#21 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 15 April 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Give me some well piloted mediums and I make your Atlai dance. :)

Truth, im actually pretty bad at assualts, i just like them.

#22 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostMason West, on 15 April 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

Atlai wins fool, nothing shall stop the coming of the great titan! Its just going to take a long time... Atlai only moves at 48 Kph.

unless of course you are a medieval spiderman with ginormous boxcutters. Titan's only weakness.

#23 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

As a devout Pastafarian I don't mind any of the demonic names in the game.

#24 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

This mech is part of the Batteltech Lore. Read the books. Then you have to blame an author for a book he wrote 25 years ago?

The only Thing here wich is really to blame..There should bee just ONE mech with that Name. This could bee won by a tournament. Not bought! You should bee worthy to drive that mech. Now he is mostly Canon fooder. He should not derserve that!

Some names should bee limited. Kerensky? Sorry NO CAN DO!

#25 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

Actual Chinese coming through. Calm your ****, professional here.

Yen-Lo, being the "lord of hell" by definition, belongs to a totally separate mythology system - a VERY loose one that is really more of a folk lore than an actual religion. Yen-Lo is not "evil" per se, he's the grand judge of the underworld who decides whether a soul, judging from his or her deeds in the life time, goes to the next life or goes to purgatory. He also has a bunch of minor affiliates, including but not limited to Gozu, Mezu and Black/White Wu-chang, to collect souls, guard the hell and what not.

If you have to shove that into your Christian arse and get offended by it, then I've got nothing to say to you.

EDIT: apparently "t*ts" is still on the list. Also, what might be a problem is that PGI altered the design and put a giant Japanese navy flag on YLW's chest....

Edited by Helmstif, 16 April 2014 - 05:08 AM.

#26 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 16 April 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

EDIT: apparently "t*ts" is still on the list. Also, what might be a problem is that PGI altered the design and put a giant Japanese navy flag on YLW's chest....

Yes that is true, a distinct Chinese design would have been a nice thing for that Mech.
But I can understand why they did it that way, the sun with 16 rays is a very well known design after all.

And its such a nice point to aim at.

#27 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 16 April 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

Yes that is true, a distinct Chinese design would have been a nice thing for that Mech.
But I can understand why they did it that way, the sun with 16 rays is a very well known design after all.

And its such a nice point to aim at.

The design is fairly close to the original:

http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=4936

#28 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

Somebody in the forums did this a while ago:
PGI should implement it as a second paintscheme
Posted Image

#29 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 April 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

BUT ANYWAYS! I said I was sorry for bringing it up! I said I was dropping it. So why are you still after me?

Because posts are forever, and now anyone who googles or searches this site for Yen-lo-Wang gets your post. Infamous? That's even MORE than famous!!

Posted Image

#30 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

You are making one important mistake Marack, budhist gods and for example the christian god are not really comparable. In Budhism as in Shintoism gods are not the omnipotent, omnipresent beeings more recent religions believe in. They are, in a way, ghosts of nature, spirits if you want.
Almost everything has a spirit, for example. Every stone, every rock, every pebble has a spirit. The mountains they form together have a larger, more superior spirit. Its basically the same with Yen Lo Wang, in chinese mythology, not budhism by the way, he is the spirit of the underworld, and there are more spirits, lesser spirits that represent the lesser aspects of the underworld below him.
Yen Lo Wang is in no way comparable to satan. If only by not beeing an evil entity.

P.S. Im not after you at all, I just continue a discussion that I find interesting.
You started it and now its out there, threads like this never die, they just transform and get something bigger more mean than they where when they started. ^^

#31 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

And now?

Someone had a bad day

#32 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 15 April 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

unless of course you are a medieval spiderman with ginormous boxcutters. Titan's only weakness.

I finally got around to watching that show, I love it so much.

#33 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

And did you know there are people who still believe in Yen Lo? Buddhists! He is a Buddhist god. So it may be folk lore in China, but not i Tibet, Nepal, parts of India, etc. Again people fail to understand there is more than 1 point of view and there are more than 2. Some cultures (like the Wickens) still believe in Greek gods and Egyptian gods. Just because you don't believe a person's beliefs it does not mean you should discard them.

First, he's not a just a Buddhist god (going across multiple cultures that), and by the hundreds of gods in Buddhism, Yen-Lo is way down the hierarchy of worshiping list. Second, just because he is a god, doesn't mean we can't poke fun on him. Marvel has portrayed Norse gods into aliens for years. Third, wouldn't that be one more reason for a Christian to NOT get butthurt over a god that's not even Christian?

Also,

BUT ANYWAYS! I said I was sorry for bringing it up! I said I was dropping it. So why are you still after me?

Because it happens to be a topic of my knowledge and interest, and also, in case you forgot, the Internet LUUUUUUUUUUUVz to pick on butthurt Christians. :) :D

I'm outta here.

#34 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 15 April 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Okay sorry everyone. I know I just had a big hissy fit about this and all and I apologize. I was not a troll and was a legit complaint but it is rather silly and immature so I am dropping it and I apologize Ego and PGI.

Haha, disappoint. I read all the posts up till there trying to find the punchline, but you're serious? Oh god, my sides...

#35 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 April 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

1. I am not butthurt anymore.
2. If it is fine to poke fun at someone for what he believes in how about I start calling you a Puny Communist! I doubt you would like it being called a Commy or sleazy Slit eyed Back stabber! Your philosophy is that it is fine to poke fun a someone on the internet for what they believe or for what culture they exist in. How about I start making jokes about your heritage and beliefs! Would you like it?
3. Why is it okay to poke fun at Yen Lo Wang/Yama (Buddhist) but if I was to say- Evolution is a scam and shaft I would be instantly moderated or yelled at. In reality Evolution is just a religion without God. Evolutionists cannot tell anyone in existence how the universe started and just say either- It was always there (which makes no sense as everything has a start) or We don't know and it is a mystery. How about I start making fun of it! Klapp would you like it if I said that everything you believe in is a sham! I can almost guarantee you wouldn't. Or Helmstif how about I poke fun at your lineage! Would you like it?

I am guessing no one here would like it if anyone started slamming their beliefs. So why do you do it?

I know the internet loves to pick on Christians but guess what I don't like to pick on anyone else because of their beliefs. I respect everyone's beliefs, and frankly I have studied more religions and mythologies than I care to count just so I can understand the cultures more.

Anyways if we are going to continue this discussion can we at least do it from a professional stand point without insulting each other?
Also I have thought about it for a while and decided I am fine with it being called Yen Lo Wang.

Dude, we had that before and I won´t write another 3, 5000 word posts about evolution and physics and the universe.
But I got to say three things:
  • Evolution is not a religion, its a fact based explanation for things we can observe, and it has all the evidence on its side. Scentists work in the way that they constantly try to disprove scientific theories like evolution, and to this day it has withstand every atempt to debunk it.
  • Evolution does not deal with the question how the universe came into existence. It doesn´t even deal with how live came into existence. It only deals with the way life changes (or evolves) over time.
  • I do not believe anything. I doubt! That is what atheism is essentially about. I hear a statement, I doubt it, and then I look at the evidence with my doubt in mind. Whenever I hear a statement I look at the evidence and try to disprove it, if I cant I have to conclude that it is true as far as I can tell and untill further evidence regarding the topic comes up. That is called the scientific approach.
    You can not mock my believe, because I have none. I just do not believe, anything at all.
    Not even evolution which I understand, and not even physics, which I love. I conclude that they seem to be true because that is what the evidence tells me. And I am ready and willing to change that conclusion as soon as the evidence does not support it any longer.

Edited by Klappspaten, 16 April 2014 - 10:04 AM.

#36 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hey, wow...
this thread is still a thing?

Freedom OF religion also means freedom FROM religion. It's a video game FFS, and last time I checked, no country in the world had a Constitutional Amendment stating that you are free from being offended, there's the door.

#37 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

IMPORTANT QUESTION GUYS!

How does the OP feel about Helldivers?

#38 ArmyOfWon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Although now I want to see a mech that does have Christian mythological leanings. Lucifer, Leviathan, Abaddon could all make excellent connotations of being demons on the battlefield.

...but if Yen Lo Wang offends someone, I don't know if anyone would be offended by using Christian/Jewish mythology. But then again those people might be offended by Dante's writings as well.

#39 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

^^^^
Don't be silly, if evolution is wrong it can be disproved. If it can't, then by definition it is right.

View PostArmyOfWon, on 16 April 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Although now I want to see a mech that does have Christian mythological leanings. Lucifer, Leviathan, Abaddon could all make excellent connotations of being demons on the battlefield.

...but if Yen Lo Wang offends someone, I don't know if anyone would be offended by using Christian/Jewish mythology. But then again those people might be offended by Dante's writings as well.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Demon_Series
http://www.sarna.net...elestial_series

Go hog wild.

#40 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

You're ignoring answers that people have already given you above in an aim to repeat creationist talking points that have been utterly discredited, all in the name of arguing against a point that nobody but you made. Stop being a shitposter in your own shitposting thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users