150 replies to this topic

#1 SundayElite

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

It is no longer fun. Period.

Saturday night. Just finished a 12 hour day and looking forward to some rounds with mates. Start working through the 2xXP bonuses on all my Hero mechs. 6 games and the drawn out standoffish lrm infested games are grating. Screw this, early night for me. Another long day tomorrow anyways.

I'm a farmer. I spend all my time working, but up until Wednesday I've enjoyed a few hours a night playing MWO. I've spent a shit load on this game as I spend my time making RL money. Some might call me a whale and a noob. I am neither. What I am is not playing again until lrms are fixed. Hell they werent even broken. They are a support weapon.

Thoroughly PISSED OFF.

#2 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

Yo OPer*

How about PGI changes LRMs hit mechanics... to the SAME as STREAKS?

This will spread out damage and BALANCE them... IMHO.

Problem Solved... if PGI can do this without Coding Issues! :P

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

Large, pinpoint, direct-fire alpha strikes have killed this game for me.

#4 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

LRMs were fine before. Just right actually. This has killed brawling. Yet another stupid move by PGI. How about some Community Warfare work and forget dumb Achievement stat resets and weapon breaking? And **** your Golden **** Mechs.

#5 Sinthrow

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

I sold my last locust, why? because if a locust can't run across the open field without dieing to missiles and has to hide, there is no reason to own one.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

View Postgeodeath, on 22 March 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

LRMs were fine before. Just right actually. This has killed brawling. Yet another stupid move by PGI. How about some Community Warfare work and forget dumb Achievement stat resets and weapon breaking? And **** your Golden **** Mechs.

Ahem! No!

Golden mechs will be the perfect troll weapon. All enemies that see one will be so blinded by rage that they will start to do really stupid things, stupid things that can be taken advantage of.

<maniacal :P :mellow: :)>

#7 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostSinthrow, on 22 March 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

I sold my last locust, why? because if a locust can't run across the open field without dieing to missiles and has to hide, there is no reason to own one.

What?! If you are running around in the open (regardless of Mech). You were/are not only LRM bait. But also, Sniper bait. Don't run in the open.

#8 Bone Mutilator

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

Totally agree with OP. The norm for an assault missile boat is now about 600 damage and between one and three kills. Essentially, you camp with the group, wait for someone to spot, and then join the other 8-9 boats on your team heaving as many rockets skyward as possible, and hope you are the one that fires the golden dongrocket that registers the kill.

I used to like this game for its violence of action. Now it's a fire support standoff game. Did PGI decide brawling was too violent? Nowadays when I get into a brawl, it feels like a rare exception.

Edited by Bone Mutilator, 22 March 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

LRMs didn't kill the game.

PGI's ''insta-convergenced, ghost heated, 1.4 heat sinked, weirdly-scaled, CW-delayed, maxi-ECM'' design decisions did.

:P

Edited by Appogee, 22 March 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#10 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

This LRM is barely anywhere as powerful as the beta one, really?

#11 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

Lrms buff hasn't killed the game.

Whats killed the game is that PGI have killed brawling, the latest being torso and arm twist speeds on Highlanders and Victors, in a vain attempt to stop pop tarting which their unbalanced customisation system allowed to make viable in the first place, they were warned about it in closed beta by many, they listend to the min maxers, they were told pin point was bad, and again they listend to the min max twitcher crowd.

They have only ever taken note of the butt licking inner circle they surround themselves in, and it partly our fault because we turned around and said they were idiots, while the sycophants got their own way.

its a sadly very human way of dealing with creeps that stroke ego's rather than actually listening to the people that say duh that so dumb, fool.

This is the end result

a game that looks like Battletech, most of the time but is just a generic stompy robot game, which is why the population shrinks and the die hards just give up and spend somewhere else.

This game won't survive on 300 extra free acounts turning up each month its the die hard core that spend big, and they're giving up

#12 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Poptart was never a problem for me. That is bad move by them to nerf those mechs.

#13 Mr Ezzquizo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

LRMS HAVE KILLED THIS GAME FOR ME.

me tooo

#14 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

LRM Buff has pushed the game into the right direction.

The LRMs seem OP/too much right now because there is no viable alternative, except Jumpsniping (which is almost impossibru now too)

Once they fixed SRMs and Brawling in general, people will start using different weapons again.

#15 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

OP, what weapons do you use?

#16 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Game is the best state it's been in months, there are now two weapon groups you can use effectively.

LRMs are still pretty pathetic when compared to CB. 250 M/s, 1.5 damage, splash damage on top of that.

These whiners....they know nothing of Lurmageddon.

#17 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Oh BLAHBLAHYADDAYADDA!!!

Seriously, how many people have to make separate, redundant whinethreads about their own tactical ineptitude and the weapon somebody use to make tehm pay for it?

If it were 9ppcs and 3 AC5s would you still be whining? Or would you be thinking ybout why you got hit in the first place?

We understand it, LRMs are horribly OP and game breaking now, and you`re all qquitting.. kthxcyabye :P

#18 Varent

• 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 22 March 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

OP, what weapons do you use?

Thats really what I want to know

View PostMcgral18, on 22 March 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Game is the best state it's been in months, there are now two weapon groups you can use effectively.

LRMs are still pretty pathetic when compared to CB. 250 M/s, 1.5 damage, splash damage on top of that.

These whiners....they know nothing of Lurmageddon.

the game is finally moving ina good directly honestly.

#19 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

LRMs might be a few (something about 10) m/s too fast now for my personal taste, but that is just a minor thing. They definitely needed a buff.
I am finally seeing spotters on the battlefield. So that's a good sign. Just ran into an ER-PPC + Tag Cicada-3M who did a really good job, too bad he was on the enemy team :P .

#20 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostVarent, on 22 March 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

Thats really what I want to know

the game is finally moving ina good directly honestly.

I even rewarded them by buying a Pretty Baby. (What? making the Not Awesome work has been on my mwo bucket list for a while)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users