#1 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image

The month of may is drawing closer, and with it the Solaris 7 House Championship Battlemech Lance Tournament draws closer too. As of now the first 26 teams boarded their dropships and are on their way to Solaris 7, the game world. Over 100 of the best men and woman the Inner Sphere has to offer have already signed up and are eagerly awaiting their first battles.
This won´t be a fight for a house, somebody elses schemes or some pile of rock or dirt somewhere in space. They will fight to prove who they are, and what they are capable of!

We have a few additions to the ruleset in order to address inquirys of participants, so here is the updated ruleset.
  • Every team will bring 4 Battlemechs with an total weight between 180 and 235 tons to the Battlefield.
  • A team consists of 4 Pilots and up to 2 reserve pilots. Pilots may serve as reserve pilots in a second team, but not as a main pilot and not in more than one additional team.
  • The armament of the Battlemechs is subject to two restrictions:
    First: Pinpoint Damage above 29 Points is prohibited. This regards Gauss Rifles, Ac20s, Ac10s, Ac5, UAc5s, Ac2s, PPCs, and ER PPCs. You may however add other weapons than those to achieve a higher damage output.
    Second: No Mech is allowed to carry more than 40 LRMs
  • On larger maps the area of engagement will be restricted to a prechosen set of coordinates. We will chose this coordinates and publish them here well before the start of the tournament.
  • Each match will have a timelimit of 6 Minutes.
  • It is prohibited to open fire on any mech outside of a match. If a player does so he will be disqualified. His team however may continue as long as it has enough reserve pilots.
  • Independent judges will oversee the adherence of the rules.
  • Teams that fail to adhere to the rules or fail to be ready at the schedules time of the match, will be declared loser of the match.
  • Repeated violation of the rules stated above will result in disqualification of the whole team.
  • Should a team suffer one disconnect before or at the very start of a match, before the fighting started, the other team is required to relinquish a Mech with the closest weight possible.
  • Does the disconnect happen after the fighting has started the match goes on and the disconnected Mech counts as a lost Mech.
  • Does a team lose more than two Mechs before or at the very beginning of a match the match will be repeated during the following week, with judging, but without streaming.
  • However, if a team suffers more than one disconnect after the fighting has started all dosconnected Mechs will count as lost. This is neccessary to prevent abuse.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each Team will start in a group of 4 teams and play 3 matches in that group. The best two teams of each group will continue to the next round.
The rounds will continue untill there are only 4 teams left. Those 4 teams will fight each other for first, second and third place.
Contrary to our previous plans we will not have seperate groups for seperate factions.

The first group rounds of the tournament will beginn on Saturday the 10th of May 2014 and continue on Saturday the 17th of May 2014.
The following rounds and the finals will be held on May 24th and May 31st 2014.

With the end of the first round of registrations on Friday the 11th of April we have decided to limit the number of participating teams to 48.
Feel free to register a team and secure one of the 22 open places left.
  • To register just send an email to s7housechampionships@gmail.com
  • We will need the following informations from every team that wants to enter:
  • Teamname
  • Unit / Clan / Chapter (only if the case, and only 2 teams per unit)
  • Player 1 - Teamleader and contact person
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5 (only if the case)
  • Player 6 (only if the case)
  • The timezone your team is based in (we need to know that so we can pair you with teams from similar timezones)
  • Prefered day for your qualification (not guaranteed)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will try to stream all the matches live on twitch.tv, however we can not guarantee that there will be a stream available for every match.
Those matches will be streamed with a five minute delay to prevent cheating. The streams will be commentated in english and german.

From now on, all further updates regarding the tournament will be available in this thread. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Edited by Klappspaten, 22 April 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#2 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:02 AM

An quick update on the scheduling:
I am working on the exact schedule for each of the Saturdays on which the matches will be held and I will post it here tomorrow.
The schedule will include the exact times for all of the 12 initial groups.

Each group will consist of 4 teams and will be set up according to the timezones the teams are from and as close as possible to the times you have stated in your registration. Each group will make 3 drops and all 4 teams in it will make one match in each drop. Teams will only be required to be online for the time their group drops. Which will be just over an hour.

#3 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image

As promised I have the first schedule for the teams that have registered so far. I have assorted the teams under consideration of three aspects:
  • The timezone stated in the registration, so you are fighting peple that are just about as tired or awake as you are.
  • The prefered day stated in the registration, at least wherever a team stated a preference.
  • And if possible only one team of a certain unit in each group, so you don´t have to kick each other out in the first round. However I can not guarantee you that it keeps like that.
However, the scheduled times are not written in stone. All times depend on how the launch module will actually look when it is here, so keep in mind that the times might change. At the moment I scheduled an hour for each group, which is what we hope will be possible. Because of the size of the tournament we need to keep a strict regiment over the times. That means for you that you should be online and ready at least ten minutes before the stated time.

In the worst case scenario the one hour window for each group will expand to one and a half hour, so even if everything goes wrong you won´t need to be online for more that two hours at maximum.

You can download the schedule as an Microsoft Exel file under this link:
MW:O Solaris 7 House Championships - Battlemech Lance Tournament - schedule round 1, 10th & 17th may 2014

If you find your team scheduled at a time that you can not make please let me know, we will then try to rearange so that every team will be able to participate. Please remember however that we can not hold a group with less than 3 teams, and that when you are in a smaller group you will play less matches.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore I have another addition to the rules:
  • Should a team suffer one disconnect before or at the very start of a match, before the fighting started, the other team is required to relinquiss a Mech with the closest weight possible.
  • Does the disconnect happen after the fighting has started the match goes on and the disconnected Mech counts as a lost Mech.
  • Does a team lose more than two Mechs before or at the very beginning of a match the match will be repeated during the following week, with judging, but without streaming.
  • However, if a team suffers more than one disconnect after the fighting has started all dosconnected Mechs will count as lost. This is neccessary to prevent abuse.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far I am happy to tell you that registrations are going very well. We have 32 registered teams. But there is still room for 16 more teams!
So if you are not on the list you should get some friends together and register, otherwise you are really missing out.

To register just send an email to s7housechampionships@gmail.com or send me an PM.
We will need the following informations from every team that wants to enter:
  • Teamname
  • Unit / Clan / Chapter (only if the case, and only 2 teams per unit)
  • Player 1 - Teamleader and contact person
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5 (only if the case)
  • Player 6 (only if the case)
  • The timezone your team is based in (we need to know that so we can pair you with teams from similar timezones)
  • Prefered day for your qualification (not guaranteed)

Edited by Klappspaten, 25 April 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#4 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Not to jack your thread here sir, will you have anyone streaming? it would behoove you to get alist of people from teams whom might stream during their matches. Just a thought.

#5 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

We will have multiple streams, with english and german live commentary. Fortunately I´m in a rather large clan, the Blue Vengeance, which can handle the streaming.
The thing is we (or better I) spend a lot of time on this and my clan is getting nothing out of this except the viewers on the streams and hopefully some members. So we would prefer to do the streams ourselves. And a tournament this big is a lot of work, especially if you do it in your past time.
And every streamer who is not from the Blue Vengeance would basically lower the views we get on our streams.

#6 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

25th Skye Rangers signed up! :(

#7 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

I personally think a google doc spread sheet, instead of something we have to download would have been better

#8 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 24 April 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

I personally think a google doc spread sheet, instead of something we have to download would have been better

Come on, its 25k.
Plus I don´t even know what google doc is. :lol:

Edited by Klappspaten, 24 April 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#9 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Google_Docs

Google Docs is a free, web-based office suite offered by Google within its Google Drive service.It allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating with other users live. so basically any changes that happend to the google doc, everybody who had the link would see the change instead of having to send out another message with the new document, and hoping everybody sees the new one.

Edited by fluffypinkbunny, 24 April 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#10 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Google Docs are awesome. You can find them here. https://drive.google.com You need a Google account, but you can edit documents simultaneously with other people without conflicting. You can keep a fully detailed edit history, so it's basically impossible to break or lose things. And you can chose how to share documents. Super useful.

I'm confused about some of your team scheduling entries.

Antares Pirates and Thundering Bacon seem to be included in Group 3 and Group 4 on Saturday, May 10th. Why are they in 2 groups? Is this an error, or did I misunderstand the system? I thought each team would qualify in one group.

Edited by ProfessorD, 24 April 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#11 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

That sounds nice, I think I will do that tomorrow.

#12 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

I changed the link in the post above to bring you to the google docs document.

#13 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

We still have spots open!
We have 6 open spots on Saturday 10th and even 7 on Saturday 17th. If you want to participate you can register your team until the tournament starts.
That also means that if you want to have your first match on the 17th you can register until that day, as long as there are spots left!

#14 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

God damnit, I wish I could make Klapp but I'll be out of town. On behalf of myself I just want to thank you and BV for all that you're doing! Looking foward to watching the recordings of all of the action when I get back. Good luck Mechwarriors!

o7

#15 Santanico Pandamonium

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFt. Hood TX

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Are these matches best 2 of 3 drops, 3 of 4, or just 1 drop rules them all?

Maybe, I overlooked it in the rules set - but I can't find the verbage.

TM!

#16 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostSantanico Pandamonium, on 30 April 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

Are these matches best 2 of 3 drops, 3 of 4, or just 1 drop rules them all?

Maybe, I overlooked it in the rules set - but I can't find the verbage.

TM!

Its a group format. You will start in a group of 4 teams and fight each of the other teams once. The two best teams of each group continue into the next round.

Edited by Klappspaten, 30 April 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#17 Santanico Pandamonium

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFt. Hood TX

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Got it!

Play each team in your group once, best 2 records moves the next round.

TM!

edit: *sent in an application*

Edited by Santanico Pandamonium, 30 April 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#18 Eagle

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 41 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Have the engagement zone been posted?

#19 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostEagle, on 04 May 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Have the engagement zone been posted?

Since the private matches allow us to choose a map we will leave that out and just stick to the smaller maps.
There will be a post about the maps tomorrow.

#20 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

the final count down !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users