Stock Mech Mondays

1821 replies to this topic

#981 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'll be working abroad for the next several weeks, so I'll be missing SMM. Keep up your fire.

#982 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 21 September 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

I'll be working abroad for the next several weeks, so I'll be missing SMM. Keep up your fire.

:(

#983 Here comes BarHaid from 3025

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationStill Mid-Cascadia. It's not like I've moved or anything, geez....

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Acting ensign BarHaid reporting for garrison duty!

When I finally upgrade my home computer it will be a pleasure to join you all on the Mondays. Until then, I shall grind away in PUG land on Hard Mode. :D

(An aside: boy that cadet bonus is great! I was able to get a full flight of Commandos and a Centurion; with no pesky engine or structure upgrades to worry about!)

#984 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostBarHaid in a stock mech, on 22 September 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

(An aside: boy that cadet bonus is great! I was able to get a full flight of Commandos and a Centurion; with no pesky engine or structure upgrades to worry about!)

It does make getting your next mech that much easier!

#985 Carl Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to miss SMM again. I wish I could attend every one, but bothersome R.L. does get in the way.

#986 Sergey Kosinskiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 651 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Pff no one is gonna miss your raven. :(

Edited by Sergey kosinskiy, 22 September 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#987 Cyphersphere

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

** Attention! **

The TeamSpeak server IP has changed to:
198.37.118.56 or STRANAMECHTY.INFO

#988 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostCyphersphere, on 23 September 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

** Attention! **

The TeamSpeak server IP has changed to:
198.37.118.56 or STRANAMECHTY.INFO

Rgr that. Thanks for the update!

#989 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

So I've been avoiding this game lately due to the influx of c-bill Clan heavy/assaults and the eager free-to-play masses yearning to pilot them. Seeing a lot of threads lately about the queues being swarmed with 80+ percent of the population in the heavy and assault classes. Is that true? Have lights and mediums gone the way of the dodo in this game now?

#990 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 26 September 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

So I've been avoiding this game lately due to the influx of c-bill Clan heavy/assaults and the eager free-to-play masses yearning to pilot them. Seeing a lot of threads lately about the queues being swarmed with 80+ percent of the population in the heavy and assault classes. Is that true? Have lights and mediums gone the way of the dodo in this game now?

For the moment, yes. It will calm back down to normal levels once people have finished checking out the "new shinies". Yesterday was a bit painful for me in one match. Turned around on my Hunchback 4G with yellow/orange right torso armor, and then BAM! Right torso was gone from a Meta-wolf (and yes Carl, I know you opinion of the term "meta", but it's the easiest way to explain what it was). I hid at that point and ran away to assist someplace else with my remaining sm and med laser, only to crash into another Meta-wolf and BAM! Down I went...

It's not the mechs, it's that high pin point (instant) convergence. I understand why it's here (it was either slow convergence, or HSR), but it's still annoying. (And people wonder why I prefer my LRMs. Then, if I find these meta builds, I can keep my distance and rain on them as an option...)

Game is still fun. Just, you have to be even more careful (for now). It wont last long, as always. Give it a week/month and it will level out again.

PS: If you want my opinion, I agree with my brother. Mechs aren't OP, it's Mechlab that's OP!

Edited by Tesunie, 26 September 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#991 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

I have yet to see it go over ~40% heavies.

Which in all fairness, it frequently did before that release (if less frequently)

On the other hand, I can also share screenshots of that chart over the last few days where Heavies were one of the smallest in the que - with mediums hitting that ~40%. :rolleyes:

#992 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

Naw.. I only get one or two matches a day without a full compliment of lights and meds. When I am the only light though, it sure is a tense experience!

#993 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...e-whale-season/

#994 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 September 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

That is some kind of beautiful, there.

Edited by Rhaythe, 26 September 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#995 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

I personally haven't played in the munchkin "open customization" mode in months. I only play on stock days occasionally, well.. only recently again since I got my internet back, but that's all.

I refuse to play in the Non Battle Tech mode and the only way I will ever use the matchmaker again is if they have a Stock 3025 and Stock 3050 queue. Stock Mode was the best in the previous MW games and an integrated mode selection for servers. Its heresy that it is completely ignored for MWO 'match making.'

Edited by General Taskeen, 26 September 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#996 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 26 September 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

I personally haven't played in the munchkin "open customization" mode in months. I only play on stock days occasionally, well.. only recently again since I got my internet back, but that's all.

I refuse to play in the Non Battle Tech mode and the only way I will ever use the matchmaker again is if they have a Stock 3025 and Stock 3050 queue. Stock Mode was the best in the previous MW games and an integrated mode selection for servers. Its heresy that it is completely ignored for MWO 'match making.'

I kinda understand your viewpoint, but at the same time, I disagree with the customization mode not being considered BT.

We used to run custom mechs all the time in our TT games. We looked at stock mechs as guidelines, and platforms to work from.

#997 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Posted ImageIraqiWalker, on 26 September 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

I kinda understand your viewpoint, but at the same time, I disagree with the customization mode not being considered BT.

We used to run custom mechs all the time in our TT games. We looked at stock mechs as guidelines, and platforms to work from.

Unfortunately when every light mech goes 150+ km/h ( for example ) in open customization, it goes far beyond any resemblance of BattleTech (for me anyways), thus all Mechs become the same with similar loadouts w/max armor without being truly different.

Normally in TT, historical battles interested me more, which is purely using stock mechs from the random assignment tables based on what was available for a particular battle and for a faction (If a DC pilot is assigned a JR7-D in canon, that's what they get, no modifications, just factory work). Generally speaking when customization comes into to play in TT (which comes with various restriction rules depending on what is used), it looks very little like what it does in MWO... like stripping out engines and putting other massive engine in.

#998 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Event should be starting soon. Just a reminder that the team speak server's IP address has changed.

#999 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

What's the TS3 info? I can't log into Strana Mechty

EDIT: nvm, solved.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 29 September 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#1000 Carl Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

A good, solid SMM ... most of the evening, we had eight versus eight. This is the most people I've seen on a stock event in at least a month.

I was delighted to see Sergei in a Raven 4X at last -- and black, no less. : )

Edited by Carl Avery, 30 September 2014 - 09:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users