91 replies to this topic

#21 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 February 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

centurion like blocking arms, massive side torsos and tiny CT. Take quite some time to do. And Kiriage's render is MWO style essentially. Not everything in MWO is a lego brick.
They took the most rounded design and turned it into a Thwomp >_<. Come on, man.

Posted Image

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostSephlock, on 22 February 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

They took the most rounded design and turned it into a Thwomp >_<. Come on, man.

Posted Image

look at the Orions Arms. Victors head. Commando and Atlas heads. Griffin face.

#23 Badland13

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

I can not wait for the King Crab Mech!!!! It would be the 1st Hero Mech or Package I would Pay real money to get!!!!! Please give us this King Crab Mech! It would be different from all the other type of mech MWO has
!

#24 Dracona

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Tons of armor? Huge damage potential? Freaking awesome design?
If this awesome mech was in MWO, I would definitely invest a lot more time, passion, and possibly actual money into the game.
I say this mech (along with the Aries, Kraken, and the Behemoth) should be in this game!

#25 Conductor Rarity

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLots of different places

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Absolutely would not hesitate to dump real money on a King Crab, would buy the hero in seconds

#26 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

Only Crab I want to see is one cooked on a plate with its shell open ;)

On a serious note though, whats so 'iconic' about either of the crabs, they were just add on's to a game to make more dolla

The Iconic mech's all come from the 1st edition 3025 tech manual.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostCathy, on 23 February 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Only Crab I want to see is one cooked on a plate with its shell open ;)

On a serious note though, whats so 'iconic' about either of the crabs, they were just add on's to a game to make more dolla

The Iconic mech's all come from the 1st edition 3025 tech manual.

actually, most of us old timers considered anything pre clan invasion to be of the "Golden Age". And that includes one of the best first edition books, the 2750 TRO, with the "Star League Exclusive" mechs (that CGL has now kinda ruined by retconning huge amounts of maxtech and experimental stuff in the SLDF royals. Though at least they have done a decent job explaining it). For most of the people I played with the 3025ers are of course the essential mechs, but to possibly discover a Mongoose, Flashman, Highlander or King Crab in a lostech trove? That was what we all drooled for. Just the power a SINGLE Gauss could give. Or the sheer knockdow fright of coming face to face with a heavily armored dual ac20 mech?

Then playing the War of 3039, and seeing the Crab and Crockett and Thug step out? Priceless. The "Golden Trifecta" was the TRO 3025, 3026 and 2750.

Everything after than is when any semblance of balance and quality control went out the window.

#28 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

I am old school, but I didn't think the 2750 TRO came out until after the first clan invasion books, shortly after the sword and dagger novel.

I sold Battle droids but didn't own anything until after lucas forced the name change, which I think did the franchise a lot of good.

I've just bought a 2004 print of the Steiner house book, to see how much its changed from the 1984 printing,and noted first that I played 'classic' Battletech back in the 80's and also 'classic' Battletech RPG.

Though I don't ever remember a Battletech RPG as the first RPG was Mechwarrior, and was the first publication that hinted at 'house mechs' Zeus, Dragon, Enforcer, etc.

The only other mech mentioned that wasn't in the 3025 TRO was the Mackie, but I'd left by the time the 'hidden' staches were being found, out of disgust at the not so much power creep, but more like a power hyper jump the clans brought into the game.

I briefly jumped back in for MW3 and mech comander, to kill clans and this has been the only other attempt at the BT universe, and if it does nothing else its got my intrest back in the table top aspect

#29 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

#30 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

If you guys can get the Direwolf, or Daishi with 3 Ultra AC/20s.. would not that satisfy the need? The King Crab will be a big mistake.. Slow is one, but moving around like torso twist or just turning.... with the amount of lights on the field.. it is suicide to pilot one consider your AC/20s hit them like jack..

#31 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 23 February 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

If you guys can get the Direwolf, or Daishi with 3 Ultra AC/20s.. would not that satisfy the need? The King Crab will be a big mistake.. Slow is one, but moving around like torso twist or just turning.... with the amount of lights on the field.. it is suicide to pilot one consider your AC/20s hit them like jack..

looking at the dire wolf art... doesnt really hold a candle to the king crabs awesome style im afraid :/ best looking clan mechs (in my opinion) are the War Hawks and the Storm Crows

Edited by Carnifex125, 23 February 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#32 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 February 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

look at the Orions Arms. Victors head. Commando and Atlas heads. Griffin face.

i was soo expecting...

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 February 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

look at the Orions Arms. Victors head. Commando and Atlas heads. Griffin face. YO MOM!

now the forums aren't even reflecting the game -_-

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

some of us just don't wanna pilot the clan crap. Made in the Inner Sphere or bust, baby!

#34 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I like how this mech is back in the limelight.
It's 100% viable and really needs to show up.
Especially with Dire Wolf looming, a true IS counter to that beast is necessary and there is no better choice.

#35 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

I want the crab much more than the KGC because I am a medium pilot but bumps for crustacean justice

Post over on the other thread too, the more noise we make the more attention we'll demand.

Both Crabs! Both Crabs!

#36 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Since I joined I am basically waiting for my King Crab to show up. Everything else is just a Mech.
When it finally comes, I will buy them all. Every single one of them until there ain't anything left for you guys :unsure:

#37 Josef Nader

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

The Dire Wolf has been in every MechWarrior game I've ever played. The King Crab has never been in a MechWarrior game. That's reason enough to want it here.

As for not being able to hit lights with an AC/20? That sounds like your problem, not mine. :unsure:

Accept no substitutes. King Crab or bust.

#38 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

This does seem like it would be a cool addition to the IS Assault lineup.

I'm not a lore guy, and I don't really care about houses/factions/etc. I play this game for the mechs. So I say, "Bring on the King Crab!"

#39 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

Yes! I am thankful for all of your input, and I agree; i am seeing overall more activity on King Crab /Crab threads. Lets all try and get PGI's attention!

Show your support on other threads like this, or even start your own :unsure:

#40 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

tbh I would expect these to come AFTER the clans come out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users