Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#461 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Okay very good question

I did put another post up in general about double charges or other charge errors

However I just talked with Kyle....what you need to do is select Elite as an upgrade rather than buying two veterans.

What I suggest doing is do the elite upgrade right now and it should charge you 30$ to upgrade to elite then get your refund for the 30$ you spent on the second veteran

End result should be 60$ as it should be

I can't do this because the website say's I'm already Elite.

#462 WM Atimar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Does anyone know how many maps will be on start up and match types ? like conquest, rush, death match.. will there any npc content ? and is there anywhere to look up the damage, and heat and range of current weapons on beta.

any help appricated

#463 The Original Prankster

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Can you buy extra mech bay slots ingame (like you get with Elite and Legendary), and how much will they cost if you can?

#464 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Are our passwords safe? Recently many databases have been hacked and we speak about a lot of money for something I can use in the future. LinkedIn, Last.fm, League of Legends had to tell their users to change passwords, and obviously the hashed passwords weren't even salted. Do you use the most recent algorithms for password safety?

#465 General Panties

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postkelmar6821, on 19 June 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

The difference between me spending 0$ and $60 is whether or not i can put ppcs on my founders catapult. I don't understand what this primevariant stuff is, its been over a month since I read the mechlab devblog. Can i get a quick answer to this question

Thank you very much.

Someone else will have to give you a "hard" confirmation, but as I understand the Prime loadouts and how weapons/equipment get assigned, then the answer would be no.

#466 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

The difference between me spending 0$ and $60 is whether or not i can put ppcs on my founders catapult. I don't understand what this primevariant stuff is, its been over a month since I read the mechlab devblog. Can i get a quick answer to this question

The short answer is "No, it won't let you".

The slightly longer answer is, weapons mount onto a certain hardpoint style. So, if your mech has a mount for a laser, you have to mount some combination of lasers at that point. You couldn't strap on a gauss rifle instead.

In the case of the CPLT-C1 (The Prime variant of the Catapult) you have LRM-15s on the "arms". So, you have to mount missle pods there.

Edit: Correction/Addenum by Russ on the next page

Edited by Wraeththix Constantine, 19 June 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#467 B B Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 746 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Dear Devs,

Did you know that you're awesome? You should!

#468 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostArchSight, on 19 June 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

I can't do this because the website say's I'm already Elite.

ArchSight I am looking into this for you

#469 Crisis Averted

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGalway, Ireland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thank you very much.

You can't. You want the K2 variant.

Edited by Crisis Averted, 19 June 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#470 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

The difference between me spending 0$ and $60 is whether or not i can put ppcs on my founders catapult. I don't understand what this primevariant stuff is, its been over a month since I read the mechlab devblog. Can i get a quick answer to this question Thank you very much.

Sure a prime variant has 4 medium lasers so beam hard points...so long as you make the room you can put PPC's on it.

View PostWraeththix Constantine, on 19 June 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

The short answer is "No, it won't let you". The slightly longer answer is, weapons mount onto a certain hardpoint style. So, if your mech has a mount for a laser, you have to mount some combination of lasers at that point. You couldn't strap on a gauss rifle instead. In the case of the CPLT-C1 (The Prime variant of the Catapult) you have LRM-15s on the "arms". So, you have to mount missle pods there.

Remember there are beam hard points on the torsos

so no you cant put PPC's on the big arms...but you could on the torsos

#471 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostGromkey Blackwind, on 19 June 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

I would like to know which mech will earn the most C Bills of the 4 founder mechs.. as in.. how the exp is added.. is it damage..or kills.. I thought i found this thread but nows a great time to answer again! :)

Founder's mech (any of them) have a 25% built in extra c-bill generation per mach

The 50% extra exp and C-bill generation comes from premium account, not the founder mech. But the premium account DOES stack with founder mech to get up to 75% extra c-bill income per match.

#472 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thank you very much.

the mechs that you can get are
Atlas AS7-D
Hunchback HBK-4G
Catapult CPLT-C1
Jenner JR7-D

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Catapult
We don't have enough info to know if you can fit 2 ppcs into the C1 variant but we do know that the K2(the Cat with 2 ppc as default load out) is not available as a founder mech.

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Sure a prime variant has 4 medium lasers so beam hard points...so long as you make the room you can put PPC's on it.

Remember there are beam hard points on the torsos

so no you cant put PPC's on the big arms...but you could on the torsos

never mind :)

Edited by Nikoliy, 19 June 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#473 ScientificMethod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostBSK, on 19 June 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Are our passwords safe? Recently many databases have been hacked and we speak about a lot of money for something I can use in the future. LinkedIn, Last.fm, League of Legends had to tell their users to change passwords, and obviously the hashed passwords weren't even salted. Do you use the most recent algorithms for password safety?

I would love for this to get answered at some point

#474 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostNikoliy, on 19 June 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

the mechs that you can get are
Atlas AS7-D
Hunchback HBK-4G
Catapult CPLT-C1
Jenner JR7-D

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Catapult
We don't have enough info to know if you can fit 2 ppcs into the C1 variant but we do know that the K2(the Cat with 2 ppc as default load out) is not available as a founder mech.

theorically if you can squeeze enough tons somewhere you should be able to fit PPC on torsos and downgrade the Arms LRm or swap to SRM, personally i had that idea plus a couple of med or small lasers for a mid/short range catapult.

#475 parrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Not a question, but thank you Russ, and thank PGI for a MWO and your response, i hope i do right thing when give my money to you ((%
Sry my bad engrish ((%

UPD: Oh shi~
I forgot, sry if that question was on prev pages.

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

When you repair permission settings for our forum accounts?

Edited by parrot, 19 June 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#476 Gromkey Blackwind

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

I bought a package and was not able to pick the mech I wanted.. it just confirmed payment.... deh... this was well after the morning rush where I had tried to choose a mech and was declined....alot..so i chilled.. now.. I did not get to choose my mech!?
I did not get to choose my mech!?
Edit
Email says I am the proud owner of a baby Atlas...

but still.. there is an error out there..if you tired to purchase a mech this am and you clicked on one of the mechs.. it wont show up this afternoon..it just assumes that click was the one you wanted.. so .. log out... close your browser and start over!!

end edit

Edited by Gromkey Blackwind, 19 June 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#477 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostGromkey Blackwind, on 19 June 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

I bought a package and was not able to pick the mech I wanted.. it just confirmed payment.... deh... this was well after the morning rush where I had tried to choose a mech and was declined....alot..so i chilled.. now.. I did not get to choose my mech!?

That sucks dude... but Russ said earlier that they will consider allowing ppl to change their Founder mech after they try the game

#478 Kameleo

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Will we be able to buy additional garage slots?

#479 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostGromkey Blackwind, on 19 June 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

if you got your email confirmation, it should say in there

#480 evanjellyo

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostKameleo, on 19 June 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Will we be able to buy additional garage slots?

you most likely will be able to buy more due to getting diffrint mechs/varients later on in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users