The 10 Commandments Of Y.u.p.

123 replies to this topic

#41 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

I enjoy your ideas and wish to learn more. Is there a newsletter of some sort to which I can subscribe?

#42 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 17 January 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

An island where people who actually like MW:O go

So then that's why it's such a short thread with just the OP and the same 3-4 people talking to each other

#43 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

View Post****** Cain, on 20 January 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

So then that's why it's such a short thread with just the OP and the same 3-4 people talking to each other

Yes. Because people on the forums typically have a problem with PGI/MW:O in one way or another and refuse to actually offer feedback that is realistic and constructive.

I intentionally advise people in-game away from the forums since it is full of spiteful people. But I don't see people in game complaining. They actually like the game.

#44 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

View Post****** Cain, on 20 January 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

you forgot the para-trolls who drop in from time to time in order to do what they can to disrupt things :P

#45 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 January 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

That's why I always discuss House Marik brand space bacon at the start of every match, psychological warfare. Can't fight effectively when you're thinking about scrumptious space bacon.

Actually, I've always thought that the best bacon is made from the well-fed denizens of the Lyran Confederation. But hey, I'll try Marik bacon, too!

#46 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 20 January 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Actually, I've always thought that the best bacon is made from the well-fed denizens of the Lyran Confederation. But hey, I'll try Marik bacon, too!

Marik makes the bacon, but Steiner brings it home. :rolleyes:

#47 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

And us space vikings cook it.

In our jump jet ports.

#48 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Blasphemous Bacon Begs Belittling

Believe brethren, believe

Bogus Bacon Births Bereavement

#49 Father Dougal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

I agree. I also agree with the "vote with your wallet" thing. I'm not buying Clans till I see UI 2.0

#50 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Nor should you. I'm sure not. First, I have plenty of time before the packages go away; second, there's only so much mileage that can be got out of the benefit of the doubt. All the conspiracy theories about "they just want to milk the franchise," and whatnot are simply insane drivel - but no matter the reason, if PGI can't start meeting its own goals, we're going to have to accept that whatever is wrong is systemic rather than temporary. If it reaches that point, I'll be less likely to spend more than my playing time and the odd bit MC for GXP and mech bays. Like anything, we have to budget expenditures based on what we reasonably expect to happen, not what we hope will be.

That said, I'm willing to trust PGI with the game - it really is a good start thus far; it's the timeframe that's been difficult. But before I trust them with a sizable portion of my pocket money, I'll have to see 2.0 and possibly some CW.

#51 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 21 January 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Nor should you. I'm sure not. First, I have plenty of time before the packages go away; second, there's only so much mileage that can be got out of the benefit of the doubt. All the conspiracy theories about "they just want to milk the franchise," and whatnot are simply insane drivel - but no matter the reason, if PGI can't start meeting its own goals, we're going to have to accept that whatever is wrong is systemic rather than temporary. If it reaches that point, I'll be less likely to spend more than my playing time and the odd bit MC for GXP and mech bays. Like anything, we have to budget expenditures based on what we reasonably expect to happen, not what we hope will be.

That said, I'm willing to trust PGI with the game - it really is a good start thus far; it's the timeframe that's been difficult. But before I trust them with a sizable portion of my pocket money, I'll have to see 2.0 and possibly some CW.

same here.

#52 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

I will probably be buying. I am too lazy to save up for the Mechs :lol: (that and they are pricey).

But, I will be waiting. The game seems to be going in the right direction (it was already pretty good, but there was some lack of content), but a lot can change in a short time.

#53 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Well, depending on your level of cynicism, Russ stated a week or so ago on twitter that after UI2.0 things should start coming rather quickly. I figure I'll know one way or the other by about mid-March on whether I'll be buying a clan pack or not. If I buy one I know I'll be plopping down for the Masakari though lol

#54 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

I haven't decided what all I will/won't buy if I go for a package. The only requirement is the Mad Cat - the others I'll go with based on what their hardpoint locations look like.

#55 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 January 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

That's why I always discuss House Marik brand space bacon at the start of every match, psychological warfare. Can't fight effectively when you're thinking about scrumptious space bacon.

9 out of 10 people agree*

*not based on actual statistics.

#56 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm still not sold on the idea that bacon made from Marik citizens is intrinsically tastier than other kinds of bacon. Now, we know historically that "Canadian bacon" was once considered such a delicacy, but this bacon is sadly extinct after the long centuries of war after the collapse of the Star League.

#57 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

If you EVER use the "C" word in regards to bacon you will be excommunicated and forced to make the graphs and math forumals for forumites for a year.....

9 out of 10 agree???
pshaw I say

Bacon (:huh: is inferior to Marik Space Bacon (MSB) and has a direct correlation to Troll Factor (T) and gets tastier when used as a trolling tool.
so
(B<MSB)+T/time = 9 out of 10 with the 1 anomaly obviously being either a lying troll OR a former pilot who lost their taste buds in a tragic "Flamer used to toast my marshmallows accident" (Who hasn't been there before, am I right fellas?)

Alternatively
(MSB+T)T^2/MSB/taste per second = MSB>than all other bacons. FACT

#58 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

N.O.P.E.

Posted Image

Edited by IqfishLP, 23 January 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#59 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

All I hear is your repressed sadness at the lost bacons of yore.

#60 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Heathens!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users