Lrms Have Killed This Game For Me.

150 replies to this topic

#121 Mhyth

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

I also thought the balance was about right before the last patch - I had success with both line of sight direct damage builds, LRM heavy builds and combination builds - brawling and longer range engagements 'could' be effective if you played smart with cover and obstructions.

Now it's just gotten stupid again with metal rain - time to take another few months off...

#122 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostMhyth, on 22 March 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

I also thought the balance was about right before the last patch - I had success with both line of sight direct damage builds, LRM heavy builds and combination builds - brawling and longer range engagements 'could' be effective if you played smart with cover and obstructions.

Now it's just gotten stupid again with metal rain - time to take another few months off...

They were very effective last patch. There were times that they used to catch me off guard. Now they are just super missiles.

#123 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostMhyth, on 22 March 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Now that my AC rounds register damage damn near as poorly as the SRMs these deluded Devs put "on the back burner," now that lurms got an overnight 40% speed buff, I have also quit playing, not missing a minute of PGI's out of touch approach.

I just wish ONE weekend, Paul & Russ would solo drop a couple dozen matches, or better yet, play their busted game at all.

Oh well, back to more reasonably balanced F2P games. Too bad I sunk a couple hundred all totalled into this heap.

#124 xBAATORx

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

eerrpadeerrp..... well hate to say it but Star Citizen is looking pretty sweet compared to this um.. "great game" (enter snicker here) but what's a bunch o misguided pups to do? lol

#125 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

I wish I was even remotely interested in playing a new game. Is ESO any good?

#126 Diz

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBelgorod

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Guys developers do read what is written here?
Dominance missiles already very tired!

#127 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

Do we have two more candidates for the OP LRMPOCALYPSE QQ RAGE QUIT COUNTER? Can I bump it up to 9 now?

#128 Infidel 8654

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

You are a moron sir. Let's play Mech Warrior and sit and hide the whole time because OP weapons can shoot us from across the entire map.....yeah, that's soooo much fun!

The non-handling of moronic poptarts and the LRM issue is ruining the game for the majority. Jump shooting was NEVER in any iteration of the game, not a single one. LRM's were ALWAYS a light support weapon used to soften the enemy while they advance....never a main weapon system.

But it seems the developers did not play the original games, as this is such a departure from lore it's not even funny.

YES! ESO is a blast.....you have to give it some time though and learn how things work, it's not your typical MMO and takes some skill to do well. If you like to tab target and mash buttons to win, don't come play ESO. If you like a skill based game that has attentive Developers, then give it a try. The Devs are certainly 100 times smarter than the ones for this game, that's a promise!

#129 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

You know. I'm seeing so many people claiming to be 'justifiably' quitting MWO who won't stop posting about how broken it is and how they're leaving for other games.

I guess I'm confused. If you want to leave, just leave. No need to make a big production because those who aren't having the problem with this game don't really care, and the devs aren't going to listen to or read your comments here or take them to heart because you quit already.

So now we're up to what? 100 threads? I am gonna wait for all the LRMhatorz threads to get wrapped up by the mods in to one big bundle and kicked to Ktown.

#130 Fast Eddie

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Couldn't agree with the OP more. LRMs boats are the new meta and the AMS
range buff doesn't seem to be helping much.

#131 Stompy Dragon

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

Example: So I'm in the Caustic Valley map. Standing on the edge of the central caldera, I very quickly peep my Stalker mech to shoot two large pulse lasers at an Atlas across the way and then instantly hide.

I was not shot at with any guns. In fact, at first I thought no one noticed me at all. But then at least 2-3 LRM boat mechs shot at me with LRM's. And despite staying in cover and moving and turning my torso, the LRM's are so wicked fast that I find myself with hardly any armor at all when it's all said and done. I admit to not having AMS, but in that situation AMS probably wouldn't have helped. So many LRM missiles!

This is the first time I've ever called for a nerf in the forums of a game. Nerf LRM's. They were a nicely powerful tool before. You had to use cover and brains to counter them. Now if someone shoots missiles at you, unless there is something to block the missiles they are nearly guaranteed to hit you if you're in a slower mech. LRM's fly so fast that they're deadly and impossible to dodge at medium range (in Terra Therma on a platform leading to the center, a Cata peeped up and spewed good LRM hits at myself and my team, probably about 300-400M, what the heck).

Half of each team in every match is using LRM's this weekend. The LRM's are that bad. Please PGI, stop it.

#132 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostLarkes, on 23 March 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

Example: So I'm in the Caustic Valley map. Standing on the edge of the central caldera, I very quickly peep my Stalker mech to shoot two large pulse lasers at an Atlas across the way and then instantly hide.

I was not shot at with any guns. In fact, at first I thought no one noticed me at all. But then at least 2-3 LRM boat mechs shot at me with LRM's. And despite staying in cover and moving and turning my torso, the LRM's are so wicked fast that I find myself with hardly any armor at all when it's all said and done. I admit to not having AMS, but in that situation AMS probably wouldn't have helped. So many LRM missiles!

This is the first time I've ever called for a nerf in the forums of a game. Nerf LRM's. They were a nicely powerful tool before. You had to use cover and brains to counter them. Now if someone shoots missiles at you, unless there is something to block the missiles they are nearly guaranteed to hit you if you're in a slower mech. LRM's fly so fast that they're deadly and impossible to dodge at medium range (in Terra Therma on a platform leading to the center, a Cata peeped up and spewed good LRM hits at myself and my team, probably about 300-400M, what the heck).

Half of each team in every match is using LRM's this weekend. The LRM's are that bad. Please PGI, stop it.

Nah man you're just a bad player. You used the cover wrong. What you're supposed to do is stay behind cover and don't do anything.

#133 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostInfidel Warrior, on 23 March 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Jump shooting was NEVER in any iteration of the game, not a single one. LRM's were ALWAYS a light support weapon used to soften the enemy while they advance....never a main weapon system.
;)

#134 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

For the current game it was a bit much. A %50 speed increase is quite a buff + narc buff and that's a rainy day. I still don't know why they like these wild swings unles it a behavior mod adjustment = change or break a meta. How about " Over the next 3 patches we will be adjusting LRM speed." And do it in 2-3 steps.

It could be a very good thing with 3/3/3/3 though. A stock type build with a LRM 10 or 15 and 2 or 3t ammo like the canon mechs could be worth it with this speed. And do I bring that LRM boat assault, my 1:1 counterpart might be a DDC or HGN.

I liked where they were. For the last couple months I was running my Griffin 1S 2-LRM10s tag bap tgt decay and sensor range 3MLs. Pop tart tagging. Tag adds 1 sec every time you hit them again when chasing. You can force hold a lock a long time if you work at it. All direct fire. Was a blast. Direct fire LRMs have been good for a long time, just not easy.

Pulled out my STK 3F to test this buff, tagged and narced targets everywhere. Gravy time and boring. Hard part was deciding which one to fire on. Stay that way until we adjust or get bored.

Could be a good thing in 2-4 weeks. Just going to ride the roller coaster till then.

#135 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostMicroVent, on 23 March 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

Pulled out my STK 3F to test this buff, tagged and narced targets everywhere. Gravy time and boring.

This is the less complained about - but equally important - issue.

After a few matches in the new meta, I got jack of spending each game countering LRMs, and got out my little-used Highlander 733C. It packs LRM25, all the LRM-helper gear like TAG, BAP, Artemis, Target Retention Module and so on.

I absolutely cleaned up and scored high - but it was boring. I just don't want to do it anymore, even though it's so effective in the current meta.

I'm not expecting any sympathy just because I don't like boating LRMs. What bores me does not bore some other people. We have people playing MWO who have been boating LRMs since MW2, because that's what they enjoy. They deserve to have fun, too.

But I played MW less over the weekend, because a choice between the "spend most of the game countering LRMs" or "boat LRMs myself for easy damage" is a choice between tedious and boring.

I guess my point is that LRMs are - perhaps disproportionately - dictating choices on other players at the moment. Which isn't being welcomed by me, or some other people. In a perfect MWO game, all playstyles would be valid, would be situational, and would have an equal chance of success. AND varied loadouts would be more universally effective than any kind of min/maxed boat.

Edited by Appogee, 23 March 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#136 Krinkov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:03 AM

It is easy to tell all the complainers have no idea what they are talking about when they say LRMs were fine before this patch. LRMs sucked more than any other weapon hands down, full stop. I could dodge them in a freaking atlas before the buff. I can still dodge them, I just need to be closer to cover. I don't even know why I'm bothering to post. You guys don't even understand why they sucked before so there is no way to reason with you now.

It's the video game equivalent of the Dunning–Kruger effect in all of these OP LRM threads. Bads can't understand they are bads because they are bads.

#137 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:05 AM

View PostKrinkov, on 23 March 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

It is easy to tell all the complainers have no idea what they are talking about when they say LRMs were fine before this patch. LRMs sucked more than any other weapon hands down, full stop. I could dodge them in a freaking atlas before the buff. I can still dodge them, I just need to be closer to cover. I don't even know why I'm bothering to post. You guys don't even understand why they sucked before so there is no way to reason with you now.

It's the video game equivalent of the Dunning–Kruger effect in all of these OP LRM threads. Bads can't understand they are bads because they are bads.

It's a support weapon. What is it about SUPPORT you don't understand! It's not supposed to be a primary that tears through mechs the way it currently does?! Heck not even the main primary weapons do this kind of damage, from that range, WITH NO AIM!

#138 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

PGI has admitted multiple times that they are making a game for noobs. In order for noobs to not get constantly rolled over they made Elo system. In order for noobs to be able to do smth useful they buffed LRMs. Now any noob who can see a red box and spam fire button can end up with top damage in match.

#139 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:25 AM

LRM buff didn't kill this game. The customization of non-omni mechs killed it. The customization allows people to always build loadouts to exploit whatever imbalances exist.

If devs read this (doubtful I admit), I propose two fixes:
First, eliminate group fire. Chain fire only. This solves convergence which is a real problem in this game. Battletech features semi-random hit locations. That would not be right in this game since it takes away the skill of shooting. But by forcing an aim for each individual weapon, you keep the skill but lose enough of the convergance to make it work out.
Second, make the LRMs hit like SRMs. Missle damage in Battletech is supposed to be spread out. That balances out the mass damage these LRM boats are inflicting.

#140 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

What I see and have experienced is LRM.s have basically balanced the game a bit. Lights are now not so quick to swarm in the open and do the circle jerk on bigger targets. I am also a light and assault pilot and have noticed you better pick a light role instead of brawling with it. Because you will get smacked down quick with this patch correction. The LRMs have put the light mechs where they need to be in a scouting harraser role. Battletech TT style. Was a good fix so bring yer AMS or stick to buddies that have em. BTW if you think yer getting stomped now try being a new unit workin in the 12 mans with some of the guys that have been there for years LOL. Then you can cry and will understand what a true apoclyptic arsekickin is. I have seen 12 mans with 12 ECM mechs - 12 mans with all PPC all auto cannon. You have not seen anything yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users