Elite: Dangerous

552 replies to this topic

#381 Titan Zero

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

[color=#959595]^You've got some nice Cred there.. how about sharing some of that with a lowly nOOb to help with the purchase of a Cobra? Eh?.. eh?[/color]
[color=#959595]grab a hauler and do some mineing in it. Will get you a corbra in no time.[/color]

If you cant afford that then hop in sidewinder and mine in it. till you get hauler.

#382 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

View Postt Khrist, on 11 May 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Currently on my way back to inhabited space from about 300 LY's out exploring. It's been a long voyage skipping a mere 13 LY's at a time. Lot's of fun though, and should make enough to get that Cobra ;).

That's a short trip. ;)
If you want to explore without spending to much money fit a Type 6 for exploration.
The maximum jump range of the T6 is only 2 LYs shorter compared to the Asp, and you can fit a Size 5 Fuel Scoop.
The cobra isn't bad either, but you are limited to class 3 fuel scoops.

#383 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostAugust55, on 12 May 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

They probably took some time to make sure to get stuff like that working before even announcing it.

Posted Image

#384 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostAlreech, on 12 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

That's a short trip. ;)
If you want to explore without spending to much money fit a Type 6 for exploration.
The maximum jump range of the T6 is only 2 LYs shorter compared to the Asp, and you can fit a Size 5 Fuel Scoop.

Now we're talking about exploring, my lil' Hauler is still hanging somewhere between Jellyfish and Monkey Head nebula....

Gotta complete the trip, make it to Monkey Head then Crab and hopefully I'll be back to my home system before 1.3 goes live.

#385 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostAlreech, on 12 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

That's a short trip. ;)

Well, it's a long one in an Eagle with a Basic Scanner. I was bounty hunting for a bit, and found that to be pretty lucrative, but wanted to go explore. Now I have my Cobra with four gimballed multicannons and raking in the Credits. Just chillin' at Nav. Beacons wasting anyone with a WANTED tag. Tried mining for a bit, but didn't feel like getting into researching the best spots/strategies/what to look for until I have cred to spend on a nice mining rig.

I was interested in the Cobra due to it's all around capabilities fitting my finicky playstyles until I can save up enough for a sweet ship.

Edited by t Khrist, 13 May 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#386 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

What controls are you using? I am leaning towards full keyboard control.

#387 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

View Postlunticasylum, on 13 May 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

What controls are you using? I am leaning towards full keyboard control.

Saitek X52pro.

10 years ago i bough Star Lancer for 5 Euros (it was in a huge pile of reduced games). After one weekend, i went to the shop to buy a cheap joystick (Saitek ST 290, still in use for movement in MWO).
Noticed that those cheap joystick didn't have a twist axis -> went to the same shop the next weekend to buy an other cheap one from Speedlink.
Those thing was less precise than the Saitek..., and then i found a reduced Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS i switch to those
I started to play other games with the stick: Battlefield 2, First Strike (Star Wars mod for Battlefield 2142) and Freespace 2 SPC and its mods like Diaspora (Battlestar Galactica) and Wing Commander Saga.

After getting a good bonus from the company i'm still working i spend a part of it for the X52pro. It's much more precise than the T-Flight HOTAS.
And the moral of the story: don't buy cheap games from the bargain bin, the may cost you a lot of money for new hardware ;)

Or go for the real thing and don't spend money on cheap joysticks.

#388 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

Might check out Elite, got bored with WarThunder, so am looking for something to fill its spot as my other game. I like games with high skill and learning curves.
I always still play MWO, its not a 2015 version of MW4 Mercenaries, which is what I would like, but its still smashy smashy robots.
I play against other humans which pc just can't replicate. This means any disadvantage that is caused by bugs and bad coding is a shared aspect of the competition of 12 minds vs 12 minds. We all know what is broken and take advantage of it whether you realize it. When they fix stuff it pisses people off because it takes away a favorite exploit. It makes the competition more of a challenge, but hey I have Jenners and Ravens that I play.

So, on that note, off to grind Cbills in an over powered assault, love my smashy smashy robots.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 14 May 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#389 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

So I now have my Cobra outfitted with everything at around a 'C' in the highest class it can take. I'm able to waste any wanted NPC without even loosing shields (except for those damned 'Elite' pilots, they can be tricky, or unless it's an Anaconda with a skill higher than dangerous). My jump range is just under 17 LY's I believe, and I'm wondering what to do next. Was thinking about some more exploring since NPC bounty hunting's luster is quickly waning. Though the PvP scene has its appeal as well. Noticed a post about a week ago on the Federation reddit having to do with some blockade about a 100 LY's from my current position. Anyone have any comments or advice about getting into PvP with groups? Do you think my wee little Cobra could hold its own? The whole situation seems decently complex. Tips, ideas, suggestions about group conflicts?

Edited by t Khrist, 16 May 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#390 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

Anyone know how I can find a capital ship fight?

#391 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

So how's everyone liking PP so far? Haven't had too much time to get into it yet. Signed with President Hudson at first but then defected to the #10 underdog Antal to see if I could help save that faction from oblivion. Plus it was where I felt my actions could actually play a decent part. The grind for merits is a little bit much for my time frame but I hope to make Rank 3 at least. Thoughts?

#392 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

View Postt Khrist, on 09 June 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

So how's everyone liking PP so far? Haven't had too much time to get into it yet. Signed with President Hudson at first but then defected to the #10 underdog Antal to see if I could help save that faction from oblivion. Plus it was where I felt my actions could actually play a decent part. The grind for merits is a little bit much for my time frame but I hope to make Rank 3 at least. Thoughts?

I haven't played in a while. I won an art contest and was gifted a copy of Witcher 3. It's been.... difficult focusing. :)

Posted Image

(Needless to say, the competition was pretty non-existent. :) )

#393 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

I just got into ED not too long ago myself. I'm bouncing around the Pillars of Creation in my Adder right now, but plan to try out PowerPlay for a bit when I get back.

#394 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

View PostPastor Priest, on 15 June 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

I just got into ED not too long ago myself. I'm bouncing around the Pillars of Creation in my Adder right now, but plan to try out PowerPlay for a bit when I get back.

I wish you luck on your journey back sir. Enjoy the sights, I hope to explore them myself someday.

#395 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

Adder earned me Cobra very fast.

Need money for modules... Now I have 24 tons of tobacco and nobody in this part of the galaxy wants to buy it (illegal goods) !!!
O.K. I will admit... They needed wine, so I thought maybe they will pay higher for a smoke...

#396 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostExoForce, on 22 June 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Adder earned me Cobra very fast.

Need money for modules... Now I have 24 tons of tobacco and nobody in this part of the galaxy wants to buy it (illegal goods) !!!
O.K. I will admit... They needed wine, so I thought maybe they will pay higher for a smoke...

A reasonable assumption. I earned my Cobra in not too long with the eagle. I like the Cobra a lot, decent jump range, excellent bounty hunter, and enough module/cargo space to dabble in mining/trading if I get bored with endlessly killing NPC's.

How do you like your Cobra?

Edited by t Khrist, 22 June 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#397 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

Pulled off this gem a few weeks back. Thought I'd post it for laughs.

Edited by t Khrist, 27 June 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#398 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

I love Elite. I hate human Bounty Hunters. Even the nice ones. Enjoy. :)

#399 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 13 July 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

I love Elite. I hate human Bounty Hunters. Even the nice ones. Enjoy. :)

Alpha strikes! Alpha strikes everywhere! :ph34r:

#400 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostMystere, on 13 July 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Alpha strikes! Alpha strikes everywhere! :ph34r:

Hehehe. I think I dumped two or three heatsinks there. Durn quad rails are HOT! But they tear through stuff better than anything else if you can handle the learning curve to use them. Shooting an ASP is easy. Shooting small stuff like Vipers... that's another story.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users