Team Damage Not Team Kills

24 replies to this topic

Poll: PGI should change the stat 'Team Kills' to 'Total Team Damage' (110 member(s) have cast votes)

PGI should change the stat 'Team Kills' to 'Total Team Damage'

1. Yes (7 votes [6.36%])

Percentage of vote: 6.36%

2. No (7 votes [6.36%])

Percentage of vote: 6.36%

3. Keep Team Kill but also add Team damage. (96 votes [87.27%])

Percentage of vote: 87.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hi

I think PGI should change the stat 'Team Kills' to 'Total team Damage' on the final score card after a battle.

Agree / disagree?

#2 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

After a few minutes of thinking about it, this idea grew on me more than I expected.

#3 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

They track team damage so they absolutely should show team damage (and team kills) at the end of the match and penalize players for it just as they reward players for doing damage to enemies.

#4 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

I like this idea. On occasion team damage will happen, mainly when the guy with tunnel vision runs right in front of a friendly assaults line of fire. Not your fault but it happens. On other occasions you have newer players who just haven't gotten the hang of their mech yet... Understandable, but not excusable. If you ask me, team damage penalties would help new players get their aim straight by incentavizing learning to aim and fire their weapons properly.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Don't replace team kills with team damage, but definitely SHOW team damage, so players who are hitting friendlies a lot can see how much damage they're doing to their own team. I suspect many people aren't really aware of just how much FF they actually do.

#6 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:18 AM

Definitely both should be displayed, and subtract CBills based on team damage also.

Additionally we need some indicator while playing, both visual and audible, when a weapon hits a friendly. A buzzing sound like in PS2 and some quick temporary reticle change to indicate it should be fine.

#7 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

they need too add that 0.5t IFF that they had in MW4.. would solve a lot of that..

#8 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

Friendly fire happens. PGI have stated they expect it to happen, but that should not mean there should not be a consequence for FF. I think the TK penalty is too low and there show be a "deduction" to one's C-bils earned for Team Damage (FF) as well. It does happen on accident and on purpose, right now the only way to discourage it on purpose is to return fire with fire. It's not right but it is school yard rules. As for the guy that cuts off your shot, There are accidental and on purpose FF, some ppl think they are "teaching the teammate a lesson", but the reality is the person who pulled the trigger is at fault, no different then if you rearend another vehicle on the road, it is never there fault for stopping. You may not agree with this, but that just makes you wrong. It is the way it is. Sometimes a simple sorry is the appropriate response. Sometimes the victim needs to return and alpha, and the two bullies can duke it out, but it hurts the team. Teamwork wins.

#9 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Voted yes, then changed my vote due to peer pressure.

I guess TKs are a useful stat for identifying griefers, but total damage is more generally useful.

The guy who hits a friendly Jenner pilot's cherry CT with two MG rounds should be penalized less than the BoomJager who accidentally keeps tagging friendlies in the arm while trying to shoot past them.

#10 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

Seems silly to get a team kill when you do 1 dmg with a stray medium pulse laser to a cored XL torso while trying to shoot the guy attacking him and get penalized, when the direwolf next to you did 50 dmg to the guy previously in the match trying to shoot somebody in front of him.

#11 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

I think a simple solution for some of the previous (and warranted) concerns, is to simply have a "grace window" of xxx-damage. Inside the grace window, your FF or accidental team kill doesn't penalise your c-bills/xp, once you've accumulated a certain ammount of damage, then it all kicks in (and retros?). It should show your FF/TK numbers regardless. I might also consider that after a certain ammount of FF-damage, your marker changes to indicate you as an enemy unit (to both teams?).

I agree about penalising careless players (and even more, vindictive turncoats), but i also know FF happens in out of control situations too. I am very considerate of FF, and do my best to avoid it, however, sometime someone run in front of me while I am zoomed, or steps out from behind cover unnexpectedly, etc.

#12 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

People dont need to be hugging mechs to shoot at them, some do it to block team mates from getting a kill...

and i have gotten TK for some numnutz walking infront of me while i'm firing...

and i have been killed because of some a$$hat walking up behind me and keeping me from being able to back out of a firing position... they should get hit with the TK penalty!

#13 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

show TD and TKs on the final overview screen (for everyone to see)

#14 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:43 AM

Just NO .... HELL NO , the game is already grindy on c-bills as it is. Sure penalize some of for killing a team member, but f--- friendly fires(FF) happen even in real life, and my experience with this game is that FF happens most often when the guy that gets shot is doing something stupid ... like running in front of team mates that are blasting away. The game should not penalize people because their teamates were dumb a---es and didn't pay attention to where they were piloting.

#15 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:32 AM

Sure. But no penalties. If you're entailing penalties for team damage, then this is a horrible idea.

#16 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

I say that, like they deduct team damage points from your tournament scores when they run those events, they should deduct team damage from your c-bill earnings in normal games.

That said, team kills should remain, though if they do implement c-bill penalties for team damage then team kills could have a smaller c-bill penalty.

#17 Koda Shy

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTriPoint-Kapenja

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

i think it would be great to see how i and others can see how they miss fire or hurt their own side. could even be an achievement for like total matches played only some much dmg done kinda thing.

#18 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

Team damage should be penalized, and accidental TKs happen. A combination of Team Damage and Team Kill penalties would be best. An accidental TKer is penalized some CB&XP, but the guy that purposely shoots teammates should be penalized heavily.

#19 MuzMuzMuz

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

I strongly agree team damage should be shown, simple awareness is often curative.

I think the team kill penalty is far two weak at -10,000 cbills. It should simply void xp and cbill earnings for the match. TK's are so rare for honest players it shouldn't be a problem. Every third strike should be an automatic 1/2 hour ban at the end of round.

Further, a -1000 cbill per point of team damage penalty might curb some of the deliberate team damage. It's certainly not every match - but I've seen frustrated players take it out on their teammates too often recently with little to no fear of penalty, then type absurd, wrong or imagined justifications up in chat.

I'm pretty sick of being shot in the back at the start of the match or having teamates deal more damage to me than the enemy.

Edited by MuzMuzMuz, 15 October 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#20 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostOP8, on 26 March 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

After a few minutes of thinking about it, this idea grew on me more than I expected.

I think they have a cream for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users