• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostWill9761, on 25 October 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

It's good that you are back.

Thanks Will. I see you gave in to your latent desire to play as a Clanner.

#202 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostNoesis, on 25 October 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

I could never be as Chameleon like as yourself Ed. But wish you every success in finding a unit where you might finally feel comfortable and suits your own preference with MWO.

Thank you. My comment was mostly in jest, not a personal attack, as I admire the effort that you put into the Dark Born. I still like the look and the idea of the Dark Born, however, the implementation of Clan mechs in MWO has left a bad taste in my mouth and I am happier as an IS pilot. Too bad though, it seems that a large majority of IS pilots have switched to the Clans (as I did for a short time).

#203 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

#204 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostNoesis, on 26 October 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Clever

#205 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

Now that Clan Mechs are out, I can finally show off some Dark Born pageantry.

Somehow, I think that a dark gray-on-dark gray with black accents could be a good uniform scheme for your unit.

Dark Born Warhawk
Posted Image

Dark Born Kit Fox
Posted Image

Dark Born Summoner
Posted Image

Dark Born Stormcrow:
Posted Image

#206 Ninthshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:17 PM

After a first tour with the Dark Born, I could not help but volunteer for a second one. Complete with Clan Mechs and all that other lovely stuff.

I am pretty sure we think along the same lines there Will. In fact, that Kitfox looks rather similar to how I run one of mine! I like those.

#207 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

Posted Image

#208 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

The subject of paint scemes has been brought up before and the idea was to use black or deep greys as one of the main colours as the defining characteristic of being Dark Born.

Then the idea of other colours retaining any main Clan Faction colours to show previous affiliations or a "fall from grace" with the Mech use for pilots if they wished to do so.

Likewise from official Lore with the majority of assets being raided or salvage items then the more rag tag chaotic spectrum of colour use could equally be applied.

TBH, considering that the game handles associations with tags and red vs blue indicators other than some more random and chaotic moments I cannot personally see a need to prescribe how people would want to paint their Mechs. And when you consider the future potential inclusion of Decals that might provide for Unit sumbitted logos this then could afford extra recognition in game.

I have indicated then a preference for Black and deep greys to show any allegiance with the Dark Born but not as something that is necessary. I personally tend to use a combination of obsidian black and battleship grey for my own Mechs.

Edited by Noesis, 27 October 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#209 Fakirzoran

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra/North America/Spokane

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:42 AM

My current clan is at +8 GMT where as I am -8 (PST). it makes for some strange drops. My other problem is that my sound board failed and I am unable to use TS3 until around Nov 7. I have been doing drops, but not with my group. What Time Zone does your group lie in?

#210 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

The Dark Born is in the process of re-establishing itself but there is no considered exclusion to any TZ membership.

The organisation is also considered as 2 tier with a casual and more organised path. This then ideally catering for numerous play styles including more lone wolf type orientated personalities. But with the process of recruiting members to establish the group then the only applied use is the casual path atm. Please refer to The Silk here: http://mwodarkborn.e...om/organisation which describes the potential growth of more organised groups or the rouge path but also the Assassin path which provides for the more casual alternative.

The planned progression path is as follows:

Posted Image

But the current orientation process and trials of blooding wont become relevant until there is significant membership and training support staff to best support such elements.

The idea of organised groups then is for players who prefer to be in more disciplined groups who like to focus more on the 12 man team game play style in addition to any solo or lance play. Neither path excluding the idea of being able to play either 12 mans or other game play styles. The two paths only cater for player preferences in how pilots would want to best organise themselves and the process or command structure is developed with a process of empowerment in mind. This then allowing like minded players to organise themselves within the group with a support structure and progression process helpful to those needs.

The use of TS3 however will be a requirement for membership to the group.

Edited by Noesis, 27 October 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#211 Fakirzoran

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra/North America/Spokane

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

No problem, after I get my sound board fixed, I will drop by and we shall see how it goes.

#212 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

View PostFakirzoran, on 27 October 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

No problem, after I get my sound board fixed, I will drop by and we shall see how it goes.

Undestood Fakizoran. If you have the patience to see through the recruting phase for your TZ in question then it will hopefully go well, but I cant promise how soon those things will be established of course.

There is always Strana Mechty, NGNG and other relations that we can establish with to help with mutual gameplay populations in the interim as we grow, but it will take a while to get numbers up. Nothing of course preventative of people stepping up to help with these areas as part of officer material or as a member being able to be an Ambassador for these things either. The idea then of these public channels also helping as a place to befriend others and make them aware to the Dark Born as an option.

Anyhow when you have your PC in working order let me know and we can arrange a time on TS when I can discuss any aspirations for yourself in the unit.

Edited by Noesis, 28 October 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#213 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

#214 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:02 AM

Posted Image

The Codex is back on-line for Dark Born members.

This allows the recording of a number of social preferences in the unit aswell as recording MWO stats to be used as a reference tool.

A handy report is then provided that includes some pretty graphs and additional metrics offering helpful awareness to applied Mech piloting.

#215 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:37 AM

Greetings Fellow Dark Caste! I like the spin youve put on the Underground. Like you Clan Black Sheep encorporates From all of the Clans, Freeborn,Bloodnamed, Merchant, Tech and paper pushers, as well as the Gentlepersons of Fortune, Independants and scoundrels of the Inner Sphere. I myself travelled with Aleksandr and the SLDF and then Nicholas instructed me of his plans and the need of a group that takes in those highly skilled misfits and give them a place as well as not be directly influenced by the Grand Council , because there is going to be a need of Things done that arent so nice and structured or Morally tasteful. I look forward to our future encounters

#216 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image

The Dark Born Armory is now online.

This provides weapon data and other profiling information with useful metrics and graphs to help analyse weapon characterics.

This information is available to all registered users on the Dark Born site: http://mwodarkborn.enjin.com

#217 Ninthshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

Going all in with the utility I see Noesis!

I'm all for pretty graphs. Much easier to reference when deciding what to do with those parts that uh... fell off the back off a dropship.

Nice to see my favourite aspect of clan culture getting a little more recognised too.

#218 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

RIG = Role Information Gadget is now online.

The RIG tool allows pilots to compare their Mech builds with standardised roles. It also records and maintains the listings in a library as comprehensive build information. In addition to this it also links actual pilot codex data (MWO stats) that then allows the pilot to actually compare their own piloting styles for various mech builds.

Edited by Noesis, 30 October 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#219 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Noesis, 31 October 2014 - 02:06 AM.

#220 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users