89 replies to this topic

#81 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

In the lore the Victor was maneuverable. Now it is the worst Assault. Its broken.

Gone back to my founder Atlas and DDC.

(I own all the assaults except the awesome and stalker)

#82 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

The ballistics don't need a nerf as much as the energy weapons (with the exception of the PPC) need a huge buff. Mainly in the heat department.

Large laser:
  • 9 damage
  • 7 heat
  • 1 second beam duration
  • 3.25 second cooldown
  • 450m range
  • 2 slots
  • 5 tons
  • 2.12 DPS
  • 1.65 HPS

AC10:
  • 10 damage
  • 3 heat
  • instant damage
  • 2.5 second cooldown
  • 450m range
  • 7 slots
  • 12 tons
  • 4 DPS
  • 1.2 HPS

As you can see, they look relatively balanced right? Not in practice.

An AC10 with 2 tons of ammo takes up 14 crit slots for 14 tons. But it has a cooling efficiency of 167% using JUST the engine doubles.

The Large Laser for the same heat efficiency takes up 20 crit slots for 11 tons, requiring the engine doubles plus the additional 6 doubles elsewhere on the mech.

And the DOT effect of the laser makes it less desirable than the ballistics. On my smurf account, I see more lasers than ballistics. Because ballistics are all or nothing, and a slight miss with lasers can be readjusted to doing some damage.

I feel like the higher one goes in ELO, lasers are replaced by PPC and Autocannon.

It's their wicked ******** heat scale that makes energy heavy mechs less efficient than their ballistic counterparts.

Look at the TT AWS-8Q, the most heat efficient mech Tech level 1 and one of the most in Tech Level 2. But it has 3 PPCs and 28 Single Heatsinks. It has an abysmal cooling efficiency in MWO because PGI developed a ******** heat scale.

What they did was they looked at the previous MW titles and said, "Let's not do anything they did."

And thus, making a poor MW title. Because they didn't keep what worked from the previous titles.

You know how you make a good title that follows up other great titles? You keep doing what they did right, and you fix what they did wrong.

#83 harrytipper420

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

The victor was the last mech i enjoyed playing...if the manueverability stats are now basically the same as the highlander what's the point of even having a victor? They should just rename the mech "pointless crappier highlander". It's almost like PGI is trolling people with the constant nerfing.

#84 ego1607

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

No matter, it's still OK for poptarting.

#85 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

View Postskorpionet, on 18 March 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

I buy, BUY, B U Y a DRAGON SLAYER and now.... it's a crappy pachyderm.

Imagine that you buy a smartphone and after a firmware upgrade you discover that the signal strength was nerfed.... I could write billion of other examples involving buyed items.....

I can have a refund? I must contact support?

Serves you right (and everyone who is on the same situation).
Haven't you noticed that all mechs are going to be tweaked and changed?

It's just moronic to spend money right now or even on the next few months.

But then again, people do that and then come to the forums to cry about it... Fix the problem by not buying anything until you see that things are stable or PGI informs you of it.

#86 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

Victor was very mobile with a XL 350 or 360 to brawl with. Now it is sluggish even with the 360. Huge wt and space penalty to get it up there is now wasted.

And didn't even effect jump snipe. Possibly not a good move :) . Many of these nerfs* affect brawling. Like it needed any more stacked against it. (Pssst... snipers put like a 340 max usually, even a std. PGI ftw.)

edit: and *buffs

Edited by MicroVent, 28 March 2014 - 04:39 AM.

#87 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Funny to see the same mistakes being made all over again. PGI had fixed jumpsniping. For several glorious weeks there was an appropriate screenshake for using jumpjets...but the poptart-"warriors" cried large crocodile tears so now we are back to what is currently happening...ineffective specific build nerfs to deal with problems instead of dealing with root issues.

#88 ego1607

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Even worse, they nerfed a mech in a way that makes it useless for anything but the problematic build.

#89 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

Why not?

#90 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

I noticed that, with torso and arm nerf, also turn the mech is more difficult .... right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users