 30 October 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Yea i was doing this the other night, both with SSrms, and normal SRMs. The only time my damage wasn't near the range it should have been is if I was firing between Long and Max range, but within 200m The math was close enough to be correct.

#16 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 30 October 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

Exactly. Just fix the hit detection!!!! I don't see why it's such a ridiculously difficult thing for them to accomplish.

Yes just fix a complicated custom piece of code that is interacting in an odd way with another random bit of code that was altered in a patch months ago which makes SRMs not register hits properly. My guess is they either don't know where that interaction is or the problem is complicated and changing that one piece of code breaks other things.

#17 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 30 October 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Yes just fix a complicated custom piece of code that is interacting in an odd way with another random bit of code that was altered in a patch months ago which makes SRMs not register hits properly. My guess is they either don't know where that interaction is or the problem is complicated and changing that one piece of code breaks other things.

I am sure it is complicated, but A) there has been no recent "hey we're working on this" announcements and B) they put a band-aid on the problem and walked away (increased the "damage" of them even though they don't connect hits!)

Maybe they just need to bring back splash damage in SOME regard. Not to the extent it was before but maybe giving it a very slight buff would help. I would take a damage nerf in it's place if they did something like that.

#18 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostFather Tork, on 30 October 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Yea i was doing this the other night, both with SSrms, and normal SRMs. The only time my damage wasn't near the range it should have been is if I was firing between Long and Max range, but within 200m The math was close enough to be correct.

I'd suggest using your profile stats to measure damage rather than match statistics, that way you isolate the specific weapon group. I think theres a website/app that actually automates the tracking of that, but since im paranoid about using 3rd party stuff i'd just recommend writing down your total damage + rounds fired, play a match then wait for the stats to update.

I'm hoping its a quick update of 10-15mins like when the challenges are on, just play a different mech without srms while waiting. (or even just change launcher size).

#19 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Remember the times when you could kill a spider with a single SRM salvo?
http://www.youtube.c...JFHRZhGvzk#t=41

#20 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

Haven't touched any of my SRM mechs in months because of this.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users