53 replies to this topic

#1 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Greetings, Noble House Liao Mechwarriors!

We are the Gatekeepers company of the Liao Cháng-Chéng, stationed on planet Purvo, near the borders of Capellan space. St. Ives and House Davion threaten our immediate vicinity, and we stand ready to repel the next wave of honorless invaders. Join us in our effort to unite the disparate Liao fringe and crush forever the power of the St. Ives Compact and the Federated Commonwealth so that neither may ever threaten our sovereignty again!

Posted Image

This thread will serve as the recruitment nexus for the Gatekeepers company here on the forums. We've had a lot of emails from prospective recruits lately, and to keep anyone from falling behind we've decided to place this here for ease of access.

So, a little about us. We've been gaming together, in some cases, for 20 years. MWO is the latest Mechwarrior, and it's our first PC game in some time that we've wanted to be serious about. We're a little...fierce, maybe. Yet we all love one another and it's all in good fun.

We are literally spread across half of the world, from San Diego to Australia and New Zealand. It doesn't matter what time zone you're located in, chances are we'll have folks online during your window! Better yet, by drawing as many Liao players in as possible, we'll have an even larger pool of players to draw from.

For us, it's more about participation. If you're willing to participate, then you'll be more than welcome in our company. Simply hang out on the sites when not gaming to help link up future drops, lurk in the teamspeak until someone shows up, and most of all show up for our designated drop times.

If you're new to the game, we are more than willing to show you the ropes. Don't feel ashamed to ask questions related to the game, the interface or the metagame that pops up. We love to help new players become great players, and all we ask is that you make Purvo Actual your home during your tour of duty as a MechWarrior.

We play sporadically throughout the week, but each week we try to get everyone together at least once. There will be notifications on Facebook and the blogspot as to specific times and dates, but generally the play is casual. The teamspeak server is sort of a hangout that members can use for any game they wish...as long as the call to battle in MWO is satisfied!

House Liao has the smallest military in the Inner Sphere, and we are serious about the roleplay aspect of Mechwarrior and Battletech. So, you should know that House Liao has a reputation for doing whatever needs to be done to achieve victory. When we capture an undefended enemy base, their cries of "n00b" are as music to our ears.

If all that sounds good to you, follow these steps to link up with us. So, that's about it to get started. See you in the ready room!

Posted Image

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 25 February 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#2 UglyGreeN

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

Greetings! Just a quick public service anouncment from the GateKeepers...

If you look or sound ANY thing like this ever-->

You need not apply.
Ugly 'TryHard' GreeN+

#3 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

I like the whiskey and smokes on Purvo.

#4 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

Lots of new people this weekend.

First event night went fantastic. Good to see everyone there, lets keep it up!

We'll be hosting more events in the future, as much as possible. Lets keep the good ideas coming and build a stronger Liao community!

#5 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

General Recruitment Process explained.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 22 May 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#6 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Welcome aboard the Liao Train. :D

#7 Darrin Call

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Looking for someone to drop with and is willing to help you develop as a pilot, yet still have a good time playing? Try Gatekeepers...Laio is WOW!

#8 Malphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Hello from Malphaeus!

I'm glad to be part of the team and look forward to the many hours and games played with you gentleman!

#9 ArchangelKenko

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

ArchangelKenko reporting in. Glad to be aboard.

#10 BlackPhoenix01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hey! You're invited to the ISC League. We'd love to have ya! http://the-aces.enjin.com/ischome

Posted Image

​Let me know if you have any questions!

#11 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

ISC sounds fun, I think we'll talk about it.

#12 Zhang Liao

Rookie

• Subcommander
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Reporting for duty. Glad to be officially part of the Gatekeepers. I look forward to learning from and dropping with some of the best.

Zhang Liao

#13 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

I'm very interested in joining you guys. I've been playing MWO off and on for about a year and a half. I can't play every day but should be able to join at least one drop a week.

I've been playing Battletech for a little over 20 years and am a big fan of the game and universe. I have played as a mercenary, Lyran, Capellan, and Hells Horses Clanner in past campaigns but had the most fun as a Capellan. So, my MWO fealty lies with the Chancellor. May Victor-Steiner Davion and his accursed, mongrel family rot.

I'm a decent player but not great. I tend to be a bit too eager to charge in earlier than would be advised and am currently running a machine with minimal system specifications.

For mechs, I currently have

a mastered STK-3F (pure missile boat),

mastered CN9s (A, AL, and D),

basic SDR-5D with ECM,

elite CDA-3M with ECM,

3 elite Kit Fox/Ullers with ECM

3 elite Nova/Black Hawks

and 3 basic Summoner/Thors.

Modules: enhanced zoom, improved sensors (2), improved target retention (2)

#14 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hey Emilio, Gatekeepers welcome casual players of all kinds as long as you're into kind of the roleplaying thing and you drop in a group when asked to when you're on TS. The roleplaying is limited, we don't do anything crazy.

Look forward to seeing you.

#15 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

Good to see you drop with us Emilio, and you just participated in the best match I've seen in the last month or two.

Posted Image

#16 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:45 AM

That was a great game, thanks for having me along!

That last minute of the game you guys helped me quite a bit with the coaching. Hard to believe I survived taking on those two Mad Cats while carrying an IS XL engine.

#17 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

It was a good match, exciting to the end!!

#18 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

I think I'm going to hit you guys up soon to try some casual play. I never see other Liao players and I'd love to run with some hard core Capellans with NO CLAN CRAP. I am sick of dropping into a game with my 3025 Mechs and getting destroyed in moments because everyone else is running Dire Wolves.
My character "Max O'Connor" is from Glasgow and we fight to protect our borders with my personal unit the Lost Patrol made up of Northwind Highlanders who chose to stay behind in the Capellan Confederation when the rest of the honorless dogs broke their solemn word to protect the people of the Confederation.
I'm working on a Blog to show our story as time permits. Since you guys are big role players, please look over my blog and let me know what you think.
http://maxoconnor.blogspot.com/

#19 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Good read and good writing Max :D Hope to see you on the TS!

#20 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Log into teamspeak, and we can get you rollin'. Add me to your friends list, I'll add you into any group that running.
Look forward to dropping some Dav-Rats with you Max.

View Postmaxoconnor, on 22 August 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

I think I'm going to hit you guys up soon to try some casual play. I never see other Liao players and I'd love to run with some hard core Capellans with NO CLAN CRAP. I am sick of dropping into a game with my 3025 Mechs and getting destroyed in moments because everyone else is running Dire Wolves.
My character "Max O'Connor" is from Glasgow and we fight to protect our borders with my personal unit the Lost Patrol made up of Northwind Highlanders who chose to stay behind in the Capellan Confederation when the rest of the honorless dogs broke their solemn word to protect the people of the Confederation.
I'm working on a Blog to show our story as time permits. Since you guys are big role players, please look over my blog and let me know what you think.
http://maxoconnor.blogspot.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users