Lrms Have Killed This Game For Me.

150 replies to this topic

#141 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

LRM's are just ridiculous now. I got hit three times by LRM and im dead, i only played for like one minute. IPG is almost forcing us to get LRM's are AMS just to survive. The entire game is now "hidewarrior" in which instead of closing with the enemy you hide from the barge of endless LRM and wait till the enemy comes to you. Thier is almost no point in creating a mech with just medium range or short weaponry. In short LRM's need be nerf! At least make it so that it doesn't take 10% damage every time it hits or slow down the reload of them. It's not fun at all

#142 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

View PostInfidel Warrior, on 23 March 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

You are a moron sir. Let's play Mech Warrior and sit and hide the whole time because OP weapons can shoot us from across the entire map.....yeah, that's soooo much fun!

This is a thread about LRMs - why are you talking about real long range weapons like Gauss, ERLL, ERPPC, AC2 & AC5 all of which do damge at 1001 m+ ? All of which hit without warning and much more quickly.

#143 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

MWO is Hidewarrior since ECM was implemented...now with 2 Long Range Styles (Direct and Indirect Fire).

#144 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

All the leaver don't let the door hit yea in the ass on the way out.

#145 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

View Postmouzerius, on 22 March 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

holly man do you like to type or only to ready your own BS lol i never gone read some one who complains about whining and ranting poeple and has to text spam the topic him self to say so.

Your reading comprehension lacks some serious skill, sir.
Go try again...
@Mad Porthos: Thx 4 the write up - was a good read and very well written

#146 Coldron

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

Just a new player view for this.
LRM's are fine but they have insanely fast loading time.
Either lower that down or raise ammo weights. It just don't feel right somehow...

#147 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

I don't think LRMs are the real problem, they're just somewhat competetive now with other Meta weapons which is a good thing.

The problem IMHO is the fast dying. We're dead in seconds due to pinpoint snipers and now we're just as dead in seconds due to LRMs that are too fast to be dodged (on heavies anyway) and you can't shake off a lock in time and where just one spotter can focus fire for a whole fleet of boats.

I am not good enough to discuss all the fine tuning of game mechanics, but for me it is the "dying really quickly" for minor mistakes or just for trying to get a game moving that feels bad now after the recent patch. It was bad before because of the snipers, now it is also bad because of LRMs, making it worse in total.
But LRMs in themselves ... not the problem IMHO.

#148 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 23 March 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

LRM's are just ridiculous now. I got hit three times by LRM and im dead, i only played for like one minute. IPG is almost forcing us to get LRM's are AMS just to survive. The entire game is now "hidewarrior" in which instead of closing with the enemy you hide from the barge of endless LRM and wait till the enemy comes to you. Thier is almost no point in creating a mech with just medium range or short weaponry. In short LRM's need be nerf! At least make it so that it doesn't take 10% damage every time it hits or slow down the reload of them. It's not fun at all

You do know the damage wasnt upped right? So are you saying LRMs couldnt hit you before?

Sounds like a personal problem. Ive died once to LRMs in my Wolverine since the patch.

It was totally my fault.

#149 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

Nevermind.

Edited by Sarlic, 23 March 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#150 Ajantise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

Best way to know if the last patch was good, and if the players like the SUPER LRM SPAM is the number of players online. But MWO hides that number. I for one am not playing until they fix the LRM bug. I tried, and the game was ridiculously broken. I quit for now with MWO. I will be back with the next patch like most of the players...

#151 Obelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

Alot of changes have helped this game. The LRM change...not so much. It's all LRMs now all the time. You cant poke your head out without getting 100 LRMs raining down on you.

Devs...we like to brawl you know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users