“Huginn” Raven Hero Mech Now Available!

142 replies to this topic

#121 Talan01

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Inner Sphere

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

3 energy slots in one arm 3 ballistics in the other. Then 1 missile mount point in each side torso. Beastly!

#122 GhostEel

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

... "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, for it tolls for thee"

#123 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

hey guys ,those that have the huginn. can u pls check the weapon grouping under mech lab. see whats ur srm6 damage number? i change mine to srm6 art.. and it show damage 2 ..lol

#124 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Giving it 1 energy might make it too much of a upgrade to a raven 4x

with 2 more ballistics and 1 more missle for the downside of 1 less energy
i dunno

anyway
raise the engine cap to 295 for all ravensssssssss

#125 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Running with this: UAC Huginn, it does miracles - just learn to not get hit. :P

#126 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostChemie, on 02 April 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

JJ - one other raven offers this and is still useless

What game are you playing where JJs are useless?

#127 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostTank, on 07 April 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Running with this: UAC Huginn, it does miracles - just learn to not get hit. :P

You sir, are crazy. I too am Mad. I still prefer my Raven 4x with UAC5, 2 medium laser, LRM5 and 160 armor with a jump jet, but I waded into the Huginn on the Public Test Server. For me, it was ac2 x2 and srm2 x 2... with 1 jump jet, xl200 and also about 160 armor. But TWO UAC5... that's wonderfully insane. 3 tons of ammo... 90 rounds... 45 apiece.

You know what this says? ITS BETTER TO BURN OUT, THAN FADE AWAY, BABY!

#128 Cromwill

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 02 April 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

Just like..... every other mech with an ECM variant is a no-brainer? Raven? Check. Spider? Check. Commando? Check. Cicada? Check. Atlas? Well, you could make an argument for the RS, but.... check.

The fact that the 1.5 ton fairy box is so good that no one would ever dream of unequipping it for any other build in existence should be a fairly good indication of how OP it is. For those who look at the meta and can't already see the writing on the wall, that is.

^This. It kills me, but 3/3/3/3 if the slot has ECM that is what you will bring. This is too obvious even for PGI developers, I can only assume that this is how they want it.

Honestly, I watched the dev blog just so I could put faces to the people who have done so little with what could be so great. (*see Star Citizen and compare not only the interaction with the community, how well they listen, but the humility they demonstrate in development). PGI by contrast exemplifies an arrogance that they "know best" I think their track record, and community relations demonstrate otherwise and a cursory overview of other companies makes it a factual and fair assessment.

Edited by Cromwill, 08 April 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#129 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostMad Porthos, on 07 April 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

You sir, are crazy. I too am Mad. I still prefer my Raven 4x with UAC5, 2 medium laser, LRM5 and 160 armor with a jump jet, but I waded into the Huginn on the Public Test Server. For me, it was ac2 x2 and srm2 x 2... with 1 jump jet, xl200 and also about 160 armor. But TWO UAC5... that's wonderfully insane. 3 tons of ammo... 90 rounds... 45 apiece.

You know what this says? ITS BETTER TO BURN OUT, THAN FADE AWAY, BABY!

How one good merc sad - "I'm an all in kinda guy". :)
Won staring contest against 4x AC2 Jagger yesterday, and overall I get very intimidating results against any heavy mech - they just don't expect this munch mean attitude from a Raven.

Edited by Tank, 08 April 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#130 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostTank, on 07 April 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Running with this: UAC Huginn, it does miracles - just learn to not get hit. :)

Sir you show a remarkable level of insanity worthy of any of the loonies in my house, Marik salutes you sir!

Do you by chance know my colleauge The B33f? :o

#131 LoeKie

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

If every mech came out in the Perfect build, there would be no need for a mech lab.

This Hero directs you down a path of play out side your comfort zone?

Then adapt and try it.

#132 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 02 April 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

While this is only a micro poll compared to what most MWO polls are the following MechSpecs Huginn poll shows that people aren't really happy with the hero mech.

Yes, loving it!: 2 (8.3%)

No, it is garbage: 14 (58.3%)

No, it needs tweaking (explain): 5 (20.8%)

Don't care; I don't pilot lights: 3 (12.5%)

Add B and C and you get 79.1% of people are unhappy with the mech in one form or another.

The fact that it wasn't given ECM was going to ensure this was the result, the community regardless of how small the voting pool, was going to 'neg rep' it.

fact is it works and gets a lot of kills which seems to be more important for quite a few of the 'target demograph' than damage output.

I thought it would suck terrible but its not really that bad in either lrm, srm or streak mode

Edited by Cathy, 10 April 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#133 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 03 April 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

but does that make it worthwhile? once you max it out will you actually drive it still vs a 3L or Ember? Im willing to bet you really won't drive it much..

How many La Malinche's do you see on the field now that the 3E is out? How many Pretty Baby's vs 8Rs and 9Ms. Boar's Heads vs DDcs.. They are ok Heroes but the c-bill variants are better and as you'd expect you see them more often.

I don't see very many La malinche's on the battle maps that's true, but thats not the mechs fault its PGI with their over kill ballistic meta.

The others are I personally don't think very good examples I use my founders atlas more than I do the DDC, i'd use my BP more than the other awesomes and as for the dragon slayer if that could fit a ac20 its the only one i'd use

#134 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostJaz 249, on 09 April 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Sir you show a remarkable level of insanity worthy of any of the loonies in my house, Marik salutes you sir!

Do you by chance know my colleauge The B33f? :)

Hadn't had such honor, but if your colleague is all the way dakka as I am - I will be happy to meet him someday. ;)

House Marik is welcome, one of houses together with Steiner on witch side I will face Clans.

#135 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

I tried the dual AC2's last night and it does have a roll like this. With a bit of hill humping or cover humping if you will, there is no other mech in the game that has such a tiny frontal profile. So as a result you can thump away constantly at your foes with relative impunity as at range as you should be your extremely difficult to hit. It also has just enough tonnage to carry adequate ammo and enough heatsinks to enable near constant firing.

This constant barrage can happily be sprayed across the whole enemy team if you want. Assuming you have a good team on your side that will result in lots of kill assists and the suppressive fire is also useful if your team is getting a little low on firepower. You may not be doing a huge amount of damage but it adds up and keeps the enemy down. I was having good times aiming at the enemy's cockpits last night and took down a Jaeger with this method.

In my first two games last night with this set up i got something like 538 and 436 points of damage and at least one kill and ran out of ammo on the former. Not too shabby for a light.

Or pick your targets carefully to ensure you don't waste ammo and a viable mini LRM boat:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9fa597c5b976cdd

Or:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...340f1c6a4fb36cb

Or last but not least the Crit seeker:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8961c9e72ee83d2

Edited by mad kat, 11 April 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#136 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm already putting upup regular 700+ in this honey and Paul is gonna whack a full second off of the cooldown on my preferred damage dealer?

Cue the maniacal laughter...

#137 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ca4a64c5f20cdce

This is the best config i find.

#138 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

How come there is still no cool video out for this raven hero mech?

#139 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

View Postclownwarlord, on 14 April 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

How come there is still no cool video out for this raven hero mech?

Because it would involve 5 minutes of dakka and some lacklustre srm volleys and jumpjets that hardly make the mech 'fly' suggests even pgi think its un impressive. And i get the impression that pgi doesnt think a mech is cool unless freakin lazer beams are emanating from the mech

Which in the right role (picking off the wounded and cut off mechs) this mech is anything but. But compare it to the firebrand video for example the huginn would at first glance be uterly boring to the casual viewer.

Edited by mad kat, 14 April 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#140 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

I just bought this baby a mo ago :lol:
As a ninja TDK pilot this mech sounds right up me street :lol: I name her Fleshrender.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users