737 replies to this topic

#1 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Short Feedback towards the LRMs after a few rounds. They still hit mostly the center torso and the higher speed makes it even harder to avoid the impact. AMS is still useless even with more range.

Note from miSs

View PostmiSs, on 18 March 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Hey guys,

In order to reduce the cluttering in this sub-forum, I have merged all LRM-Related threads into this one. It's also going to be easier for me to gather your feedback ;)

Cheers!

Edited by miSs, 18 March 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#2 mau5trap

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

So I just completed a few drops with the new patch and I must say that whomever thought it was a good idea to increase the Missile speed AND enhance the NARC in the same patch needs to rethink their roll in play balancing. While there were some improvements rolled out with the 3/18 patch, these were far over shadowed by the negative impact to game play by the latest the missile fiasco.

- The majority of game kills in my matches were missile death related
- I would see 3 to 5 continuous streams of enemy missiles inbound at all times
- Players on both sides were commenting out out of balance the missile buffs were with phrases like:

"Welcome to LRMwarrior online"
"LRM HELL ONLINE"
"LRMageddon again"

If I am not the first to post this, I will be the first of many. If I am still playing this game 24 hours from now I may cut together a video showing just how comical the changes in this patch have made the game. Once again, I was rooting for PGI and promoting the patch to fellow players as a positive thing but have yet one more disappointment to add to my list. Now I am really scared about how bad the server side damage detection *could* be if improperly implemented.

#3 Girth Fillmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Since this is a change made in this patch, of course everyone is going to test it out in a match setting.

Give it a week and see how it is then.

#4 mau5trap

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Missiles will become the new pop tarting.

This is a major meta chance to the game and will require PGI to play whack-a-mole to undo what they have done.

Maybe smaller hit boxes will fix the problem?
Maybe if LRMs generate more ghost heat?
Maybe a sale on paint colors?
Maybe...

_

#5 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'll just leav this here, enjoy.

#6 M3rc

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

LRM's way OP. They were already deadly on range maps with hard-to-find cover. Now they are deadly even on normal maps.

Seriously, this is a major issue. I recommend nerfing asap.

#7 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

I've been calling for faster LRMs for a while now, and I'm glad they finally got the buff they needed. Also glad that NARCs now have a use, and that applying NARCs give light mechs a new support option.

ECMs will still shield groups at long range unless a light mech manages to sneak up on the group, and AMS has been buffed accordingly. I'm very interested to see how this turns out.

#8 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

As Girth Fillmore wrote: it's new so it's exciting

Put the pitchforks and torches away and let it stew for a week or two. Then you can bring 'em out again and go lynching.

#9 mau5trap

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Shamous,

That is all sorts of AWESOME and *very* appropriate. I lived through the last few rounds of LRM buff and nerf. PGI would always say it was fine then slowly come around and deal with the problem they themselves created. This needs to be addressed before the "April Fools" patch on 4/1. I still can not grasp what exactly they were thinking when the approved this change.

Embedded video from youtube:

#10 El Papa

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

Indeed LRM Warrior Online...this sucks big time. Huge gamebreaker for me.

#11 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 18 March 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

I've been calling for faster LRMs for a while now, and I'm glad they finally got the buff they needed. Also glad that NARCs now have a use, and that applying NARCs give light mechs a new support option.

ECMs will still shield groups at long range unless a light mech manages to sneak up on the group, and AMS has been buffed accordingly. I'm very interested to see how this turns out.

The game was fine as it was.... did not need a LRM buff at all... unless all YOU carry are LRMS [redacted]

Edited by miSs, 21 March 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#12 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

No. LRM's are still crap.

They were garbage before, they're better now but still not good.

#13 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

LRMs are just too fast now, they just LOOK unrealistic this way...

#14 NosehairOMO

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSharon, MA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

OMG I have never posted, but am a "founder". This LRM patch is just silly, everyone MUST have AMS just to survive. I can't get in much of a game at all today. I hate it and I don't use that word lightly. Please fix ASAP and thank you. :(

#15 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

This isn't even remotely close to a "Lurmpocalypse". Not even close.

And, incidentally, if you need AMS to survive.... use AMS? Virtually everyone can, some can use two. The more AMS on your team, the more utterly useless LRM's become.

Also, use cover.

#16 RamsoPanzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Another "great" decision PGI, i dont know, if u do this on purpose u are really good at it.

#17 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

with an assault mech it´s NOT possible to get out of cover for just one shot... as soon as you are locked (get the warning) you simply cant get back to cover and out of lock before the LRM´s rain down on you... all you can literally do is sit in your whole and let your AMS empty itself...

can´t PGI ONCE try tuning in less aggressive steps? why always going from one extreme to the other? suxx....

Edited by Alex Warden, 18 March 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#18 Sable Phoenix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

I tried two matches. Both were nothing but LRMfests. LRMs were already a crutch that required no real skill to use, but at least they were fairly balanced. Now, not only are they a crutch, but they're markedly more effective than any direct fire weapon. Just hold down the LRM launch button and there's nothing your target can do. Died both matches and, not surprisingly, both deaths were to LRMs.

This recalls the bad old days of early beta. I'm simply not going to play this game until PGI puts the LRMs back to something reasonable.

Edited by Sable Phoenix, 18 March 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#19 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 18 March 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

This isn't even remotely close to a "Lurmpocalypse". Not even close.

And, incidentally, if you need AMS to survive.... use AMS? Virtually everyone can, some can use two. The more AMS on your team, the more utterly useless LRM's become.

Also, use cover.

If AMS would take down some LRMs it wouldnt bother me. But we tried to last in the LRM hail with 3 Mechs with Double AMS and got killed in seconds...
The Speedup just makes the whole idea of cover useless cause u cant get in fast enough, even with a light mech. And with the fact that they still hit the CT most of the time your cored instantly. Its not like the Artemis 90° LRMs cracking your head or the all to the center doin 2.0 dmg LRMs we had alrdy... but they managed to break a working system again....

#20 Dakross

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostNosehairOMO, on 18 March 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

OMG I have never posted, but am a "founder". This LRM patch is just silly, everyone MUST have AMS just to survive. I can't get in much of a game at all today. I hate it and I don't use that word lightly. Please fix ASAP and thank you. :(

I can't agree enough. 5 matchs, 5 losses to lrms. Game is currently NOT fun to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users