• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostBlackDeathLegion, on 22 March 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Yo OPer*

How about PGI changes LRMs hit mechanics... to the SAME as STREAKS?

This will spread out damage and BALANCE them... IMHO.

Problem Solved... if PGI can do this without Coding Issues! :)

Stop spamming this post.

It won't happen anyway because the SSRM nerf was just to save Light mechs from being cored by CPLT-A1s with 6xSSRMs. As for the LRM speed increase, I think it's fine, but do not care if they go back to 120 kph either. They are actually performing their tactical support role now though, which is long range cover fire for a lance and protecting them from brawlers on open maps. I still haven't been killed by LRMs since the buff, but I have been killed by AC20's, AC10's, Gauss Rifles, MLAS, LLAS so I think the OP is over-reacting just a bit.

I think the game looks more like MechWarrior now. Two forces meet and duke it out as they close in, instead of just rushing to brawling range.

#83 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostMavairo, on 22 March 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

LRMS are fine. Quit trying to play static warfare and you won't lose to LRMs it's that simple.

You apparently don't understand. The current situation promotes static warfare. I don't play by setting in one place. Sure you can still use quick and agile mechs just fine - but this game isn't all about fast and agile mechs is it.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 March 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Funny. I'm running a Griffin with 15 tubes. And no AMS. and am doing fine. Most of my other mechs don't have LRMs at all. Or ECM, or AMS. And are all doing pretty fine. But then, i don't run a slow assault mech, and stray from ecm and cover. I prefer faster mechs. My only mechs with AMS, actually, are my assaults, and my FS9-S Firestarter. (and it only because it comes with 2 mounts, so to make it different, why not?)

Again - I have no trouble in fast agile mechs either but the game isn't just about that is it. I had a good time killing LRM stalkers in a spider the other day and basically anything that moves at over 70 kph doesn't have that much of an issue - but all mechs aren't able to do that. And I do stick to cover - but then again LRMs arc over most cover in the game - specially if it is indirect fire. Go crawl in a Atlas or Banshee and go play Alpine or Caustic and then come talk to me about it still being fine. Quit trying to say "My little slice of MWO is fine so quit complaining" when there is clearly an issue to other people.

#84 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostSteel Claws, on 22 March 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

You apparently don't understand. The current situation promotes static warfare. I don't play by setting in one place. Sure you can still use quick and agile mechs just fine - but this game isn't all about fast and agile mechs is it.

Again - I have no trouble in fast agile mechs either but the game isn't just about that is it. I had a good time killing LRM stalkers in a spider the other day and basically anything that moves at over 70 kph doesn't have that much of an issue - but all mechs aren't able to do that. And I do stick to cover - but then again LRMs arc over most cover in the game - specially if it is indirect fire. Go crawl in a Atlas or Banshee and go play Alpine or Caustic and then come talk to me about it still being fine. Quit trying to say "My little slice of MWO is fine so quit complaining" when there is clearly an issue to other people.

Good thing most of the maps have more than a fair helping of cover then.
Maybe you should quit waltzing out into the open 24/7 in your big mechs.
I've got mechs in every weight class and LRMs don't bother me overly much in any of them.

Edited by Mavairo, 22 March 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#85 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

The Poptart MetaPromoted static warfare too. I actually find I am able to be more mobile in this meta, as LRMs require time or spotters to lock. Thus I can use cover and kill the Spotters, tipping the numbers in our favor, or use cover (in most cases) to advance on the LRM batteries. It is still a matter of choice. (Except, obviously when the Herd of Cats the MM lands you with chooses to huddle and die slow, instead of growing a pair and either winning or losing fast. PUGing in particular can be painful this way, but I've seen enough 12 mans be equally gutless)

Quit trying to say "My little slice of MWO is fine so quit complaining" when there is clearly an issue to other people.

Funny how easily that argument slices both ways.

If you gotta drive slow mechs, ECM and AMS augment cover well, if you decide to be remotely coordinated. Opposing mechs have to be within 750 meters to TAG you, and if they can TAG you, you can direct fire them long before.

#86 Black Arachne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

What killed this game for me - was the bad heat system - the dominance of ballistics over energy - how the Awesome mech is garbage because it can't even use its PPC's without shutting down..but the lrms change is nice - people are actually using something other then ballistic boats. Now is the time to fix the heat system so that we can start seeing pulse lasers and more energy heavy mechs on the field.

#87 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostMavairo, on 22 March 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Good thing most of the maps have more than a fair helping of cover then.
Maybe you should quit waltzing out into the open 24/7 in your big mechs.
I've got mechs in every weight class and LRMs don't bother me overly much in any of them.

Thats the problem I dont go waltzing around in the open and it doesn't matter. LRMs arc over most of the terrain.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 March 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

If you gotta drive slow mechs, ECM and AMS augment cover well, if you decide to be remotely coordinated. Opposing mechs have to be within 750 meters to TAG you, and if they can TAG you, you can direct fire them long before.

And since only one large mech has ECM....... Sure give all large mechs ECM then. As I said - I have AMS on all my lumbering mechs and it doesn't really hel0p when you have a 100+ inbound. Then when you duck behind a hill that "should" shield you, you still get hit. If my mech is behind a ridge taller than it is I should not be getting hit. If they want the LRMs this fast then they need a flatter arc. I would be OK with that.

#88 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Premise: "LRMs are a SUPPORT WEAPON!"

Reality: They are. They primarily kill bad players, not good ones.

#89 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 22 March 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Stop spamming this post.

It won't happen anyway because the SSRM nerf was just to save Light mechs from being cored by CPLT-A1s with 6xSSRMs.

-apparently the SRM nerf (40% no splash) was done so light pilots wouldn't cry when they blew up.

-then they change streaks mostly to save light mechs pilots' hides.

-i understand HSR was rolled back as well since the introduction of 12v12.. at least that's what i heard and that's what it feels like with lasers that don't register

now they have buffed LRM so it can hit light mechs?? what

why not just let them be immune to LRM and actually get damaged by SRM and streaks and lasers.
this is giving the PURE LRM boats more power to em, and punishing the smart type of LRM boat that also carries a few lasers

#90 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 22 March 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

I'm addressing weapons balance as a whole in terms of what weapons do for damage.

Yeah weapons convergence is something to be looked at, but by the year 3050 I would think targeting systems would be developed to at least make it possible to hit the same section on a mech (not the same hole).

Customization may not be TT spec, but MWO wouldn't make it if certain amounts of customization weren't allowed, or even worse, what if they decided to take away customization YIKES..!! I think if they did that, then certain Hero Mechs would be sold that would have a distinct advantage, maybe.

As far as weapons balancing is concerned, I would like to see PGI come up with a set number for each weapon in relation to it's range/speed/damage output, and stick to it, if that's even possible.. The other issues might never be changed, i'm not sure exactly what would have to be done to change them.

Question: Do you think they will limit the customization EVERY player has been able to use now, and do you think convergence is actually going to be changed, and if you do think convergence can be changed for the btter, please explain how.

I just love asking questions, and constantly getting nothing back..

I see a lot of explaining why things are wrong, but not seeing any REAL proposed solutions..

#91 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostSteel Claws, on 22 March 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

The only people who are saying LRMs are fine are the ones that I see setting back with 40+ tubes ...

That's odd. When did an FS9-A get missile tubes? How come mine does not have any? :)

#92 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

LRMs were a support weapon, meant to keep mechs under some cover, ward them away, they still got plenty kills. Now LRMs are the uber killing weapons. So overpowered, so little effort, so little risk.

#93 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 22 March 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

LRMs were a support weapon, meant to keep mechs under some cover, ward them away, they still got plenty kills. Now LRMs are the uber killing weapons. So overpowered, so little effort, so little risk.

Spoken like someone who has never used LRMs.

#94 Ajantise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

From a gamer who played Mech Warrior 2,3,4 and MechWarrior Commander 1 and 2.
I love Battletech universe. But,
LRMs are overpowered. It is a bug. Face it, and fix it.
Nobody wants to play a unfair game...
If you succeeded in making me (played the game 5 hours a day, maybe more and bought hero mechs. With a job that has a monthly paycheck of 300 US$)
STOP playing the game, then something is wrong ;)

#95 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

From a gamer who played mechwarrior 3050, mechwarrior 2, 3, 4, mechcommander 1 and 2 and mech assault 1and 2 and played whatever games will apparently make my opinion somehow more valuable, LRMs are fine.

#96 Ajantise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 22 March 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

From a gamer who played mechwarrior 3050, mechwarrior 2, 3, 4, mechcommander 1 and 2 and mech assault 1and 2 and played whatever games will apparently make my opinion somehow more valuable, LRMs are fine.

So 10 TAG lasers and 500 LRMs flying is fine? Hiding 90% of the time is fine? Are you blind?
If they made AC100 what would you say then? I get killed in one shoot 90% of the time , but is FINE? ;)

#97 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostAjantise, on 22 March 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

So 10 TAG lasers and 500 LRMs flying is fine? Hiding 90% of the time is fine? Are you blind?
If they made AC100 what would you say then? I get killed in one shoot 90% of the time , but is FINE? ;)

So, pretty much the entire opposing team employed teamwork and wrecked your shit? Yeah I think it's fine.

Hiding 90% of the time happened with the AC/PPC meta too, are your ignorant or just bad?

LRMs are still easily countered and avoided. The only maps that arguably don't have adequate cover are caustic and alpine, both of which have sightlines of over 2km resulting in you getting your shit wrecked from Snipers from longer ranges on both of them.

I'm sorry, but anyone having trouble with the current LRMs is just bad and needs to up their game.

#98 Niklaus Kotare

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 22 March 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

LRM Buff has pushed the game into the right direction.

The LRMs seem OP/too much right now because there is no viable alternative, except Jumpsniping (which is almost impossibru now too)

Once they fixed SRMs and Brawling in general, people will start using different weapons again.

In other words... the game is broke. You said it yourself. Before patch.. it was fun pretty much for everyone with certain annoyances.. after patch only the LRM boaters running around saying "This is fun". Okay then boaters.. enjoy your ******* game lamers.

#99 Ajantise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 22 March 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

So, pretty much the entire opposing team employed teamwork and wrecked your shit? Yeah I think it's fine.

Hiding 90% of the time happened with the AC/PPC meta too, are your ignorant or just bad?

LRMs are still easily countered and avoided. The only maps that arguably don't have adequate cover are caustic and alpine, both of which have sightlines of over 2km resulting in you getting your shit wrecked from Snipers from longer ranges on both of them.

I'm sorry, but anyone having trouble with the current LRMs is just bad and needs to up their game.

It is not that i get killed, i can hide an kill just fine, but it is the inability to play 90% of the game is frustrating. I am not a noob, i know how to play, and i don't mind being killed by players with skill.
The game is all about LRM now, if you lose ECM or are not close to cover you are dead in 5 sec, it is boring...
The game is punishing brave players, and rewarding the cowards...

#100 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

The game is punishing the brave stupid players foolish enough to try to engage head on.

Flank the LRM boats, wide. Not like it's hard to track the missiles back to the boater anyway.

With the previous AC/PPC meta you were dead in 5 secs if you were not close to cover also. Lets not forget, ACs/PPCs also work at close range.

This is a (barely) meta that has obvious and relatively (compared to any other meta) easily exploited weaknesses. Just because players utterly refuse to exploit those weaknesses does not make LRMs OP. It just makes the players stupid.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users