Lrm Feedback

737 replies to this topic

#21 mau5trap

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

I will be the first to admit that I thought LRMs could use a small (I said SMALL!) speed buff but on the order of 0.5-1%. What we received in the 3/18 patch is ridiculous and combined with the NARC buff it is just downright silly.

#22 Ricochet149

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Not the first time they screw up with the LRMS.

#23 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostRicochet149, on 18 March 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Not the first time they screw up with the LRMS.

the whole system which is used for LRMs is stupid imho... i stated that a few times already but who cares anyway...

#24 Xivas

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Totally agree with u mau5trap, i think this is the end of this game at least for me.

#25 Vandruis

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Title says it all.

Why the hell were LRM's buffed so strongly?

My computer doesn't even have the time to say "Incoming missile" before I'm being hammered to death by missiles... she gets to about "mi-" before they're hitting. Makes zero sense. I agree they needed a little tweaking, but a ~50% speed increase? Isn't that a little overkill?

All day long, all you see is BLR-1S and Stalkers chucking 60 LRM's everywhere.

#26 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostSable Phoenix, on 18 March 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I tried two matches. Both were nothing but LRMfests. LRMs were already a crutch that required no real skill to use, but at least they were fairly balanced. Now, not only are they a crutch, but they're markedly more effective than any direct fire weapon. Just hold down the LRM launch button and there's nothing your target can do. Died both matches and, not surprisingly, both deaths were to LRMs.

This recalls the bad old days of early beta. I'm simply not going to play this game until PGI puts the LRMs back to something reasonable.

Hmm, i tried two matches in a mech without AMS and have not been hit by any LRMs...

I guess we both should play 20+ more games and then post again :(

#27 HATER 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

I approve the LRM speed buff, real missiles are frikking fast. Narc overpowering ECM is a reminder of the incredible and continual EW fail though... I won't go there because a full team of dead horses has been beaten over that.

It needs to be said that the missile systems aren't supposed to be primarily support, they are supposed to be offensive direct fire first and foremost, support (indirect) is a secondary afterthought.

Edited by HATER 1, 18 March 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#28 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts
  • LocationXylanthia, Sirius Star System

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

+1 @ OP. LRMageddon all over again.

This patch would have been the first ever almost perfect patch for me, and some stupid bloke at PGI decided, lets not break this streak (get it? lolololol) of fail patches. Lets continue our trend of breaking perfectly working elements of the game.

#29 Ghostbear Gurdel

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

I just find it *Hilarious* how now NARC cuts through ECM now. First TAG worked through ECM, then BAP, and now NARC. What next Artemis IV? Soon ECM wont actually counter any of the electronic warfare items it is supposed to counter. Instead they will all counter ECM... Maybe it might be time to admit that ECM is a little too strong PGI?

#30 Masterrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

who, I repeat, who demanded for a LRM buff ?

MWO will never be a balanced game
PGI is running in a cycle of stupid buffs and nerfs, leading to the next stupid buffs and nerfs automatically....

Edited by Masterrix, 18 March 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#31 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

140m/s would have been better, MAYBE even 150m/s. WHY 175m/s?

And why implement the Narc changes IN THE SAME PATCH as an already over powered LRM buff?

Too much stupidity. I'm off to bed.

Edited by Lianesch, 18 March 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#32 Gloris

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Autoaim weapon that requires absolutely no skill from you and only skil from your team (Tagers/lights) gets buffed... i'm out of words

At least those AC boats needed to aim...

#33 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostDakross, on 18 March 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

I can't agree enough. 5 matchs, 5 losses to lrms. Game is currently NOT fun to play.

Game has been VERY fun for us tonight. 5 matches, 5 matches in a D-DC LRM boat, 5 wins :( Great start to my new K/D ratio, not that I care about that stuff :wacko: Just saying.

#34 mau5trap

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

I am nearly positive that PGI will do the usual dance of claiming everything is fine while they sit in absolute denial that they did anything wrong. Later they will either sell me a module that counters LRMs or quietly slip a fix in with a patch and conveniently leave any reference to LRMs off the patch notes to hide their shame.

Edited by mau5trap, 18 March 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#35 mau5trap

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

I waiting for the announcement of an LRM countering module available for MC in the new store.

#36 mau5trap

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

I, and the community, could not agree more. There are two other active threads about this very topic.

http://mwomercs.com/...8-lrm-feedback/

http://mwomercs.com/...warrior-online/

note from miSs:
These threads have since been merged, please see my post here.

Edited by miSs, 18 March 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#37 Kyrs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

The main LRM inbalance is that you can fit LRM 15 or 20 in 5 tubes launcher and you will still overwhelm the ams because they launch those 3 or 4 salvo in very quick succession. The number of tubes in a launcher is supposed to balance variants, but it not the case in mwo. The distance between the slavo should have been the max range of the ams to prevent abusive fits.

Lrm 5 chain fire is irrelevant since you need 3 to 4 more launcher to achieve same result which means you have almost no backup weapons

Edited by Kyrs, 18 March 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#38 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

View Postmau5trap, on 18 March 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

So I just completed a few drops with the new patch and I must say that whomever thought it was a good idea to increase the Missile speed AND enhance the NARC in the same patch needs to rethink their roll in play balancing. While there were some improvements rolled out with the 3/18 patch, these were far over shadowed by the negative impact to game play by the latest the missile fiasco.

- The majority of game kills in my matches were missile death related
- I would see 3 to 5 continuous streams of enemy missiles inbound at all times
- Players on both sides were commenting out out of balance the missile buffs were with phrases like:

"Welcome to LRMwarrior online"
"LRM HELL ONLINE"
"LRMageddon again"

If I am not the first to post this, I will be the first of many. If I am still playing this game 24 hours from now I may cut together a video showing just how comical the changes in this patch have made the game. Once again, I was rooting for PGI and promoting the patch to fellow players as a positive thing but have yet one more disappointment to add to my list. Now I am really scared about how bad the server side damage detection *could* be if improperly implemented.

There are these things called practice and experience ... sounds like you could use some.

#39 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

All skill related to aiming was removed from the game, it's hard to hit something jumping through the air with non instantaneous travel weapons while maneuvering in and out of cover. I haven't played this patch but if this is how it's going to be I am done. I have spent 200 dollars on a game that no longer takes skill to win. Good job.

#40 Akiteo

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Just wanted to weigh in on the LRM issue. I think the changes to LRMs are a good thing. There are plenty of ways to protect yourself from LRM attack, most notably ECM and cover, and outrunning them shouldn't work. While the faster missiles will take some getting used to I think after a week or two everyone will have figured them out.

As for the matter of AMS it is far more useful in MWO than it is in Battletech. The point of AMS is to take out SOME of the incomming missiles in a flight, not all of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users