#41 Zen Hachetaki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

OK folks - why the QQ?

1. Events on again (something to play for rather than just grind)
2. You win something just by completing 10 battles
3. You can win more by having your faction win - even if you did virtually nothing other than simply participate
4. They are clearly using this as progress towards CW (which is what I have been waiting for most)

These are good things - please try to find the good rather than the bad. Any fool can complain... and most do!

#42 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostZen Hachetaki, on 18 March 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

OK folks - why the QQ?

1. Events on again (something to play for rather than just grind)
2. You win something just by completing 10 battles
3. You can win more by having your faction win - even if you did virtually nothing other than simply participate
4. They are clearly using this as progress towards CW (which is what I have been waiting for most)

These are good things - please try to find the good rather than the bad. Any fool can complain... and most do!

I reserve the right to complain about anything...

I will be annoyed if Lone Wolf is not a "faction". All the Great Houses are deadly dull, and the FRR is so out of left field in the canon scheme of things I'm not keen to commit. I'll play, but that's because I try to play every day.

#43 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

This is completely awesome! No matter who wins, this is a great idea. I hope you continue to do things like this - giving matches additional context, even before CW, is a really good thing.

Lone Wolf IS a faction. Look at this page:
http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

#44 CheeseyPeas

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBlack Country, England

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

This is another great event for all us all, why people complain about getting free goodies and a chance at winning MC I will never know.

Good stuff PGI.

#45 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

So ... judging by all previous tournaments whoever wants to win this one will have to drive an assault mech. Welcome back to 12 assaults vs 11 assaults matches?

Faction tournament where only SOLO drops count?

Artillery spam commencing in 5, 4 ...

No thanks, I'll pass this tourney and the whole weekend.

Edit: And I'll also leave this here ...

Posted Image

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 18 March 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#46 D U S T Y

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

Thumbs up for not allowing pre-mades to farm on the disconnects.

#47 Laconicus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

There is nothing but the state, the individual is no more than a cog in the greater machine. Their efforts worthless unless in the service of the state and for its glorification. House Liao will rule supreme.
...But don't expect me in the top say thousand players I am just the cheer squad....
Good luck

#48 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostXian1666, on 18 March 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

Not trying to ***** but how come we can't drop in teams of our faction?! That kinda takes all the fun out of it. I mean how are we supposed to wage war with out co-op communication? the typing in game system don"t cut it!
Just think: if we could drop in teams of our faction and face teames of opposing factions, why then you would have that house warfare that you promised us oh so long ago!

Just sayin' yo.

this, isnt a team challenge, its the best player of that faction.

#49 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

I agree, this isn't a team challenge so people should relax about it.
They are just building hype for CW and making people more aware of choosing factions etc.

And I enjoy the frequent sales and tourneys lately, especially the participation rewards that are popping up.

The only question I have is what happens when Lone Wolves win the tourney?.... Is there a LW banner? Or do we just get the satisfaction of denying the houses?

#50 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

has anyone ever thought that this is merely an incentive for people to show their allegence so PGI can make a rough estimate of the community faction player numbers to see how viable ideas are for CW? i'm sure they just want to know are we dealling with 1K stieners 1K kurita a hundred so for everyone else and 4K for lone wolfs or is there an even spread?

this is just data mining and more monthly population boost events, nothing more no need to be flustered. and you get a free item just for 10 matches so theres nothing so bad here at all.

#51 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 19 March 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

has anyone ever thought that this is merely an incentive for people to show their allegence so PGI can make a rough estimate of the community faction player numbers to see how viable ideas are for CW? i'm sure they just want to know are we dealling with 1K stieners 1K kurita a hundred so for everyone else and 4K for lone wolfs or is there an even spread?

this is just data mining and more monthly population boost events, nothing more no need to be flustered. and you get a free item just for 10 matches so theres nothing so bad here at all.

whats the item?

nevermind i went back and checked, cool

#52 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

I am kinda interested to see what kinda of faction numbers turn up.

#53 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

Lads and lasses, don't review this "tournament" as a competition (i.e. seriously), PGI just unable to call things by their names properly (because that would would result in much greater storm of valid complains). See it as mass QA test for MetaGame Component where you will play part of free QA tester, of course, some of you will pay for that high privilege. Oh, you will be given free pixels for help in testing.
So there is no need to complain and whine, just take it as help in CW component test and/or free baubles giveaway (no one buys them anyway).

#54 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

I like. Free item for everyone participating, will be interesting where the best pilots can be found and hopefully this is the first step in building up tension between the factions.

Edited by Evil Ed, 19 March 2014 - 03:36 AM.

#55 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

Boom. I opted in. I'll never ever end up in the top 5 but I'll gladly participate in some matches to help PGI get a better feel for implementing CW.

Now I just hope House Marik wins! ^_^

#56 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

As long as its true data and not people suddenly becoming Kurita or Liao just because competition there is less fierce.

#57 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

I like this event, even though I still think the Mercs need their own icon and tag in game. Even if you just inverted the icon color to mostly white and put [MRC] on there.

Does the scoring formula need to be so complicated? My math is very rusty but, it seems like it could be slimmed down a lot without affecting anything.

Either way I'm looking forward to my statue. I think by numbers alone the DAV's should take this though. Unless Lonewolves actually opt in.

#58 Laconicus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 19 March 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

As long as its true data and not people suddenly becoming Kurita or Liao just because competition there is less fierce.

.......Liao and proud but before I agree with your point do we know or have projections for each house I did not think they had any data ? As for prize pigs they will go or do anything to get their rewards, something we have to live with

#59 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostLaconicus, on 19 March 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

.......Liao and proud but before I agree with your point do we know or have projections for each house I did not think they had any data ? As for prize pigs they will go or do anything to get their rewards, something we have to live with

No offense whatsoever to Liao or Kurita guys, just an example. Also, how can they not have data if everyone with forum profile (same as game account) is assigned a faction. If you haven't chosen it you don't care, if you don't care you aren't in any faction.

#60 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:15 AM

I will opt-in for the free cockipt item but i will do only the 10 matchs seeing how the last tournament was.
Can't you just take the match score instead on just focusing on kills ??? I stopped midway in the last tournament because of players behavior (arty/air strike spamming obligatory, stealing kills instead of helping team, etc). Crippling a mech by legging him / destroying his side torso or spotting ennemies for you team is as important as 'getting kills'. It's a team based game not a quake-like.

Edited by SgtKinCaiD, 19 March 2014 - 02:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users