Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Please Let Us Put Camo Patterns On Founders, Hero, Phoenix And Invasion Mechs (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to select camo patterns on Founders, Hero, Phoenix and Invasion Mechs?

1. Yes (352 votes [91.43%])

Percentage of vote: 91.43%

2. No (33 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

^And everyone should have the same limitations on their special 'Mechs that you would voluntarily apply? Just because you would continue to use the same unique patterns is no justification for forcing everyone else to do the same. Giving players more freedom and choice is always a good thing. Making the patterns optional instead of unchangeable only brings more satisfaction to more people. You can keep the unique patterns if you want, and they can change them if they want. Nobody actually loses anything with this system. Not even you.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 29 March 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#102 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 29 March 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

^And everyone should have the same limitations on their special 'Mechs that you would voluntarily apply? Just because you would continue to use the same unique patterns is no justification for forcing everyone else to do the same. Giving players more freedom and choice is always a good thing. Making the patterns optional instead of unchangeable only brings more satisfaction to more people. You can keep the unique patterns if you want, and they can change them if they want. Nobody actually loses anything with this system. Not even you.

Well, this is a vote, and I vote my opinion. You do not have to agree. In my opinion, special mechs should remain special, in particular Hero mechs. This should in my opinion apply to both unique geometry and patterns. This brings diversity to the battlefield, and fielding special mechs is cool. Yes, this limits the freedom to do changes, but let us be honest does it really matter if a few mechs remains special? In my opinion, no…

When I encounter an 500$ golden Timber, I’d like it to be golden… Don’t know it you’re able to change colors on that one though…

Edited by Serpentbane, 30 March 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#103 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

Ever heard the phrase "your freedoms end where others' rights begin?" I hate hearing it, personally. Primarily because it's almost never true as used. But a similar concept does apply here - your preferences cease being valid once they require other people to be forced into them. Example:

View PostSerpentbane, on 30 March 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

When I encounter an 500$ golden Timber, I’d like it to be golden…

What difference does it make what you would like someone else's 'Mech to look like? Your likes and dislikes should only be relevant to your own 'Mechs. If you had a golden TW, you could keep it gold. That doesn't justify forcing other people to dot the same if they don't want to. There is no good reason to limit other people's preferences based on what you like.

You can have any opinion you want, but opinions are not valid just for existing. Frankly, this opinion you're expressing is not only lacking in any kind of logic, it's also extremely solipsistic. "I like green, so I vote that only green paint be legal for houses!" Ridiculous.

#104 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostBloodweaver, on 30 March 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Ever heard the phrase "your freedoms end where others' rights begin?" I hate hearing it, personally. Primarily because it's almost never true as used. But a similar concept does apply here - your preferences cease being valid once they require other people to be forced into them. Example:

What difference does it make what you would like someone else's 'Mech to look like? Your likes and dislikes should only be relevant to your own 'Mechs. If you had a golden TW, you could keep it gold. That doesn't justify forcing other people to dot the same if they don't want to. There is no good reason to limit other people's preferences based on what you like.

You can have any opinion you want, but opinions are not valid just for existing. Frankly, this opinion you're expressing is not only lacking in any kind of logic, it's also extremely solipsistic. "I like green, so I vote that only green paint be legal for houses!" Ridiculous.

What's the point in having a vote if I'm not allowed to state my PERSONAL opinion? You having a different opinion than me does not make your opinion right.

In my opinion, certain mechs are signature mechs. They are special and in my opinion should remain special. As I wrote I own such mechs myself, and therefore my vote is not just limiting others, but myself as well.

#105 JadeWolf01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBoise Idaho

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

I think if someone paid $500 real money for a gold Mech and now wants to pay more to paint it in camo colors I am okay with that. The more money PGI makes on a regular basis from this game the better chance of more resources being devoted to this game.

#106 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

please god let me deside on what camo spec i want on my Invasion mech that i PAID for

#107 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostSerpentbane, on 02 April 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

You having a different opinion than me does not make your opinion right.

No, logic and reason are what make your opinion wrong. You keep saying "I have a right to an opinion" as if that makes any difference - it doesn't. It's still wrong. See above.

#108 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:26 AM

Well heads up Mechwarriors, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel of our year long wait and struggle for camo pattern support on our beloved C-bill bonus mechs!

As posted here by Navid A1, Russ did a tweet update on Clan Invasion mechs from Wave III getting full camo support!
http://mwomercs.com/...th-clan-wave-3/
And the Invasion Camo pattern will stay reserved to only the (I) version of mechs which will only be appicable at the (I) variants.

To me this is a great solution, where the big part of the players that is dissatisfied/got tired with the race car look of the invasion pattern get the freedom to individualize their purchased mechs - while the minority of players still can feel special keeping the exclusive invasion pattern on their (I) version mechs.

So I am 1000x times more excited to get my Ebon Jaguar, Shadow Cat and Executioner now that I know I will finally be able to put Woodland or Polygone camo on them! :wub: Or maybe Smoke Jaguar or Ghost Bear parade? :) Got to get my MC ready!

:D Also Phoenix and other Special variant mechs will/might get the same options in the future! That's great news!

Edited by Ryoken, 03 June 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#109 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostCimarb, on 26 January 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

I support this and for wholly different reasons. As a Christian, some of the mechs, such as the Firebrand, have openly ******* (sat an ic) symbols on it, and I'm not one to impose my values on others, but I feel like the opposite is being done to me in this case.

I love my Firebrand for its loadout and bonuses, but paint it all black to avoid the paint job. Sadly, black is about the only color you can do this with, as any lighter color still shows the outline of the symbols. So, not only am I required to paint it a solid color, but I can only paint it black as well.

Edit: wow, the language filter blocks the word to describe the the symbols they plaster all over their mech... Just wow

This. My unit specifically disallows Firebrand ownership because of this. I'd love to buy the Jäger mastery pack and run the Firebrand but not while that's a problem. If you could strip off the occult symbology skin and replace it with, say, three color urban block or polygon, I'd be much more likely to go for it.

#110 Lichee

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

and i suggest setting some achievements for useing default hero camo patterns at 200 matchs or more.it will get great honour with default camo patterns or change them for better performance.

#111 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostDemon Horde, on 12 October 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

I know this will make me extremely unpopular , but I have to say , the idea of being able to change the founder's and hero mech camos is just silly and here is why I think so.

1. When you pay for a hero, the most unique thing about it is the camo. why would you want to change it ? which bring me to point
2. The only reason to want to change said camo , is so you blend in on the battle field ..with your ultra unique mech. It's dishonest gaming imho. The hero and founders mechs come with some really nice bells and whistles, being able to single them out on the field sort of "levels" off that advantage.
3. If PGI allowed camo swaps on those mechs they'd loose the largest form of marketing for those mechs. It would make no financial sense for PGI to allow you to hide the fact you own a special MC mech. since the casual onlooker would not recognize them as such nor would they see a pretty unique camo that says "buy me".

The idea is just silly, not saying there never needs to be a poll I just don't understand why every one is voting yes on this. Personally I proudly wear those camos (on my founder and hero mech) when I march into battle and so what if it makes me a target. If I can't stand the heat the i'll just stay out of the proverbial kitchen.

I like being able to pick out the hero and founder mech at a glance. It lets me know they are fully modified and probably in the hands of a deadly pilot.

Instead of Cammo pattern changes I would rather see Unit/House/Clan patches and flashing added for those who like to trumpet their merc unit, Clan or Sucessor House loyalty.

I fell sorry for the christians that can't use that one mech. But not to sorry.

#112 Roper Band

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

Are they still planning on allowing this?

#113 A_Crotchety_Old_Geezer

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts
  • LocationITALY

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:56 AM

BUMP

Please let me change the camo on my Phoenix mechs. At least implement faction camo on them. My Shadowhawk looks like a clown if I use Davion Colors (not considering that the Phoenix package still sports low-res textures).

The Resistance pattern too, well... it's so ugly that I have stopped using those mechs completely.

#114 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

its happening just give them time, i think a couple more are getting fixed this patch,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users