Specific Clan Pre-Order Bonus Packages?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

I have created poll on the subject in the Suggestions subforum (due to restriction on liberal polls creation after 3PV buzz). Full text of suggestion is under the spoiler ↓
Spoiler

Do you like the idea? Would you be willing to pay extra $$ for such a bonus? What is your maximal bid for a price of Specific Clan Camouflage (plus, maybe, something else as extra)?
You are welcome to vote and share your thoughts in current thread if you please.

P.S. As for look of mentioned unique Clan camouflage, I absolutely trust Alexander Iglesias and Mark Hayden in this question, but I secretly hope they wouldn't follow old 1992 Jade Falcon Sourcebook too close (that hateful chicken head on the Falcon CAMO :unsure:).

#2 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

So what would stop Merc's (like myself) and other IS players from buying these camo pattern's? I imagine that there will be Specific Clan patterns and paint jobs in the future but there would still be no way to stop certain people from buying and using them.

#3 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostCorralis, on 20 February 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

So what would stop Merc's (like myself) and other IS players from buying these camo pattern's? I imagine that there will be Specific Clan patterns and paint jobs in the future but there would still be no way to stop certain people from buying and using them.

Erm, I didn't get direction of your thoughts, why should something stop you from buying it or using it on your Mech? Even if you claim yourself IS pilot, but you've paid for the Clan Pack and camo, so they are yours to use. So I see no logical contradictions in it. As for future camos opened for Loyalty points as it was promissed, I draw your attention to the fact that Founders/PP+Saber/hero Mechs cannot apply camos different from default and that it is the main cause of my idea and petition: I do not want to ride absolutely same Clan Pack Mech (Prime) as IS pilots. Diversity is power, so it's said at times, lol.

Edited by Featherwood, 20 February 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostCorralis, on 20 February 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Nothing would prevent you just as PGI has no interest in limiting you from spending money on clan mechs.

Second, while House and Clan patterns are a great idea and something nifty with which PGI can make some money off of, they are not necessary for visually IDing people on the battlefield. The targeting and friendly icons do that already. Its pure fluff (welcome fluff though it may be).

#5 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 20 February 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Erm, I didn't get direction of your thoughts, why should something stop you from buying it or using it on your Mech? Even if you claim yourself IS pilot, but you've paid for the Clan Pack and camo, so they are yours to use. So I see no logical contradictions in it. As for future camos opened for Loyalty points as it was promissed, I draw your attention to the fact that Founders/PP+Saber/hero Mechs cannot apply camos different from default and that it is the main cause of my idea and petition: I do not want to ride absolutely same Clan Pack Mech (Prime) as IS pilots. Diversity is power, so it's said at times, lol.

At one point in your post you ask to be able to distinguish Clan players from IS players. My only point was how are you going to stop IS players from using Clan Mech's? In any case and after reading the post again I'm assuming you meant distinguish Clan Mech's from IS Mech's as these pattern's would be available for Clan mech's only so ignore what i previously said.

#6 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

What I want to know is, can I buy an Uller package, then upgrade to the gazillion dollar package later when my wife isn't monitoring the bank account like a hawk and still get all the bonus thingies?

Sorry to be off topic, but its close.

#7 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 20 February 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

Would you be willing to pay extra $$ for such a bonus? What is your maximal bid

Maximal camo you say? Better come with this Clan's insignia:

Posted Image

#8 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostTechnoviking, on 20 February 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

What I want to know is, can I buy an Uller package, then upgrade to the gazillion dollar package later when my wife isn't monitoring the bank account like a hawk and still get all the bonus thingies?

Sorry to be off topic, but its close.

Yes you can, just like they did with Founders and Overlord.

#9 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 20 February 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

The big problem is that founders, hero, phoenix and future to be clan prime mechs can not choose any camo at all! They are stuck with just one camo option! This is a very harsh restriction compared to free standard mechs. Please help and post here:
http://www.mwomercs....-phoenix-mechs/

So that PGI might notice that individualization and costumization are a great way for a f2p title to raise money without beeing p2w.

Cheers Gents!

Edited by Ryoken, 20 February 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#10 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

... There is a reason you cannot edit what came the hero/package Mechs have. It keeps them more unique compared to the std Cbills Mech. You can change the color of the hero camo. It is a special Mech for a reason... It is like a gold Clan Mech... People will complian that they cannot change the color of their GOLD Mech.

#11 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 20 February 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

... There is a reason you cannot edit what came the hero/package Mechs have. It keeps them more unique compared to the std Cbills Mech. You can change the color of the hero camo. It is a special Mech for a reason... It is like a gold Clan Mech... People will complian that they cannot change the color of their GOLD Mech.

So you mean "unique/special" like in running around in "exactly the same camo pattern as hundreds and thousands" of other founder, hero and phoenix mechs?

So next thing you want to explain to me that options for individualisation do not lead to more diversity? :)

Sorry putting the same boring camo pattern an all these mechs does not make them any more special. In fact one might find that those forced on camo patterns are the second most common patterns after the standard pattern that comes for free!

Also once again - this is to be implemented as an option - who want's to keep the unique/special pattern like all the others can stick to it and feel even more "special" because some did change their pattern.

In fact, even if I would buy a Gold Clan mech to sponsor MWO, I would also paint it in camo. I do not need to flaunt or brag, as my happyness does not rely on the envy of other players. Whereas I do like to put some money in the game I like and also like the extra credit income plus different weapon hardpoints on some of the hero mechs.

So there is no reason not to allow us the option to change camo patterns on all our mechs. If you don't like it simply do not change your camo pattern. But please refrain from telling me or other players which patterns we do have to put on our mechs.

Edited by Ryoken, 20 February 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#12 VanillaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

If I remember correctly, the CBill Bonus for the Founder/Hero/Sabre/Overlord mechs is tied to the camo pattern. I think it is a limitation of the system because the Founder-type mechs are exactly the same as the non Founder-type mech in regards to XP. So if you have a Founders HBK-G and bought a new HBK-G, it would already have the same XP as the Founder variant.

The reason Champion mechs work is because they are considered a different variant so they can code the bonus directly into the mech instead of the camo pattern.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users