First Hero Omnimech?

49 replies to this topic

#21 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 21 April 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Corrected. And it should be a damned popular ride, considering it has a bigger payload than the Stormcrow and jump jets, at the expense of 5 tons and 10 kph. I look forward to using one. The fact that it is a Nova Cat designed machine might make me slightly biased, but considering what the chassis offers, I would love to use it.

I thought Nobori-Nin sounded too foreign. Guess that shows how familiar I am with it.

#22 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostLucur, on 21 April 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

Though the thought of IS scum riding in those fine omnis disgusts me beyond all, there is the possibility of Prometheus, Prince Victor Steiner-Davion's Dire Wolf...

Hey trashborne, tell us how you really feel. Clanners always get so miffed when IS pilots invalidate their genetics breeding program.

Posted Image

#23 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

as far as hero clans are concerned has pgi considered what would happen if unique omnipods were available on heros? would those pods, only accessable via cash, would then be swapped with other configs to totally meta up a mech then becoming... P2W?

it gets tricky when you consider the amount of swappable componant combos which can be made and then put pay walls on some of them, one weapon balance patch could be serious, like misery or muromets meta x10!

#24 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

I don't care what it is, as long as it's a Timber Wolf

#25 Targun Darklighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBroken Wheel Federated Commonwealth

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

ok in my honesty opinion it should be Star Colonel Aidan Pryde Timber Wolf(in Falcon Guards colors)and Natasha Dire Wolf Widowmaker(in 13th Wolf Guards colors) or The Bounty Hunter Mad Cat(lol i hope Not!!)
how this is my idea for a Smoke Jaguar hero Mech. Warhawk(Jaguar) config C?(in Jaguar Grenadiers colors) and for Ghost Bears i was thinking saKhan Aletha Kabrinski Fire Moth(Golden One) config D?(in Golden Bear colors)but there is no Fire moth(Dasher)at this time.Nova Cats was thinkng a Adder(Oracle) config D?(in 4th Nova Cat Guads color) and the Stell Vipers Nova(The Fury) in config F(replace HAG 20 with a UAC10)(in say 1st Viper Gaurds color). Diamond Sharks Summoner( Great white) in config M(in say the 369th Striker Cluster colors).

#26 Targun Darklighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBroken Wheel Federated Commonwealth

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 20 April 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

What do you guys think will be the first hero omnimech to be offered in MWO?

I sort of hoping that it's Phelan Kell's Dire wolf which he called "Lone Wolf"
which has
1 SRM 6
2 LRM 20's (swarm LRM's which means they have splash damage)
LB 10-X autocannon
AC 20
Guass rifle

OMG that would be beast in long range combat in MWO

then again they may also do Aidan Pryde's Timber Wolf which had jump jets or even better the TW used by bounty hunter which has both ECM and Tag equipped

NO! it should be a Wolf Hound IIC not a Dire Wolf!!
ok when was he in a Dire Wolf other then his Trail of Position. He as always been in a Wolf Hound.

#27 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostPhantom360, on 21 April 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

If mechwarrior online continues in the trend of releasing a new hero mech before the actual mech variants are realised it means we are more likely to see a Mad Dog or Hellbringer omni hero.
My best guess on these two would most probably be star commander/captain Joanna's Mad Dog or Hellbringer omni's.

Certainly a mech I would HAVE to get, Joanna is my absolute favorite BT character by a wide margin. This quote from "Falcon Guard" says it all:

"Star Captain Joanna, who had never won her Bloodname, who now was among the aging warriors, could not know that among so many soldiers, she was the ideal Clan warrior. Clan military theorists as far back as Nicholas Kerensky himself would have admired her total dedication. On a battlefield she carried in no weight that could not in some way be used in the combat. Even her hatred, deep as it ran, was useful to the objectives of warfare. And in the entire Jade Falcon Clan few warriors could build up a killing growl like Joanna."

#28 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

And someone just mentioned this to me, Joanna's Mad Dog needs to come with a hanging pair of spiked gloves - PGI MAKE IT SO!!!!!! :)

#29 Sochr000

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 20 April 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

What do you guys think will be the first hero omnimech to be offered in MWO?

I sort of hoping that it's Phelan Kell's Dire wolf which he called "Lone Wolf"
which has
1 SRM 6
2 LRM 20's (swarm LRM's which means they have splash damage)
LB 10-X autocannon
AC 20
Guass rifle

OMG that would be beast in long range combat in MWO

then again they may also do Aidan Pryde's Timber Wolf which had jump jets or even better the TW used by bounty hunter which has both ECM and Tag equipped

I thought he named it "Grinner" after a dog he had? Or did he rename it later(I'm only on like book 15)?

#30 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostMoenrg, on 30 April 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

And someone just mentioned this to me, Joanna's Mad Dog needs to come with a hanging pair of spiked gloves - PGI MAKE IT So! :)

Agreed! This would actually be fairly neat to have a in Cockpit Item purchased with the hero Mech, like the grid iron and the Cheerleader. A Cockpit Item that relates to the 'hero'

#31 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

I hope that approach for Clans' premium-Mechs' will be different from IS' 'hero-Mechs'. First, I'd like them to be called something different from 'hero' (will explain later), second, I would hate to see unique omni-pods on them. That's why:

Let's take for example premium Mad Dog and/or Hellbringer. I will buy them both 100%, as they are my fav 'Mechs. I would appreciate if some of them will be selling as Johanna's 'Mech (my fav BT books character), but I can't imagine Johanna using "personal" omni-pods. Individuality is almost hated in Clan society, it was loathed by stern Clan-warrior Johanna herself, so it's just impossible to me to imagine, lore-wise, I mean.
The Clan premium-Mech of my dream should differ from standard Clan Omni-Mech by:
  • They should have a 'legend' linking them to renown Clan warriors from the lore (enough of PGI's 'fantasy')
  • 30% income boost (I still hope for Clans to have separate economy with KE currency instead of filthy C-bills)
  • Default set of standard Omni-Pods. It could be mix from different standard configurations, but not more!
  • Unique chassis' quirks (e.g. JJs in Aidan Pryde's T-wolf traded for MGs and MPL)
  • Unique Clan camo (with option to replace original Clan Insignia, maybe)
P.S. I hate the idea of 'heroic' version of Clan Omni-Mech piloted by IS scum (as described in post below), be it Victor Davion or some filthy mercenary. There is enough space in IS lore for IS 'hero' Mechs, leave Omni-Mechs to Clans.

Edited by Featherwood, 09 May 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#32 Tirick Fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 172 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

I'd love to see Don Carlos Camancho's (and later Kali MacDougall's) 'Great White' Timberwolf, as the described markings would be fantastic, although I don't know if it differs from the A config.

#33 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 20 April 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

The cries of "Pay to Win!" would deafen creatures in other galaxies.

lol So true... But really people paying the bills should get some kind of bonus ... Oh wait we do C-bills and XP :)

#34 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

Vlad was a hero, Make it a hero Timberwolf !! .... and he got to punch phelan in the face endlessly and couple with his squeeze. :)

#35 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

View PostSochr000, on 30 April 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

I thought he named it "Grinner" after a dog he had? Or did he rename it later(I'm only on like book 15)?

he named his Wolfhouhd (35 ton IS light battlemech in which he damaged a timberwolf, later rebuilt with clan tech) Grinner, the above was refering to the Dire Wolf, 100 ton assualt omnimech he used in the trial to become a mechwarior for Clan Wolf

#36 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostSaltBeef, on 13 May 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

Vlad was a hero, Make it a hero Timberwolf !! .... and he got to punch phelan in the face endlessly and couple with his squeeze. <_<

I am quite sure it was not a custom Timberwolf.. And i do not recall Vlad ever punching Phelan, outside of that time when he was weakened by drugs :ph34r: I do recall, instead, how Phelan saved Vlad, punched him & defeated him in a 'Mech duel .. :)

#37 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

I would love to get Vlad's Executioner, though. He had the things engine downtuned, and the armor upgraded in it, so it is a pretty huge change from the standard Executioner fit, but it packed a pair of Gauss Rifles (one per arm), 1 ERLLas in each side torso, and 2 ERMLas in each side torso. Sadly, it might be p2w if released as a hero mech just because it has so much more available pod space due to the downrated engine.

#38 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 May 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

I would love to get Vlad's Executioner, though. He had the things engine downtuned, and the armor upgraded in it, so it is a pretty huge change from the standard Executioner fit, but it packed a pair of Gauss Rifles (one per arm), 1 ERLLas in each side torso, and 2 ERMLas in each side torso. Sadly, it might be p2w if released as a hero mech just because it has so much more available pod space due to the downrated engine.

Did he use it later than 3051? If so, it may just not fit the timeline.. For example, i think Yen-lo-Wang is fitted with an AC/20, not a Gauss Rifle and MPLs as modified for Kai Allard..

#39 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

True, I think it is a later timeline configuration, but it is a very unique hero setup. Vlad went through omnimechs like a diabetic patient goes through insulin.

#40 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 May 2014 - 05:28 AM, said:

Vlad went through omnimechs like a diabetic patient goes through insulin.

Something like Timberwolf -> Stormcrow -> Executioner? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users